Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
55 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson November 4, 2017
A perfectly acceptable, basic set of measuring cups.

There is nothing remarkable about these measuring cups and spoons. They are very simply in style, basically being a plain metal bowl attached to a plain metal handle and having their size etched into them. The metal is thin and will certainly dent under abuse, but isn't so thin that normal use will bend them out of shape. They wash up in the dishwasher just fine and I haven't noticed any rust or excessive wear and tear.

I got these measuring cups and spoons as sort of a backup set for when my primary ones are all dirty. For that purpose, they do well. If you are shopping for your first set of measuring cups, however, I would look elsewhere and splurge for something a bit more clearly labeled and of higher quality.
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
I am not familiar with the customary system so I selected this set since Metric values are included and the price was fair. The stainless steel composition clearly outperforms that of cheap plastic types and you can insert these cups into lower rack of dishwashers without worrying about melting/warping. The pouring lips are ideal for transferring fine powders and liquids in the larger cups and smooth surfaces prevent seasonings from caking when you pour them. However, my only complaint is that the handles are bare metal so your grip can be poor if you handled oily/wet foods.
on January 26, 2017
I like that this is food grade, but the measuring cups and spoons appear to be significantly larger than what they say.

Not a huge deal, as I tend to try to use a scale too as the measuring cup and spoons IN GENERAL (meaning others on the market too) are a very inefficient way of measuring dry goods. As the same physical cup of let's say, flour, can be either packed or loose, giving completely different amounts and consistency to the food or product you are trying to make.
on July 8, 2017
Kind of lousy, but I guess that's what you get for the price. The print for the cups is almost unreadable and it's inside of the cup, so you can't double-check after you've filled it. I will have to buy a different set, so trying to save money by buying this cheapie set is going to cost me more than twice as much in the long run. Also, why do measuring cups and spoons so often come attached to each other? They were hard to separate, and what serious cook wants all of their cups attached when they're measuring?
on July 28, 2014
I am not a cook, and I rarely use these tools, but they are useful to have. I grabbed these because they were a convenient set and showed up along with something else I was buying. The spoons are more or less what I expected - cheap, functional - but the cups feel like the handle will break off at any moment, the edges are sharp as some reviews have mentioned, and there's some sort of nasty residue coating the surface; they may not be dishwasher-safe, which it didn't even occur to me to check, but I must have left a label on one of them because after washing they were coated in a sticky mess that I cut myself trying to clean out. I went at them ~ 5 times with Acetone and still the insides are sticky and nasty. The stickers themselves don't come off cleanly either.

This is the second crap item I bought recently more or less sight-unseen because I just needed something that worked, and I don't think I'll be doing that ever again.

I wound up buying these as replacements:
on April 14, 2017
The measuring cups and spoons look nice and sturdy. I wasn't thrilled to find what looks like a line of rust on the inside bottom edge of the 1/4 cup item. I tried repeatedly washing and scrubbing, but could not get the defect to go away. I'll probably use it for dry ingredients, not for liquids that might have material transfer to my recipes. No other issues were seen.
on June 30, 2017
VERY light duty. I didn't expect much for the price, but these are pretty bad. One of them is already rusting around the inside bottom. They work, I suppose, but aren't easy to read the measurement that's stamped on the item, and also very lightweight. They'd make a great camping set or something, I guess, but for a regular cook/baker, look elsewhere.
on January 29, 2017
These measuring spoons and cups are just OK and not much more. I really don't like to run a product down; but, you should know that the spoons and cups have rather sharp edges and might be a risk particularly for children. The markings for size are not the easiest to read and are locoated on the inside bottom of the cups. Other than that, they seem ok.