Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,754 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,879 reviews
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 336 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2011
I agree with K. Lambert. For $9.95 this set is a steal - definitely better than plastic but it's not without flaws. As shown in the photos I uploaded, there are brownish discolorations in all the cups, right where the handles were welded on. I tried scrubbing the stains but they wouldn't come off. I guess it's alright as long as it doesn't spread to the entire cup. The cups themselves aren't that thick and actually give a little bit when squeezed (but who would do that)? The cup handles, on the other hand, are quite sturdy and don't bend. I just hope they never come off since they're just attached onto the cups. The spoons are better, I think. I compared them with my old plastic spoon set and they hold the exact same amount of liquid. I have yet to try washing them in the dishwasher. I don't expect this set to last long but by the time they break I'll probably be ready for an upgrade. Product is made in India.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
These started to rust after one washing. No matter how dry I think I got them, I find a new spot of rust every time I go to use them.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2016
They are fairly accurate...I used my scale to test them. I like how sturdy they are because I like to scoop out of containers of bulk ingredients. Plastic cups usually end up breaking from scooping against dense ingredients. I've washed some of them twice with some of them soaking in water for a while. I haven't noticed any rust yet. I'll update if any rust does pop up. I liked them until THEY MADE ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD...death to the cups! The edges cut me like my first love and the romance was over...no baking for the day...microwaved frozen sara lee claptrap that night, which is what I ate after that breakup.

Ok enough jokes, I recommend dishwashing only or take extra care like you would with a knife. Don't let your young ones use it unless you want a screaming child on your hands. Safety requirements at work: a disgusting band-aid on my finger with glove for the rest of the day...thanks ChefLand.
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
on December 8, 2011
As I am cleaning the measuring cups, brand new right out of the box, I see that the handle on the "one cup" is already half detached from the cup. I am also noticing that the cups are very sharp around the rim, and am concerned that this could cause I minor, but probably uncomfortable, cut at some point. I would not purchase this set again. The measuring spoons, on first examination, seem to be fine.
on April 14, 2015
The measuring cups and spoons arrived covered of some kind of black greasy dust, really difficult to get ride of, I had to wash them several time to get them clean.
After the first use, half of the measuring cups started to rust!
Poor quality, I don't recommend this item!
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.
on November 9, 2016
I thought these were cute with the open handle - and they were (though thin and cheap looking). However, I have no intention of keeping them linked together in the drawer and, since they are NOT LABELED, I would have to be able to tell, at a glance, the difference between 1/4 and 1/3 cup. Ridiculous! Can't use. To add insult, they charged me return shipping so I might as well have thrown them in the trash (and wish I would have.)

EDIT: I ordered a lovely set of colorful, collapsible silicone cups/spoons that have the size clearly marked in the bottom. Very attractive and even more useful as I can keep them in a low profile drawer - even linked together! Infinitely preferrable to the above set which I strongly advise you not to buy, especially as they can't be returned under Amazon's usually generous terms.