Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,832 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,961 reviews
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I got these because a plastic set of Farberware measuring utensils I had purchased only a few months ago had labels that had already worn off. Besides, you can never have too many copies of measuring cups, etc. if you are in the habit of cooking from scratch quite often.

The bonus here is not only are they made of stainless steel, they're stamped with the measurements.

I know that some of you are going to say, "hey, if you're such a great cook, can't you just tell from a glance what size the cups are?" Yes, I can, but I often have others working in the kitchen with me and further, it's always good to be able to double-check. You don't want to add 1/3 a cup of sugar to a recipe that calls for 1/4.

I also like the little indentations on the rim that assist in pouring.
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.
on July 5, 2017
What a great deal on a stainless measuring cup and spoon set! I originally bought this to go in our RV, but love the set so much that I've kept it in the house. I'm going to purchase another set for the RV. These cups are sturdy enough to hard pack brown sugar or dip into solid shortening. I have a warming element on my range and I put butter in one of the measuring cups to melt while I make pancakes. Works like a charm! I've also melted a small amount of chocolate using the warming element (please note that this is a warming element only and does not generate much heat). The spoons are also sturdy and handy. I wash them all in the dishwasher and they come out sparkling clean every time.
Enthusiast: Cookingon October 19, 2016
Bought these as a lightning deal on amazon and I'm not a fan of the spoons. These are not made out of good quality stainless. I have washed the spoons maybe twice in the dishwasher and it already has some rust on it. I bought these to measure out baby cereal, but I switched to just using a regular tablespoon.I thought I was getting a great deal but some things are too good to be true
on June 25, 2017
I already have 2 sets of measuring cups from Tupperware, but the marking on the cups has worn off, I took a permanent marker to each one and wrote the cup size on them, but that didn't say on for long, when I see these I thought they would be perfect, I already used them on Saturday and I really LOVE how there have long handles on them, I can fill my cups up in the flour bend, sugar bend or whatever bend than scrap off the excess that is over the cup edges and so NICE, my Tupperware ones just got donated to the Salvation Army because THESE are SO AWESOME! and the markings are engraved into the sides and bottom.
on June 11, 2017
I know I shouldn't have expected much from such a cheap little measuring set, but some how I thought that all they had to do was measure.... I was wrong. I really dislike using this set. They have sharp edges and a pain to handle and just so cheaply made. Of course this means no one in my large house likes to use them either, so they are often available and not in the sink or dishwasher.... but they make me further dislike cooking I swear it! Yes, they work, but I just can't recommend these to anyone, even for this price! Who would have thought a measuring cup and spoon set could make me so grumpy? LOL
on May 6, 2017
There are fine for a low price solution.

The Tea spoon / Table spoon measures are really quite nice.

I docked one star due to the wire 'cup' handles.
1) They are a little awkward to hold. They just feel odd in the hand.
2) The wire isn't welded evenly on the cups which is driving my OCD nuts ;) On all four cups, one side is just about even with the top of the measuring cup, while the other end of the wire is welded just a bit (1/8 - 1/4" estimate) lower.

It's not a deal-breaker and for a budget product, it's fine.
on September 15, 2012
Pros:

- The metal finish looks pretty good
- Decent price

Cons:

- Handle for one of the measuring cups broke off before I even had a chance to use it
- Measuring units on cups are hard to read (I didn't even realize they were there at first)

I bought this set based on the mostly positive reviews, so my experience may have been rare, but I was extremely disappointed by the build quality of these. I didn't open the package and realize the issue until it was too late to return to Amazon, so I'm now missing a 1/2 cup measurer, which is frustrating.
review image