Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on June 29, 2011
These were originally giveaways from Master Card and I greatly regret I did not buy them in bulk. I have not used it for white noise so I can't comment on battery life for that purpose. The batteries last at least a year when using it as an alarm clock only. The machines tend to die after 5 years or so, but they are ideal in the meantime.

The choices of sounds (I like the gong or the bird) and the volume control make it ideal for someone who does not want to be blasted out of bed by the over-the-top siren sounds that some clocks have.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 2, 2016
Glad to have found it -- had one before that was lost -- a gentle critter with my favorite wake-up call, bell chimes.
on January 11, 2016
It is cute, but unless you enjoy static the sound it terrible. I can get static waves, static rain, static birds and static static! it is consistent at least....
on May 4, 2017
Yes. It was perfect. My daughter ordered another one previously from a different vendor, as a present for me, and the speakers were blown. This one was perfect. I would buy from this vendor again without hesitation.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2014
I love this device! I work nights and sleep during the day. I turn this on (I particularly like the ocean sounds) and fall asleep easily. It's small, portable and great for when I travel also!
on March 29, 2016
my second on, wore the first one out, it lasted several years
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 22, 2013
HAD ONE FOR 10 YEARS AND IT BECAME STATICKY AND WANTED TO REPLACE IT WITH SAME MACHINE.I JUST USED THE NEW ONE ON A 7 DAY CRUISE AND IT WAS GREAT.I NEVER TRAVEL WITHOUT IT.
on October 29, 2015
My mom gave me one of these for Christmas well over fifteen years ago. I have used the white noise setting, but not often enough nor consistently enough to comment on battery-life. However, the clock itself, and the wonderfully soft and non-heart attack-inducing alarms, are still working great. I keep the volume very low and it wakes me gently with a chime or a cuckoo. I dread the day this marvelous little clock dies.
on February 7, 2011
We received this noise machine from my mom and use it for white noise to help our infant sleep. She loves the wave sounds. The volume can turn up surprisingly loud. Clock is very easy to set. The only downside is that it goes through the batteries fairly quickly (about every 3-5 days when you have it on all night) and we don't have a power adapter for ours. Note: the product description says it takes 2 AAA batteries, but it actually requires 3.