Salon Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
400 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
260 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 14, 2015
The measuring cups and spoons arrived covered of some kind of black greasy dust, really difficult to get ride of, I had to wash them several time to get them clean.
After the first use, half of the measuring cups started to rust!
Poor quality, I don't recommend this item!
27 people found this helpful
on January 26, 2016
They are fairly accurate...I used my scale to test them. I like how sturdy they are because I like to scoop out of containers of bulk ingredients. Plastic cups usually end up breaking from scooping against dense ingredients. I've washed some of them twice with some of them soaking in water for a while. I haven't noticed any rust yet. I'll update if any rust does pop up. I liked them until THEY MADE ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD...death to the cups! The edges cut me like my first love and the romance was over...no baking for the day...microwaved frozen sara lee claptrap that night, which is what I ate after that breakup.

Ok enough jokes, I recommend dishwashing only or take extra care like you would with a knife. Don't let your young ones use it unless you want a screaming child on your hands. Safety requirements at work: a disgusting band-aid on my finger with glove for the rest of the day...thanks ChefLand.
17 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2016
The 1/3 cup measure has the finish on the interior gone. At first I thought someone had used it as it looked dirty around the bottom edge. After washing with very hot soapy water and scratch free scrubber, it is still there. I looked at it under magnification and it appears the finish is gone and it is black in that area. I was afraid to use and threw that one out. The others look okay, but are they just coated in stainless steel rather than being made of actual stainless steel??? I wonder if the others will do this over time. I planned to give as a gift, but could not with the one looking like it was used. So I will keep the others and see if they loose their stainless steel finish as well. I got the item fairly cheap, but still over paid considering this issue
4 people found this helpful
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
49 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2012
These started to rust after one washing. No matter how dry I think I got them, I find a new spot of rust every time I go to use them.
97 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2017
This set is the perfect example of you get what you pay for. It is a really cheap set at a cheap price. The spoons are a very thin stamped steel and while they are supposed to be stainless, one was rusted out of the package. The cups look better but they too are thing and the edges are very sharp. I thought I would use these to replace my plastic set in the kitchen but no.....these will be moved to the garage for measuring lawn products. Still, even with the negatives, it is a value priced product and is worth what I paid. If I had paid $20 for these they would get one star but for the price....they are ok. I just wished I had paid more and got more.
2 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.
One person found this helpful
on January 31, 2015
The measuring spoons have "SHARP" edges on EVERY surface making them DANGEROUS to even TRY to use. After several small cuts on my hands just while unpacking and examining them I had to throw them away...I wouldn't even donate them because they aren't safe to use!! The measuring cups also have sharp edged around the top edges but are usable as long as used ONLY touching the rounded smoother handles. Use an abundance of CAUTION and NEVER let anyone else touch them. I WILL definitely be replacing them & safely disposing of them. I only wish I had kept the packing which my husband took out with trash as he walked by. ;-{
AMAZON needs to pull these and NEVER, EVER sell them or show them on the website!!!!!!!!

Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set