Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,731 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,863 reviews
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
These started to rust after one washing. No matter how dry I think I got them, I find a new spot of rust every time I go to use them.
on November 9, 2016
I thought these were cute with the open handle - and they were (though thin and cheap looking). However, I have no intention of keeping them linked together in the drawer and, since they are NOT LABELED, I would have to be able to tell, at a glance, the difference between 1/4 and 1/3 cup. Ridiculous! Can't use. To add insult, they charged me return shipping so I might as well have thrown them in the trash (and wish I would have.)

EDIT: I ordered a lovely set of colorful, collapsible silicone cups/spoons that have the size clearly marked in the bottom. Very attractive and even more useful as I can keep them in a low profile drawer - even linked together! Infinitely preferrable to the above set which I strongly advise you not to buy, especially as they can't be returned under Amazon's usually generous terms.
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
on April 14, 2015
The measuring cups and spoons arrived covered of some kind of black greasy dust, really difficult to get ride of, I had to wash them several time to get them clean.
After the first use, half of the measuring cups started to rust!
Poor quality, I don't recommend this item!
on February 20, 2013
Measuring spoons were just fine, but we were disappointed in the measuring cups. Not only were they thin and the top rim sharp to the touch, but within two weeks, they started rusting.
on January 26, 2016
They are fairly accurate...I used my scale to test them. I like how sturdy they are because I like to scoop out of containers of bulk ingredients. Plastic cups usually end up breaking from scooping against dense ingredients. I've washed some of them twice with some of them soaking in water for a while. I haven't noticed any rust yet. I'll update if any rust does pop up. I liked them until THEY MADE ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD...death to the cups! The edges cut me like my first love and the romance was over...no baking for the day...microwaved frozen sara lee claptrap that night, which is what I ate after that breakup.

Ok enough jokes, I recommend dishwashing only or take extra care like you would with a knife. Don't let your young ones use it unless you want a screaming child on your hands. Safety requirements at work: a disgusting band-aid on my finger with glove for the rest of the day...thanks ChefLand.
review image
If you are like me and have a mismatched collection of measuring cups and spoons....stop the clutter and purchase this ChefLand 8-Piece Measuring Set. I threw out every plastic measuring cup and spoon I had and replaced them with this one compact and study measuring set. the stainless steel is so easy to clean weather you have to wash them by hand or throw them in the dishwasher. The measuring spoon and cups fit together taking up less space when storing which is so exciting for me. Amazon has this set for such a good price I plan on buying multiple sets to gift to friends and family. I can't say enough good about them this Stainless Steel Measuring Set is a perfect addition for any kitchen.
on January 31, 2017
I read reviews about measuring differences after I bought these so I decided to test that out to make sure my recipes would come out bad. I still have my plastic measuring cups and spoons so I transferred liquid, solid and powder from the plastics to these and the amount was exactly the same so I don't have to worry about any of my recipes. I gave 4 stars because although I have been using them constantly for the last month, I am waiting at least 3 months to see if the handles separate from the cups like I've read from others. I'll update again at that time but so far they are working out well and I like them better than my plastic ones that leave a greasy residue, no matter how well and hard you wash them.

*update* - These are great. I haven't had any handles break on me and I've used them and washed them quite a bit now. Changed to 5 stars.