One X Enhanced
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's All Over 5/5- A great opening song. Really powerful and moving.
2. Pain 4.5/5- good song, it does take a few moments before the song really kicks in.
3. Animal I Have Become- Awesome track. Very catchy tune and lyrics. Buy the CD for this song.
4. Never too Late 5/5. Another great powerful moving song. It is something I myself can relate to and others guys I know.
5. On My Own 4/5- Althoug its is one of the my lesser favorites, I still enjoy listing to it.
6. Riot 4.5/5- Very catchy and loud. This sing really kicks in quickly.
7. Get out alive 4.5/5- a little slow but still a really awesome song.
8. Let it Die 5/5- Another very powerful moving song. This song helps me connects with real issues I have experienced.
9. Over and Over 5/5- Another great memorable song. One of my favorites.
10. Time of Dying 5/5- I feel like crying when I hear this song. It really does help me remember a time in my lie when I needed help. Very powerful.
11. Gone Forever 4/5- A little slow but still good.
12. One-X 3.5- My least favorite but still enjoyable.
This is seriousely one awesome. If you love rock, you'll this Cd.
Starting things off with the in-your-face track `It's All Over', Three Days Grace doesn't waste anytime getting to the brute force that made `I Hate Everything About You' such a blockbuster success. The second track, `Pain', has a very different feel to it, and it took me a while to get into it but the diluted sound to the verses is actually really cool. The first single off the album, `Animal I Have Become', follows in the same vein and delivers a brilliant rock track, and it's probably an even better single than `I Hate Everything About You', it's catchy, it's strong and it's relatable...a true anthem for the youth of today. Another blistering track is `Riot' which makes me just want to scream along "Let's start a riot!" every time I hear this song. The closing track `One X' is one of those tracks that tries to be inspirational with the chanting "we stand above the crowd" and it actually pulls it off quite well. A great way to close out the album.
But heavy anthems and blistering guitar work is not all this band has to offer. Some of the best tracks on this album are stripped down and simpler than that. `Never Too Late' is the first track on the album that capitalizes on the finger picking acoustic sound, and the lyrics about fighting against the impulse of suicide carries a strong message. `Get Out Alive' is one of my favorite songs on this album.Read more ›
"One-X" is the kind of album a busy band on the road comes up with on their second effort. You've heard it all before, about the lonely road, the faceless people, the alcohol/drug abuse. These bases are most definitely covered here. The lead-off single "Animal I Have Become" -- a song about becoming the victim of your vices -- is the shining example. Despite the dark nature of the album and particular songs like "Pain" and "It's All Over," the album has quite a few bright spots, which the first album was especially lacking. "Time Of Dying" proudly proclaims "I will not die, I will survive" and likewise, softer tracks like "Never Too Late" and "On My Own" reinforce this message. However, my favorite song on the album is the obligatory anthem, "Riot." Built off of an old-school sounding metal riff, I could definitely see this song taking off as the next hit.
All in all, every song is a hit, really. I will definitely go as far as to say that this is better than the first album. "One-X" simply doesn't disappoint. For the fans of the debut, there is plenty of material on here that holds up. For those hoping to see some growth, Three Days Grace surely grow. Without a single weak link, "One-X" is just a perfect second album.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My daughter and I sure Amazon music account. We have it on both of our phones and download it from the app store. Read morePublished 1 month ago by J. Satterfield
Great Album! Listening to this I thought I accidentally bought Three Days Grace's Greatest Hits album, but this album is just that full of good songs. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Steven