Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 30, 2016
This is an abbreviation of the awakenings book. It takes the key elements and frames them and assists by being the book you can pick up and read just a page and have something to absorb. I carried this around for a couple of years. I read the awakenings book before this. It is best to read that one first, I think. The Power of Now has a deep analysis but it seemed too detailed for me but obviously an important work.
10 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2017
This book explains how our minds keep us from experiencing the light. It shows the spiritual practice that we can perform to separate our spiritual selves from our mind. When we practice what is suggested we will be led out of the darkness of physical ignorance into the light of spiritual awareness.
2 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2018
Absolutely gorgeous book, aesthetically- bought it as a gift, was a major bullseye. Like my friend I'm also a fan of Tolle's messages... and now I feel like I want to get a copy of this book, too! It's so beautiful, havent seen a book so well-made in a long time- thick, quality pages, a book ribbon bookmark, beautiful pictures, and gold or gold-like trimmings. Great product, great gift.
on August 29, 2015
Every message on every page inspires me to look inward and to raise my awareness of my surroundings without interference of distracting thoughts, to appreciate simplicity and natural wonders, and to accept that to worry and stress is to attempt to control the uncontrollable. I'm learning to realize that we live much of our lives in our heads. In my youth, when I would worry over a situation, my father would say, "It's all in your head." He was right. We need to "unplug" and listen to the wonderful sounds of nature. When I see walkers hooked up to ear buds, they're missing the sound of the wind, the rustle of leaves, the songs of birds, the chatter of squirrels. Tolle's book is a lesson in reconnecting with our real selves ans the real world.
2 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2018
This book is a treasure. Read each page slowly and let the wisdom sink in. I find I can't read more than a few pages at a time because the material is so deep and richly layered. Its subtitle is "Inspirational Selections from A New Earth," and Tolle says its greatest benefit will be to those who have already read that book, I read "Oneness" first and then savored A New Earth. Both books are now my go-to reading, to uplift, enlighten and instruct me in these challenging times.
on January 18, 2015
A must have for any lover of Eckhart Tolle. Short little passages that you can read in the morning to get you centered and feeling peaceful before you begin your day. I love the feel of the pages (thick and with a slight sheen) and the art on them is very inspiring. And one of by favorite things about it is it has a satin ribbon attached to mark your page. No more cardboard book markers of dog-eared pages. It makes a great gift because of the beauty of the words and the actually making of the book.
4 people found this helpful
on November 18, 2009
If you are familiar with Tolle's work, the substance of this book is no different. The presentation however, is geared more towards casual quick reading. The subject matter is broken down in to smaller sections which make it easy to read and then contemplate. You don't feel compelled to read cover to cover. In fact Tolle recommends against it.
Personally, I like the layout and the art. There is something calming and soothing about flipping through the pages of this book. My purchase was a self indulgent splurge.
I would not recommend this book if you are looking for new information. This is more for your "feel good" book collection. If you do know someone who enjoys reading Tolle, this would make an excellent gift.
15 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2016
I have other books by Tolle, and would not have bought this one if it had not been for a Tolle "group" I belong to. However, now that I have the book, I'm glad I bought it. It's beautiful. The artwork is calming and beautiful.
One person found this helpful
on September 4, 2014
I have always been a fan of Eckhart Tolle, ever since the first time I met him a few years ago on Oprah Winfrey's world wide internet introduuction on the release of his very first book. After listening to him I said I want what he has. I have been working on that all these years. While I can't say I am there yet I think I am rather close to it. It has to do with a peace that radiates when we finally realize that we are not our thoughts, we are the observers and that is where our free will comes in. we have a choice to accept or just let go.
on November 10, 2016
Eckhart Tolle is one of my favorite authors. Along with Don Miguel Ruiz and his family. I read books every day and I switch off from those two "genres", if you will. It helps keep me grounded and in tune with my Being. Love, love, love this book.