Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The One-Pot Diabetic Cookbook: Effortless Meals for Your Dutch Oven, Pressure Cooker, Sheet Pan, Skillet, and More Paperback – Illustrated, December 3, 2019
|New from||Used from|
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Ask Alexa to read your book with Audible integration or text-to-speech.
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Slow-Cooked Huevos Rancheros
Ser ves 8 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
Spice up breakfast with this flavorful classic. Huevos Rancheros makes a great breakfast-for-dinner meal everyone will love—and with leftovers too! Combining high-quality protein from eggs with nutrient-packed beans makes a filling and satisfying meal, no matter when you serve it.
Nut-Free • Vegetarian
1. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook the eggs for 5 to 8 minutes, until they’re firm but not cooked through. The eggs should still be slightly wet. Add the Colby-Jack cheese, scallions, and seasoning and mix well. Turn the temperature to low.
2. Top the eggs with the taco cheese. Then layer half the salsa, half the beans, and half the tortilla strips over the eggs. Repeat with the remaining salsa, beans, and tortilla strips.
3. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until everything is heated thoroughly and the cheese is melted.
4. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- 8 large eggs, 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup par t-skim shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 cup par t-skim shredded taco cheese
- 1 (15- ounce) can black or chili beans, rinsed and drained
- 4, 6-inch whole wheat tortillas, cut int o 1/2-inch strips, 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream divided
"I would recommend this book if you are trying to cut carbs to reduce your HbA1c and obtain a healthier body weight. This book is different from other reduced-carb meal plans in that it is based on a carb % rather than limiting everyone to the same number of grams per day, and these meals are healthy rather than low carb and high fat/high protein. Low carb dieting has to be done correctly to produce healthy results, and with Kathy’s book, you should be on your way to a healthier you!"―Tamara S. Herman, RD, LD, CDE
"The One-Pot Diabetes Cookbook is a treasure of healthy, delectable meals made simply in one pot for diabetes. Kathy Birkett includes important teaching points that are easily understood."―Ann Shalley, MD
"I love this cookbook! The first two chapters, while written for diabetics, are very informative and useful for anyone who wants to follow a healthy diet. The recipes are easy to follow and are great for any diabetic who is wanting to eat healthier but doesn't know where to begin. I plan to share this cookbook with my patients and families to help them better navigate the world of healthy eating!"―Nancy Farrar, NP
About the Author
KATHY BIRKETT, RDN, LD, is a registered dietitian and nutritionist with a passion for wholesome foods. She has spent 30 years in a broad range of healthcare settings including hospitals, diabetes education, counseling, and general wellness. You can find Kathy on Twitter @KathyBirkettRDN and at Facebook.com/NutritionForTheHealthOfIt.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press; Illustrated edition (December 3, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 180 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1641529482
- ISBN-13 : 978-1641529488
- Item Weight : 15.2 ounces
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.49 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #20,924 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
what should be prepared for unexpected company, The recipes are very helpful and most of the ingredients are
actually already on hand and workable for all family members. I'm ordering a second book as the first one is
being gifted to new friends, one of whom is from England so thought the diabetic information as well as the
up to date cooking methods would be helpful to them both. I do recommend this book!