Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,837 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,967 reviews
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I got these because a plastic set of Farberware measuring utensils I had purchased only a few months ago had labels that had already worn off. Besides, you can never have too many copies of measuring cups, etc. if you are in the habit of cooking from scratch quite often.

The bonus here is not only are they made of stainless steel, they're stamped with the measurements.

I know that some of you are going to say, "hey, if you're such a great cook, can't you just tell from a glance what size the cups are?" Yes, I can, but I often have others working in the kitchen with me and further, it's always good to be able to double-check. You don't want to add 1/3 a cup of sugar to a recipe that calls for 1/4.

I also like the little indentations on the rim that assist in pouring.
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.
on July 5, 2017
What a great deal on a stainless measuring cup and spoon set! I originally bought this to go in our RV, but love the set so much that I've kept it in the house. I'm going to purchase another set for the RV. These cups are sturdy enough to hard pack brown sugar or dip into solid shortening. I have a warming element on my range and I put butter in one of the measuring cups to melt while I make pancakes. Works like a charm! I've also melted a small amount of chocolate using the warming element (please note that this is a warming element only and does not generate much heat). The spoons are also sturdy and handy. I wash them all in the dishwasher and they come out sparkling clean every time.
Enthusiast: Cookingon October 19, 2016
Bought these as a lightning deal on amazon and I'm not a fan of the spoons. These are not made out of good quality stainless. I have washed the spoons maybe twice in the dishwasher and it already has some rust on it. I bought these to measure out baby cereal, but I switched to just using a regular tablespoon.I thought I was getting a great deal but some things are too good to be true
on June 25, 2017
I already have 2 sets of measuring cups from Tupperware, but the marking on the cups has worn off, I took a permanent marker to each one and wrote the cup size on them, but that didn't say on for long, when I see these I thought they would be perfect, I already used them on Saturday and I really LOVE how there have long handles on them, I can fill my cups up in the flour bend, sugar bend or whatever bend than scrap off the excess that is over the cup edges and so NICE, my Tupperware ones just got donated to the Salvation Army because THESE are SO AWESOME! and the markings are engraved into the sides and bottom.
on May 6, 2017
There are fine for a low price solution.

The Tea spoon / Table spoon measures are really quite nice.

I docked one star due to the wire 'cup' handles.
1) They are a little awkward to hold. They just feel odd in the hand.
2) The wire isn't welded evenly on the cups which is driving my OCD nuts ;) On all four cups, one side is just about even with the top of the measuring cup, while the other end of the wire is welded just a bit (1/8 - 1/4" estimate) lower.

It's not a deal-breaker and for a budget product, it's fine.
on September 15, 2012
Pros:

- The metal finish looks pretty good
- Decent price

Cons:

- Handle for one of the measuring cups broke off before I even had a chance to use it
- Measuring units on cups are hard to read (I didn't even realize they were there at first)

I bought this set based on the mostly positive reviews, so my experience may have been rare, but I was extremely disappointed by the build quality of these. I didn't open the package and realize the issue until it was too late to return to Amazon, so I'm now missing a 1/2 cup measurer, which is frustrating.
review image
on April 13, 2014
Update: This review is of the Chefland set that was available pre-c. 2007 or so- which had solid stem/handles on the measuring cups that matched the stem/handle style of the spoon set -- the ones shown post c. 2017 are different-- so please note this review is of the earlier set that was purchased ... I still have the original set from several years ago and they work great! But, when I wanted to gift a set to a friend with a cookbook as a housewarming gift-- I noticed that the style of the set was no longer 'uniform', which didn't look quite as nice as most people want all of the pieces in a 'set' to match, and a few of the reviewers also noted a cutting risk with the cups having razor sharp edges-- so that in addition to the change of the look with the cheaper wire handles -- I didn't want it to look like the gift wasn't cohesive or not truly a mated set, so I decided to try the Eastwood 8-Piece set and found that in terms of both, function and look it was equal to/on par with the original style-- the Eastwood 8-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set -and though more expensive here, but can be found cheaper with a Google search -- The Eastwood set is durable, easy to clean, easy to store and doesn’t look cheap in your kitchen. And compared to other replacement sets tried, the Eastman 8-piece measuring st physically comes closest to matching exactly the same in quality of measure and appearance to the original Chefland set (lot c. pre-2007), that was loved so much - ! And with only the exception of the 1/4 tsp spoon measure- in which the
Eastman 1/4tsp held a smidge more (about 1/16th tsp or so more) in volume than the Chefland spoon of the same noted measure-), so the Eastwood matches up about 99%+ in terms of accuracy with the original Chefland set that used have all matching handles like the current Eastwood model/set.- ** I guess at this point-- the only way to truly maintain precise measures when baking and trying out recipes at home is to use a digital kitchen scale for standard measure in recipes and also have a small jewelry/spice scale for very small measures-- but, the ChefLand and Eastwood 8-piece measuring sets really are great and were much more accurate in general (and to one another) than other measuring sets I have tried in the past. they look and work nearly the same as the ChefLand original-- and were available for less than $10 on Ebay..
*******
Our review of the Chefland 8-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
What can I say, I love them, I love them, I love them!

In terms of appearance I prefer the look of sleek stainless steel over the cheaper plasticy ones, and I also needed something I could use for measuring out essential oils in my formularies that wouldn’t erode the material (so I do have both kinds), and the original (c. 2007) set by ChefLand's OneSource really made the grade!

It’s durable, easy to clean, easy to store and doesn’t look cheap in your kitchen.

Overall, they make a really great investment for your kitchen accessories in the long term. Awesome!

Our grade: B+ ; or 4-Stars!