Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,819 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,947 reviews
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
These started to rust after one washing. No matter how dry I think I got them, I find a new spot of rust every time I go to use them.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 243 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2013
Measuring spoons were just fine, but we were disappointed in the measuring cups. Not only were they thin and the top rim sharp to the touch, but within two weeks, they started rusting.
I got these because a plastic set of Farberware measuring utensils I had purchased only a few months ago had labels that had already worn off. Besides, you can never have too many copies of measuring cups, etc. if you are in the habit of cooking from scratch quite often.

The bonus here is not only are they made of stainless steel, they're stamped with the measurements.

I know that some of you are going to say, "hey, if you're such a great cook, can't you just tell from a glance what size the cups are?" Yes, I can, but I often have others working in the kitchen with me and further, it's always good to be able to double-check. You don't want to add 1/3 a cup of sugar to a recipe that calls for 1/4.

I also like the little indentations on the rim that assist in pouring.
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.
on July 5, 2017
What a great deal on a stainless measuring cup and spoon set! I originally bought this to go in our RV, but love the set so much that I've kept it in the house. I'm going to purchase another set for the RV. These cups are sturdy enough to hard pack brown sugar or dip into solid shortening. I have a warming element on my range and I put butter in one of the measuring cups to melt while I make pancakes. Works like a charm! I've also melted a small amount of chocolate using the warming element (please note that this is a warming element only and does not generate much heat). The spoons are also sturdy and handy. I wash them all in the dishwasher and they come out sparkling clean every time.
Enthusiast: Cookingon October 19, 2016
Bought these as a lightning deal on amazon and I'm not a fan of the spoons. These are not made out of good quality stainless. I have washed the spoons maybe twice in the dishwasher and it already has some rust on it. I bought these to measure out baby cereal, but I switched to just using a regular tablespoon.I thought I was getting a great deal but some things are too good to be true
on December 21, 2015
Initially, this item was great because the price was very reasonable and everything looked pretty top notch in terms of material. However, I used it about 4 times (in less than 3 weeks) and found that there was rust on the bottom of the measuring cups. Eww. It wasn't as if I let them soak in water. I just washed them and let them air dry and it became rusty. I called Amazon and they refunded me. I'm going to just throw away this product because it is unsanitary to use now. The material is really low quality. I laugh that they advertise this as stainless steel. Also, I don't particularly like that all the measuring cups are linked together. I wish you could detach the cups more easily but they are pretty linked together.