Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Onkyo TX-NR906 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (..." and save 83% off the $2,299.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Onkyo TX-NR906 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 145 W/Ch Minimum into 8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC
- Network Capability for Streaming Audio Files and Internet Radio
- Massive Toroidal Transformer and Two Separate Transformers for Audio and Video Processing
- Microsoft PlaysForSure Certified and Certified for Windows Vista
- USB Port for a Mass USB Storage Device (Audio Only)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Onkyo TX-NR906 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||superior sales|
|Connectivity Technology||usb, hdmi||hdmi||bluetooth, wi-fi_ready||USB|
|Item Dimensions||17.13 x 18.06 x 7.63 in||17.12 x 14.88 x 6.75 in||16.5 x 22.5 x 10.33 in||17.12 x 12.38 x 6.38 in|
|Item Weight||54 lbs||22.1 lbs||18.5 lbs||18.1 lbs|
|Output Wattage||145||145 watts||80 watts||115 watts|
|Additional Features||—||—||0||3D Compatiblity|
|Warranty Description||2 years parts and labor||2-years||—||2 years warranty on parts and labor|
pMulti-dimensional, superbly crafted, and loaded with impressive specs, the TX-NR906 A/V home network receiver is a true champion for the age. With seemingly endless abilities - including HQV Reon-VX video processing, dual high-def HDMI outputs, Audyssey room correction technologies, and multi-room audio and video distribution - the TX-NR906 leaves no base uncovered. Built around an isolated power block and pre-processing unit, this network receiver reveals the full potential of virtually any media. This includes any internet- or computer-based sources accessed via its network apparatus (which incorporates a new vTuner interface and Certified for Windows Vista status). Its also equipped with CD-quality HD Radio, Satellite and Internet Radio, and XM HD Surround sound capability. The TX-NR906 is the first receiver of its kind to include ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) video calibration, further enhancing its ground breaking pedigree./p
From the Manufacturer
Onkyo's TX-NR906B A/V Home Network Receiver: A Natural Leader of the Pack, by Any Standard You ChooseMulti-dimensional, superbly crafted, and loaded with impressive specs, the TX-NR906 A/V home network receiver is a true champion for the age. With seemingly endless abilities--including HQV Reon-VX video processing, dual high-def HDMI outputs, Audyssey room correction technologies, and multi-room audio and video distribution--the TX-NR906 leaves no base uncovered. Built around an isolated power block and pre-processing unit, this network receiver reveals the full potential of virtually any media.This includes any internet- or computer-based sources accessed via its network apparatus (which incorporates a new vTuner interface and certified for Windows Vista® status). It's also equipped with CD-quality HD Radio, Satellite and Internet Radio, and XM HD Surround sound capability. The TX-NR906 is the first receiver of its kind to include ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) video calibration, further enhancing its groundbreaking pedigree.
Superior Audio Sound
With an overall frequency response of 5 Hz to 100 kHz and Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit audio DACs (PCM1796) for all channels, you will be able to feel the sound as well as hear it. The TX-NR906 comes with three TI 32-Bit DSP chips for advanced processing, bi-amping and BTL capability for enhanced music and movie sound effects. It also comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT to correct room acoustic problems and to calibrate speakers. Audyssey Dynamic EQ is included for loudness correction. Audyssey Dynamic Volume makes for optimal listening level and dynamic range VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for all channels.
The TX-NR906 comes with powered zone 2 (audio and video), zone 2 and zone 3 pre-outs, independent control for volume, balance (zone 2 and zone 3) and bass/treble (zone 2 only). There is no loss of control or quality in the second and third zone.
- # of channels: 7
- Power (8ohms 20-20kHz 0.05%)/Ch: 145 watts
- THX certified: Ultra2 Plus
- Amplifier frequency response: 5Hz-100kHz
- BTL capability for front: 230W
- DOLBY Decoder: DD Plus, TrueHD
- DTS Decoder: DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD® High Resolution Audio
- VLSC: All channels
- Multi-Band Speaker EQ: 7 Band
- Audio I/O: 9/2
- Phono Input: Yes
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX): 3/3
- Digital Audio OUT (OPT/COAX): 1/0
- Composite I/O: 6/1
- S-Video I/O: 6/1
- Front-Panel A/V: L/R/V/S/USB
- Front-Panel Optical: Yes
- Component Video / Bandwidth: 3/2/100MHz
- HDMI I/O: 4/2
- HDMI Version: V1.3 Repeater
- iPod Ready: DS-A2x
- Built-in HD Radio Tuner: Yes
- XM Radio Ready: Yes
- SIRIUS Radio Ready: Yes
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic: Audyssey MultEQ XT
Choosing an Onkyo A/V Receiver for Your HomeOnkyo offers a number of quality A/V receiver systems that are just right for your home. Which A/V receiver system you choose depends on how much you are willing to spend and which features you prioritize in a home theater environment. Here is a quick breakdown of these A/V receiver systems.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Top customer reviews
Bought it to replace the great and classic Onkyo TX-DS989 after 8 years of good services. After these 8 years I became a semi audiophile appreciating hi def audio sources such as DVD Audio,SACD and audiophile CDs. I wanted another DS989 with all the new modern features brought by HDMI such as 1080p, DTS-HD, Master audio etc. I also wanted something that could make my hi def audio sources sound better. The new Onkyo TX-NR906 looked like the perfect promise : the best in video processing with promising pure audio and bi-amp/biwire fetures for stereo or hi def audio lovers. So I decided to give it a shot. I am writing this review after a couple of weeks of acquiring the product. Since it is so packed with features I might certainly add comments in the near future.
A) Pros and positive surprises:
1. Video processing seems really great, full control of all video sources. Isf seems a nice surprise. You can relly on your receiver to adjust any video properties possible.
2. Audissey processing works pretty well for MOVIES only. Don't reccomend it for Stereo. DynamicEQ allows you to listen to movie sound effects even at low volumes. Great feature for my case who is always alone, locked in my home theater late at night trying not to bother wife and kids
3. Sound effects for movies are great. Great sound pressure makes movies come to live. Same movies have a different experience driven by the good dynamics and good chanel separation and effects from 7.1.
4. Internet radio was a nice surprise. Works well. Reasonable good sound quality from some of the internet stations. Allows us to appreciate the most crazy transmitions from all over the world
5. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF USE AND TWEAKS, THE BRIDGING(BTL)FEATURE THAT DOUBLES THE POWER FOR THE FRONT SPEAKERS HAS IMPROVED BASS RESPONSE SIGNIFICANTLY. PRETTY GOOD FOR STEREO.
B) Cons and negative surprises
1. Pure audio stereo or with multi channel hi-res sources don't sound better than the old TX-DS989. Dynamic, composure and sound stage sounded better on the old model. Maybe it is a matter of fine tune. Let's see. Did not try bi-amp features yet.(CHANGED MY OPINION AFTER 3 MONTHS OF USE AND TUNNING. FOUND OUT THAT DYNAMICEQ MODE FROM AUDISSEY SEEMS TO BE NICE FOR MOVIES ONLY. SEEMS TO SCREWS UP STEREO OR HI-DEF AUDIO EXPERIENCES. SOUND WILL SOUND FLAT LOSING SOUND STAGE, DYNAMICS, TEXTURE....IF YOU ARE LIKE ME AND WANT ALSO TO USE IT AS A HI-FI STEREO AMP, SETUP THE EQUALIZER MANUALLY WHEN LISTENING TO SERIOUS STEREO SOURCES)
2. Sync time of hdmi takes a little too long. Nothing too serious
3. CONTRARY TO WHAT SAYS THE MANUAL IT CAN DRIVE 5.1 CHANNELS EVEN IF YOU BRIDGE THE FRONT SPEAKERS DOUBLING THE POWER SENT TO THE MAIN SPEAKERS. THE MANUAL STATES THAT IT COULD ONLY DRIVE 2.1 SPEAKERS AT THE MAIN ROON WHEN BRIDGING. WRONG. IT DOES BETTER THAN THAT ! MANUAL IS NOT GREAT OVERALL
Overall a very good product, very solid build and loaded with features. Great for very complete home theater AND STEREO EXPERIENCES. MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. RECCOMEND NOT TO USE DYNAMICEQ IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO STEREO MUSIC. WOULD GIVE 5 STARS NOW.
Most recent customer reviews
I visited onkyousa.com to find a firmware update but none is available.Read more