Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Onkyo TX-RZ610 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver" and save 58% off the $899.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Onkyo TX-RZ610 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 100 W/Ch. (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels Driven, FTC) and 170 W/Ch. (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC) from custom rz grade parts
- 8 HDMI in (1 front/7 rear) W/ 2 HDMI out (main & Sub) 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4: 4: 4 W/ HDCP 2.2, HDR and BT.2020 for Ultra HD and full HD video content
- Chromecast built-in, airplay, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, tune in radio, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer for app-based Audio streaming (requires firmware update)
- AccuEQ room calibration equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound W/ accureflex which aligns the phase of up-firing height speakers
- Rz Series products are backed by a three-year parts and labor warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Pre/Line Out for Zone 2 and Powered Zone opens up distributed audio options and is backed by a dedicated Zone 2 DAC.
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz video, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, and High Dynamic Range (HDR), with BT.2020 support, for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting. A 4k and HDCP 2.2/HDR-compatible Main and Sub HDMI outputs allows you to send AV sources connected to the receiver to two screens.
Your Speakers Will Thank You
Speakers are built to be driven hard, and most amps out there can't do it. The RZ610 delivers a high instantaneous current to grip and control speakers, moving them through their entire range. It's a significant boost to the dynamism, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a thrilling listening experience.
Dynamic Audio. It's Serious.
Upgraded components, such as the massive transformer and custom capacitors, provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz.
Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting for an accurate audio image, cutting distortion even at floor-shaking volumes. It's a serious build for those serious about sound.
Noiseless Audio Processing
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry is a mouthful, so we call it VLSC. This circuitry virtually removes digital pulse noise for a smooth analog signal. RZ610 focuses VLSC on the front left and right channels.
Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result is a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal based on the digital source. It brings out even the most subtle of nuances in audio sources.
Listen! Up In the Sky!
Make object-based Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound reality in your living room. Sound flows naturally above and around in three dimensions, with discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originating from overhead. In fact, every element in an 'object-based' soundtrack is mixed separately, so it's free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
Fireconnect Multi-Room Audio
A firmware update enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect powered by Blackfire, to an optional speaker placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it's the smart way to set audio free.
Via firmware update currently scheduled for late 2016.
Dial In Audio With AccuEQ
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Priority Support and 3 Year Warranty
Onkyo RZ Series specialists are specifically trained to troubleshoot any issues you encounter on an install via a dedicated support line. Onkyo RZ Series products are backed by a three-year warranty should a product ever require service or replacement.
Compare to similar items
|Price||$499.00||$399.99||$775.00||See price in cart||$299.00||$449.95|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$39.95||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Huppins||GenCoDeals||Eternal Photo||GenCoDeals||AVLGear||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||wi-fi_built_in, bluetooth, hdmi, wi-fi_ready||hdmi||hdmi, wi-fi_ready||bluetooth, hdmi||hdmi|
|Item Dimensions||15.75 x 17.25 x 8 in||18 x 22.5 x 11 in||17.1 x 14.8 x 6.9 in||17.12 x 14.87 x 6.8 in||17 x 13 x 6 in||17.12 x 14.88 x 6.75 in|
|Item Weight||22 lbs||22 lbs||23 lbs||23 lbs||17 lbs||22.1 lbs|
|Output Wattage||170 watts||175 watts||225 watts||220 watts||110 watts||145 watts|
|Number of Audio Channels||7.1||7.2 channel||7.2||7.2||5.1 channel||7.2|
The gateway to Our premium rz Series, the TX-RZ610 Features custom installation Features and audiophile parts to deliver an emotionally moving sound experience. Dynamic audio amplification employs a massive transformer, huge capacitors, and high-current non-phase-shift Amps to precisely control big floor standing speakers for clarity and power down to 5 Hz. Signal fidelity is protected with VLSC and a premium 384 kHz/32-bit DAC from AKM. Robust hardware forms the basis for some brilliant Features, including wireless multi-zone digital/analog audio via fire connect, Dolby Atmos and DTS: x decoding with original AccuReflex phase-alignment technology, and chrome cast built-in, Wi-Fi, and airplay for your Spotify or Tidal apps.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Why am I comparing these 2?
1. I have both
2. Same price range(at the time I got them)
3. I have 2 theater rooms both running the same speakers(Klipsch Pro 6800)
4. Both rooms are about the same size(500-600 sqft), just on different floors
5. I paid the same price for both of them, $400.
1. I have one room running a Klipsch R115SW and another running an SVS PB-1000. The SVS is not as powerful but I tuned both to have roughly the same output.
2. The Yamaha is in a room with hardwood flooring. However, there are plenty of furniture, a big high pile rug and plenty of decor.
3. The Onkyo is in a carpeted room but the room is still quite bare except for some basic furniture(ping pong table, sofa, coffee table, desk, etc..)
4. Some people would think my setup is too weak. I'm not an audiophile or loud music/movie enthusiast. I wanted a nice sound system for TV, movies, and gaming that's hidden from view and doesn't take up much space. I need it to be simple and easy to use even for kids.
1. The Onkyo sounds a bit better, clearer and fuller. Could be subjective but that's what my ears tells me. I'm not an audiophile but I can definitely tell. The Onkyo handles the louder volume better and has better progression.
2. The Onkyo is more powerful. At 8 ohms, the Onkyo 100w while the Yahama is 90w. The difference is noticeable though I doubt anymore will explore that sound level 99% of the time.
3. Yahama has more and better control of sound settings. I guess technically you can tune the Yamaha to give you a better scene and more choices in reverb, delays, etc...Although I love the options, I have too many things to do like most people and prefer the machine figure it out by itself. The Onkyo does a better job by itself but he Yamaha offer better controls overall.
4. Both can automatically calibrate your speakers with the included microphone and they do work.
1. Onkyo wins hands down. GUI is simple, laid out fairly logical, and comes with explanations for settings.
2. Yahama interface varies so much between the app and the direct interface via your TV. It's a mess and barely has any explanations. Really need to play around to find everything.
3. Yahama seems to have more controls but that could be a good or bad thing.
4. Yahama respond slower to every command and much slower startups.
5. Yahama has really neat app that is surprisingly easy to use controls for inputs and customizing those inputs like lag time and room size. That's about the only thing I like from the Yamaha interface and it is part of the app you download onto your phone or tablet.
There are other features I have not tested like zone control, party mode, wireless speakers, etc... The Onkyo had a problem with the wifi. It worked for a few hours and then I could not find it for Airplay. Had to reset the whole receiver and it fixed it. It hasn't happened again. Since then, wifi worked fine but just like any device that will have a cheap wifi chip in there, just use a hard wire. I had wifi connection problems with my Sony TVs and Yamaha receivers as well. I'm guessing it's just cheap parts so use an ethernet cable if possible.
For me, I would pick the Onkyo over the Yamaha simply because it's easier to use, much quicker response, and does a pretty good job by itself.
Most recent customer reviews
So, I purchased this at a time when I suddenly had to move for work, so I did not get to set it up right away (and am outside...Read more