Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
55 comments| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I got these because a plastic set of Farberware measuring utensils I had purchased only a few months ago had labels that had already worn off. Besides, you can never have too many copies of measuring cups, etc. if you are in the habit of cooking from scratch quite often.

The bonus here is not only are they made of stainless steel, they're stamped with the measurements.

I know that some of you are going to say, "hey, if you're such a great cook, can't you just tell from a glance what size the cups are?" Yes, I can, but I often have others working in the kitchen with me and further, it's always good to be able to double-check. You don't want to add 1/3 a cup of sugar to a recipe that calls for 1/4.

I also like the little indentations on the rim that assist in pouring.
on November 4, 2017
A perfectly acceptable, basic set of measuring cups.

There is nothing remarkable about these measuring cups and spoons. They are very simply in style, basically being a plain metal bowl attached to a plain metal handle and having their size etched into them. The metal is thin and will certainly dent under abuse, but isn't so thin that normal use will bend them out of shape. They wash up in the dishwasher just fine and I haven't noticed any rust or excessive wear and tear.

I got these measuring cups and spoons as sort of a backup set for when my primary ones are all dirty. For that purpose, they do well. If you are shopping for your first set of measuring cups, however, I would look elsewhere and splurge for something a bit more clearly labeled and of higher quality.
on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
11 comment| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2017
What a great deal on a stainless measuring cup and spoon set! I originally bought this to go in our RV, but love the set so much that I've kept it in the house. I'm going to purchase another set for the RV. These cups are sturdy enough to hard pack brown sugar or dip into solid shortening. I have a warming element on my range and I put butter in one of the measuring cups to melt while I make pancakes. Works like a charm! I've also melted a small amount of chocolate using the warming element (please note that this is a warming element only and does not generate much heat). The spoons are also sturdy and handy. I wash them all in the dishwasher and they come out sparkling clean every time.
on May 6, 2017
There are fine for a low price solution.

The Tea spoon / Table spoon measures are really quite nice.

I docked one star due to the wire 'cup' handles.
1) They are a little awkward to hold. They just feel odd in the hand.
2) The wire isn't welded evenly on the cups which is driving my OCD nuts ;) On all four cups, one side is just about even with the top of the measuring cup, while the other end of the wire is welded just a bit (1/8 - 1/4" estimate) lower.

It's not a deal-breaker and for a budget product, it's fine.
on April 13, 2014
Update: This review is of the Chefland set that was available pre-c. 2007 or so- which had solid stem/handles on the measuring cups that matched the stem/handle style of the spoon set -- the ones shown post c. 2017 are different-- so please note this review is of the earlier set that was purchased ... I still have the original set from several years ago and they work great! But, when I wanted to gift a set to a friend with a cookbook as a housewarming gift-- I noticed that the style of the set was no longer 'uniform', which didn't look quite as nice as most people want all of the pieces in a 'set' to match, and a few of the reviewers also noted a cutting risk with the cups having razor sharp edges-- so that in addition to the change of the look with the cheaper wire handles -- I didn't want it to look like the gift wasn't cohesive or not truly a mated set, so I decided to try the Eastwood 8-Piece set and found that in terms of both, function and look it was equal to/on par with the original style-- the Eastwood 8-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set -and though more expensive here, but can be found cheaper with a Google search -- The Eastwood set is durable, easy to clean, easy to store and doesn’t look cheap in your kitchen. And compared to other replacement sets tried, the Eastman 8-piece measuring st physically comes closest to matching exactly the same in quality of measure and appearance to the original Chefland set (lot c. pre-2007), that was loved so much - ! And with only the exception of the 1/4 tsp spoon measure- in which the
Eastman 1/4tsp held a smidge more (about 1/16th tsp or so more) in volume than the Chefland spoon of the same noted measure-), so the Eastwood matches up about 99%+ in terms of accuracy with the original Chefland set that used have all matching handles like the current Eastwood model/set.- ** I guess at this point-- the only way to truly maintain precise measures when baking and trying out recipes at home is to use a digital kitchen scale for standard measure in recipes and also have a small jewelry/spice scale for very small measures-- but, the ChefLand and Eastwood 8-piece measuring sets really are great and were much more accurate in general (and to one another) than other measuring sets I have tried in the past. they look and work nearly the same as the ChefLand original-- and were available for less than $10 on Ebay..
*******
Our review of the Chefland 8-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
What can I say, I love them, I love them, I love them!

In terms of appearance I prefer the look of sleek stainless steel over the cheaper plasticy ones, and I also needed something I could use for measuring out essential oils in my formularies that wouldn’t erode the material (so I do have both kinds), and the original (c. 2007) set by ChefLand's OneSource really made the grade!

It’s durable, easy to clean, easy to store and doesn’t look cheap in your kitchen.

Overall, they make a really great investment for your kitchen accessories in the long term. Awesome!

Our grade: B+ ; or 4-Stars!
on January 26, 2017
I like that this is food grade, but the measuring cups and spoons appear to be significantly larger than what they say.

Not a huge deal, as I tend to try to use a scale too as the measuring cup and spoons IN GENERAL (meaning others on the market too) are a very inefficient way of measuring dry goods. As the same physical cup of let's say, flour, can be either packed or loose, giving completely different amounts and consistency to the food or product you are trying to make.
on July 8, 2017
Kind of lousy, but I guess that's what you get for the price. The print for the cups is almost unreadable and it's inside of the cup, so you can't double-check after you've filled it. I will have to buy a different set, so trying to save money by buying this cheapie set is going to cost me more than twice as much in the long run. Also, why do measuring cups and spoons so often come attached to each other? They were hard to separate, and what serious cook wants all of their cups attached when they're measuring?
on July 28, 2014
I am not a cook, and I rarely use these tools, but they are useful to have. I grabbed these because they were a convenient set and showed up along with something else I was buying. The spoons are more or less what I expected - cheap, functional - but the cups feel like the handle will break off at any moment, the edges are sharp as some reviews have mentioned, and there's some sort of nasty residue coating the surface; they may not be dishwasher-safe, which it didn't even occur to me to check, but I must have left a label on one of them because after washing they were coated in a sticky mess that I cut myself trying to clean out. I went at them ~ 5 times with Acetone and still the insides are sticky and nasty. The stickers themselves don't come off cleanly either.

This is the second crap item I bought recently more or less sight-unseen because I just needed something that worked, and I don't think I'll be doing that ever again.

I wound up buying these as replacements: