Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
55 comments| 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 14, 2015
The measuring cups and spoons arrived covered of some kind of black greasy dust, really difficult to get ride of, I had to wash them several time to get them clean.
After the first use, half of the measuring cups started to rust!
Poor quality, I don't recommend this item!
on December 15, 2016
The 1/3 cup measure has the finish on the interior gone. At first I thought someone had used it as it looked dirty around the bottom edge. After washing with very hot soapy water and scratch free scrubber, it is still there. I looked at it under magnification and it appears the finish is gone and it is black in that area. I was afraid to use and threw that one out. The others look okay, but are they just coated in stainless steel rather than being made of actual stainless steel??? I wonder if the others will do this over time. I planned to give as a gift, but could not with the one looking like it was used. So I will keep the others and see if they loose their stainless steel finish as well. I got the item fairly cheap, but still over paid considering this issue
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 11, 2017
This set is the perfect example of you get what you pay for. It is a really cheap set at a cheap price. The spoons are a very thin stamped steel and while they are supposed to be stainless, one was rusted out of the package. The cups look better but they too are thing and the edges are very sharp. I thought I would use these to replace my plastic set in the kitchen but no.....these will be moved to the garage for measuring lawn products. Still, even with the negatives, it is a value priced product and is worth what I paid. If I had paid $20 for these they would get one star but for the price....they are ok. I just wished I had paid more and got more.
on December 27, 2017
I am not familiar with the customary system so I selected this set since Metric values are included and the price was fair. The stainless steel composition clearly outperforms that of cheap plastic types and you can insert these cups into lower rack of dishwashers without worrying about melting/warping. The pouring lips are ideal for transferring fine powders and liquids in the larger cups and smooth surfaces prevent seasonings from caking when you pour them. However, my only complaint is that the handles are bare metal so your grip can be poor if you handled oily/wet foods.
on December 21, 2015
Initially, this item was great because the price was very reasonable and everything looked pretty top notch in terms of material. However, I used it about 4 times (in less than 3 weeks) and found that there was rust on the bottom of the measuring cups. Eww. It wasn't as if I let them soak in water. I just washed them and let them air dry and it became rusty. I called Amazon and they refunded me. I'm going to just throw away this product because it is unsanitary to use now. The material is really low quality. I laugh that they advertise this as stainless steel. Also, I don't particularly like that all the measuring cups are linked together. I wish you could detach the cups more easily but they are pretty linked together.
on January 31, 2015
The measuring spoons have "SHARP" edges on EVERY surface making them DANGEROUS to even TRY to use. After several small cuts on my hands just while unpacking and examining them I had to throw them away...I wouldn't even donate them because they aren't safe to use!! The measuring cups also have sharp edged around the top edges but are usable as long as used ONLY touching the rounded smoother handles. Use an abundance of CAUTION and NEVER let anyone else touch them. I WILL definitely be replacing them & safely disposing of them. I only wish I had kept the packing which my husband took out with trash as he walked by. ;-{
AMAZON needs to pull these and NEVER, EVER sell them or show them on the website!!!!!!!!

Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
Top Contributor: Petson November 4, 2017
A perfectly acceptable, basic set of measuring cups.

There is nothing remarkable about these measuring cups and spoons. They are very simply in style, basically being a plain metal bowl attached to a plain metal handle and having their size etched into them. The metal is thin and will certainly dent under abuse, but isn't so thin that normal use will bend them out of shape. They wash up in the dishwasher just fine and I haven't noticed any rust or excessive wear and tear.

I got these measuring cups and spoons as sort of a backup set for when my primary ones are all dirty. For that purpose, they do well. If you are shopping for your first set of measuring cups, however, I would look elsewhere and splurge for something a bit more clearly labeled and of higher quality.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse