Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on February 11, 2012
For persons looking for a small, quality shelf stereo unit, the Onkyo CS-345 should be on your short list of candidates. Sound quality is great for such a small system, and the "Super Bass" feature really brings out bass tones very well. Fit and finish of both the receiver and the speakers are very good, and system set-up is quite simple and uncomplicated. It is necessary to purchase an inexpensive "Y" line-in adapter if you plan to play music from an mp3 player other than an iPod or iPhone Length of the supplied speaker wires (4 ft.) may be a bit short for some locations, but this is a minor issue and easily remedied. I found this system to be perfect for installation in the rather limited space I had available in my living room entertainment cabinet. Order fulfillment by Amazon was prompt and efficient, as always.
on June 4, 2012
Not a bad little mini system. The receiver section looks neat and has a sliding cover for the iPod dock. My iPhone 4S fits the dock with no problem. The speakers are nice and small and have a solid feel to them. The sound is good, if a little bright. Not a whole lot of bass out of the box, but the "S.Bass" and the Bass and Treble settings you can get some bass out of the little speakers. All of the controls are on the top of the receiver except for the CD eject button.

I have no real complaints about the system. It's great for the price. The only little annoyances are the slight delay when changing sources and I would prefer a volume knob to the volume buttons it has. But neither of these are a deal breaker.

It's a nice little system.

One thing I didn't see listed in the specs is that it DOES have a line input so you can plug a computer or TV into it.
on April 29, 2012
Not much to say here since the product works as advertised. I like the look. It is all black and blends into the background. I use it mainly to play songs from my ipod/iphone. The sound is very good. Crisp and clear. Great for any room in the house. Build is solid and has a fit and finish that should last a lifetime.

My only issue is that I would have liked if it were a bit shallower. It does not fit well on small shelves. I was aware of the dimensions when I purchased this, but the connectors all go in the back (power, sound) and especially the power cord, requires at least an additional inch of space in the back. In my case this places the front feet, off the shelf. I can live with this, but it may be something you want to consider.
on December 25, 2012
We were looking for a small system to replace our full sized Onkyo/Polk audio system as we downsized into an apartment. This is a great choice for this application. Crisp, full sound in a small package. iPod interface is flawless. FM tuner very good. Only problem I had was overriding auto fm preset with station it missed. Finally got; most likely operator error. Haven't used the CD player yet as CDs are in storage. But thus far we have been extremely happy with our micro system in our apartment.

This is an addendum after using the system for three weeks. Still a great little system; FM tuner very good (although not sure how it selects presets). Works seamlessly with my old Ipod Touch 2. However, after cycling the CD drawer a few times (like 4 or 5), the drawer became inoperative. It showed that it was opening or closing, but mechanically it was doing nothing. I pulled the power and then tried again and it worked...for 3 cycles, then inop again. It is on its way back to Amazon and they are shipping a new one. So if you buy one, make sure you give the CD drawer a good workout.
on April 21, 2012
This is a wonderfully dynamic little package of a stereo that has a great sound, and packs a great bit of power and umph. It's also quite attractive, and
it's not awkward, like the typically larger stereos and speakers. It took me some time to assemble this great little stereo and to learn the ropes, but I did,
and have no regrets whatsoever. Moreover, I don't have to blast it to listen to music, either. Thank you for shipping my little stereo to me so quickly.
That, too, is much appreciated.

Thanks again for your time and attention on this matter.
on January 9, 2013
Was wanting a book shelf HI-FI system that would work for my AZ family room which is 14' by 20' The
CS345-CD picks up a station in Prescott AZ real well the tuner sounds very Musical, a good CD player
an does not take up a lot of space. Am retired an have had a lot of stereo equipment over the year.
the sound is musical and balanced. I did not follow the installation directions to a tee at first, did not put the little
cork tabs under the speakers, when I found them on the floor after installation then installed them,
made a positive musical difference that I could hear. Very pleased with the Onkyo CS-345CD Unit.
on April 8, 2012
Very pleased with this product. The sound is great and works very well in limited space. Very happy with this purchase.
on January 13, 2013
After extensive on-line research, I purchased this system from Amazon.

It promptly arrived, and worked well right out of the box.

It replaced an older non-Onkyo system which recently stopped working.

Included with this system is only about four feet of speaker wire… not enough for my needs. Thus, I did not use the wire that was in the box.

Rather, I used flat, interior-grade, telephone wire… cut to an appropriate length to meet my needs… connected between the Onkyo base unit and the external speakers. Using this wire, the speakers work just fine.

All in all, I am pleased with the performance of the Onkyo CS-345.
on May 28, 2012
So far OK. But the real test is to see how long it lasts. I think Onyko should offer better speakers. Fortunately, I have some old Mission speakers that look better and sound better than the Onykos. It would also be nice if Onyko had more inputs in the back for additional components, like a record player or another pair of speakers, instead of only allowing one to connect a subwoofer. As yet, I haven't used the ipod feature. Of course, one thing Onyko does have going for it is that it's one of the few systems at a fair price that work with a small room like mine.
on March 11, 2014
I was a bit leary after reading the other reviews, but I now have had the product in my bedroom for over a year. I have my flat screen running through it and hooked up a couple of extra speakers.
Great sound. Easy to set-up and use.
Would be 5* if it could kick a bit more ass.
OVERALL- VERY HAPPY WITH THIS! (and I am an audiophile). If it sucked, I would tell you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.