Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 122 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on January 30, 2016
This is an abbreviation of the awakenings book. It takes the key elements and frames them and assists by being the book you can pick up and read just a page and have something to absorb. I carried this around for a couple of years. I read the awakenings book before this. It is best to read that one first, I think. The Power of Now has a deep analysis but it seemed too detailed for me but obviously an important work.
on January 18, 2015
A must have for any lover of Eckhart Tolle. Short little passages that you can read in the morning to get you centered and feeling peaceful before you begin your day. I love the feel of the pages (thick and with a slight sheen) and the art on them is very inspiring. And one of by favorite things about it is it has a satin ribbon attached to mark your page. No more cardboard book markers of dog-eared pages. It makes a great gift because of the beauty of the words and the actually making of the book.
on August 29, 2015
Every message on every page inspires me to look inward and to raise my awareness of my surroundings without interference of distracting thoughts, to appreciate simplicity and natural wonders, and to accept that to worry and stress is to attempt to control the uncontrollable. I'm learning to realize that we live much of our lives in our heads. In my youth, when I would worry over a situation, my father would say, "It's all in your head." He was right. We need to "unplug" and listen to the wonderful sounds of nature. When I see walkers hooked up to ear buds, they're missing the sound of the wind, the rustle of leaves, the songs of birds, the chatter of squirrels. Tolle's book is a lesson in reconnecting with our real selves ans the real world.
on July 31, 2014
For those on a path to enlightenment, you may find this book to fit exactly what you have read in the past and hit those messages and guidance you may have received elsewhere. This did for me, and provided additional insight/confirmation. For those curious, it's a good read but may be unclear in some areas. Still, I appreciate the approach and examples. His message was clear and easily received at deeper levels of understanding. Very good read. I look forward to more works from Mr. Tolle.
on November 18, 2009
If you are familiar with Tolle's work, the substance of this book is no different. The presentation however, is geared more towards casual quick reading. The subject matter is broken down in to smaller sections which make it easy to read and then contemplate. You don't feel compelled to read cover to cover. In fact Tolle recommends against it.
Personally, I like the layout and the art. There is something calming and soothing about flipping through the pages of this book. My purchase was a self indulgent splurge.
I would not recommend this book if you are looking for new information. This is more for your "feel good" book collection. If you do know someone who enjoys reading Tolle, this would make an excellent gift.
on June 20, 2017
Love Eckhart Tolle.
on March 23, 2017
GREAT.
on September 4, 2014
I have always been a fan of Eckhart Tolle, ever since the first time I met him a few years ago on Oprah Winfrey's world wide internet introduuction on the release of his very first book. After listening to him I said I want what he has. I have been working on that all these years. While I can't say I am there yet I think I am rather close to it. It has to do with a peace that radiates when we finally realize that we are not our thoughts, we are the observers and that is where our free will comes in. we have a choice to accept or just let go.
Like all of his books and teachings this is excellent. His ability to communicate and explain complex concepts is superior and second to none. It speaks to the heart and soul and one can feel his energy and presence will takes one into the present moment as one reads. Words dp not do this book justice.
on February 7, 2014
This book is so inspirational and speaks to the soul that everyone in the universe should read it. Our world would be in such a much better place if we all could incorporate Mr. Tolle's meaning of who we are, why we are here, and how to be in a continuous state of joy and enlightenment. With love of ourselves and our neighbor--can you imagine it. be kind one and all??
His books are wonderful and put the reader in an i can do it state. thank you eckhart tolle