Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 384 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 559 reviews
on May 4, 2016
I must say that "One Simple Idea" has helped me all the way thru the process of getting my own idea out there. I have already gone thru one patent with no success. With "One Simple Idea" I got all the information I needed to go step by step to move forward. I saved so much money and many mistakes just by reading Steven Keys book. On November 12,2016, I signed my first Licensing Agreement with a large Manufacturer that produces
Yard and Garden material. In fact they are test Marketing my idea in the large Big Box stores as I'm writing this review. So if you have an idea and have no clue of what to do, then your best bet is to get "One Simple Idea". It's affordable and very easy to understand. Steven wrote it to have anyone who doesn't want to go through the humble-jumble of trying to figure out what's he or she is reading about. Just EZ to Read. Shoots...for less than a HOT Pepperoni Pizza, you can get going by getting yourself this book and who knows...buy yourself the whole Pizza shop!

Keep on Dreaming...You won't regret it!

Ernest Kalani Makainai
on January 29, 2016
About 10 years ago I attended a licensing seminar in the SFO bay area. Stephen Key was speaking with the “inventright" group to about 50 people. His methodology as explained in this book is risk adverse, it puts the onus of bringing an idea to market on the manufacturer in terms of financial risk, getting them to pay for legal (patent) fees...you just collect a royalty for your “idea” and move onto the next. The book explains the pathway to earn without doing the grunt work.

At that time, regretfully... I had already started on the road to manufacturing so the advice I received at the seminar was valid, worthwhile and well understood but in my case essentially ignored. Fast forward 10 years and I receive a call from a manufacturer seeking to license my idea, I turned to the web of course for advice and tripped over this book. It was no surprise to me that it had well deserved A1 ratings. I naturally gravitated to this book since I knew of Stephen.

Many people have ideas but do not know how to go about getting them to market. Speaking from experience now, I can honestly say that if you are considering bringing a product to market you will need deep pockets (funding), it will suck up A LOT of time and energy, be extremely stressful dealing with manufacturers who change price, design spec, ship great prototypes but then totally mess up the big order…. the list is endless and something I never want to go through again. Not to mention marketing! You could have the best product in the world but unless you can get on Shark Tank or can afford to pay many thousands of dollars to market it then nobody will know about it. Needless to say, it can all be avoided by following Stephen Keys advice in this book. It breaks down the barriers of how to go about contacting the BIG GUNS who already have the distribution networks in place with Walmart, Target, Costco etc….

After reading this book I reached out to Stephen via email to thank him, I was truly excited and inspired. I also told him my situation with the licensing possibility. He called me almost immediately, he was delighted for the positive feedback of course but moreover was enthusiastic to help me out…. I am now on the way to securing a licensing deal.

Everyone has seen the invention ads on TV that should be avoided like the plague. Stephen is the real deal, aside from being extremely successful (likely not from selling the book) he wants to see others succeed. If you are serious about getting your idea to market, I would also encourage you to attend a inventright seminar: http://www.inventright.com

This book has now become a my gift of choice for family and friends, everyone at some point has One Simple Idea… it’s what your going to do with it that matters!

Incidentally, unlike some other books with pictures, diagrams etc, it displays fine on the kindle.
on February 16, 2017
I met Stephen Key about four years ago. I was looking for another way to leverage my Graphic Design skills. I found Stephen online and became intrigued as he talked about how licensing is a great fit for creatives and anyone with an idea for the marketplace. Subsequently, I purchased One Simple Idea. Not only was I fascinated by what Stephen had accomplished in his own licensing career, I was blown away that he was sharing his success, road map with the world. In the book, Stephen lays out his 10 step process to getting your idea(s) into the marketplace. It equipped me to subsequently get my ideas in front of some of the largest companies in the world. I've made contacts in companies that are top 10 and 20 leaders in their industries, and have an open door to submit new ideas to those same companies. One Simple Idea is one of the best investments I've made. If you have an idea you want to see in the marketplace, look no further than One Simple Idea!
on February 17, 2017
I was thinking of taking a product to market myself. Then I realized all the time and money and overall responsibility it would take to run at company. I decided I'd rather let someone else of it. In the throes of that decision I came across this book and some of the youtube information. I loved the book, wished I had read it earlier but am so glad I read it now. My plans have changed. I'm working with Steven and his group, have a terrific mentor and everyday am excited. I am sure I'm going to licensing my current product and then there are more to come. Bottom line, great informative book that will serve you well whether you decide to go it on your own or work with Steven. Now matter how much business experience you think you have, the book and company will save you time time time and give you a laser focused way to license a product. I don't work for the White House so there is no conflict of interest if I say BUY THIS BOOK!
on February 17, 2017
Stephen's extensive experience and passion for product licensing makes this book an extremely accessible and enjoyable read/listen that is very much an action oriented step-by-step manual. This book provides a very approachable road-map to develop and document your own product idea and then to engage with potential partners to negotiate a licensing agreement much more quickly and with lower financial risk than would be required in order to bring your product to market yourself. I did also appreciate that Stephen shared details of his experience, along with the associated pros and cons, of having manufactured and brought a product to market independently, i.e. without a licensing to an existing brand.
I initially purchased this book in audio format but it was so rich in content that I decided that I also needed the hardcopy in order to be able to more efficiently access detailed instructions and punch-list to use as a working reference guide.
on February 15, 2017
This book convinced me that licensing your ideas is simpler than most people think. For enjoying the fruits of your ideas you need more than just an idea, you need to understand how to convert your ideas into a cash flow, and Stephen Key explains you all the steps you need to follow to make this possible. Before reading the book I thought it was more complicated than it really is. Now, I understand the concept of "open innovation" where companies are more receptive to pay others for their ideas and I know the value of a "sell sheet" to present your ideas to companies. I highly recommend this book to all those people who have practical new product ideas and one of those person can be you because you don't need to be a profesional nor have experience in the field. Ordinary people can present their ideas to companies and license them. Thank you Stephen Key for sharing your experience and your knowledge.
on March 22, 2017
I've learn to seek knowledge before experience. It is ill advised to go into the idea/product development business with simple hope, desire, and emotions. These are great qualities but without knowledge and directions of the landscape you are heading for failure or painful hard and limited success. Forget about maps and leads, this book is a GPS system of the product development industry and provides you with all the sign post you need. It provides insights, examples, and walks you through sequential processes and methods that allows you to succeed. It is a must have book.
on March 6, 2016
Great primer on launching a new product. I'm in the middle of applying for a provisional patent on an idea, and found much of Mr. Key's advice on negotiating licensing agreements very useful. Also, I liked his common sense approach to opening doors with a short benefit statement, and NOT sending out a product sheet until there was at least a short conversation. Mr Key's personal successes are nice to read about, and help one to see the value of his approach. That said, I would like to have read more examples of other successes as well. If you've got an idea that is novel and possibly of value, you should read this book. This will be my first patent, so I'll post a follow-up on my success later. Good luck!
on August 21, 2017
I love that the author doesn't hold back. He made a valid point in his book when he said that some people hold back certain information in order for you to buy something else from them. He does not do that in this book. He makes it easy to understand. I have been reading different articles, blogs and books on keyword and this has been by far the best read because I was able to put his examples into action. This author is genuine in that he wants you to really understand the process and how to obtain the results you are looking for.
on August 11, 2017
The author describes licensing as if it was an easy task. The book has this "get rich overnight" vibe. Licensing is highly technical, difficult and time consuming. I work in pharmaceutical industry and own multiple patents. Licensing those patents has been difficult and I keep hearing a lot of rejections. This book does not prepare the inventor for the real world of licensing in my opinion but I am glad to read that it is easy for some people. I must have not been doing it right.