- File Size: 1648 KB
- Print Length: 490 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Bookouture (October 2, 2015)
- Publication Date: October 2, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B013GSVDBW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58,093 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
One Wish in Manhattan: An uplifting, romantic Christmas story Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 490 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
He's very rude and downright obnoxious to his mother like it's her fault his dad and brother died. I think I just don't like him.
A LOT of repetition in this book... a LOT of pages flipped without reading! A lot of name-dropping, Gaga, Madonna, Miley, Beyonce, Adam Levine, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, The Beckhams, Naomi Campbell etc., etc - became annoying. Altho I did enjoy the Christian Grey/Red Room call-out.
The author writes "England English" for the 3 characters from England. Unfortunately, she often ?slips? and writes England English for Oliver and his friend, Tony, who are not from England. Oliver thinks and talks in pounds rather than dollars and cents and jokingly referred to Haley's weight as 22 stone; Tony referred to his weight as 15 stone... WHAT??
Of all the restaurants in Manhattan, Oliver and Hayley end up in the same one? Ok, that could possibly happen ONCE but then they also end up in the same bar several days later!! Too bad she didn't have such luck with the Lost Daddy!
Of all the houses that need to be cleaned, Hayley's first job just happens to be for Oliver's mother?? A LOT of coinkydinks going on here if you ask me.
The Location Dividers were annoying, they were posted even when the location didn't change, and they took up half the page.
Their first date was very uncomfortable; the footsie-thing under the table in the restaurant was just... eww, and immediately dropped and forgotten when the food was served. The Billionaire's use of LMFAO was just embarrassing; as was the elevator scene: "Do it" she murmured. "Move me!" I thought maybe she wanted him to move her to the other side of the elevator... or move her from England to New York. What?
Oliver promised to dance with Hayley at the party; if that happened, they didn't share it with us. That could have been romantic!
--- OK, I finally finished, and thought I should add the things I did like about the story:
* Manhattan!! Love that city, especially at Christmas-time!
* Haley: liked her One Wish; she had a lot on her shoulders but didn't dwell on it like SOME people (I'm looking at you, Mr. Billionaire!)
* Angel: precocious and borderline annoying but still cute and funny
* Dean and Vern: they seemed to have a good relationship
* Michel: liked the 'lost daddy' and how he came thru for Angel. The story got interesting when he showed up; I would've seriously considered pursuing him instead of Oliver.
* Skating scene at Rockefeller Center was very nice
* The Butterfly logo/theme
Not sure how the ending was suppose to make me cry; it didn't. Not even a lump. Some of the reviews said there would be tears so I was thinking that maybe Oliver would die and Hayley would end up with Michel, but that would've made me happy (not Oliver dying, but her ending up with Michel)
But he said the test for the Rogue Heart-Attack Gene was negative, gave Haley a Butterfly engagement ring, Angel got her Daddy Warbucks and they all lived Happily Ever After! Or did they??? ... I think he lied about the test results to protect Haley and his mother.
I definitely recommend this book!
I always like to read these types of books during December... just to get me into the Christmas spirit of things!
I only gave it four stars because a couple of things bugged me. I know the author is British but Oliver isn't and when he said things that were too British it took something away. Also, a couple of things about New York weren't quite right and that bugged me, too. Pretty minor things but I enjoyed the story so much I just wanted it to be perfect!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy