It's Only Love (Breaking the Rules Book 3) Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-6 of 23 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Sparks fly as tempters rise when these two come face to face. One gets an attitude when the other refuses to work together as a team. Things start getting hot as these two butt heads. With Cora trust issues she never lets anyone get to close but Trent has a way about him that gets by her walls breaking them down. Both of them have different things planned for their lives sometimes things do not work out as we plan. These two will have to make up their minds of what they truly want and if there is room for the other in their lives.
The author gives you lots of great characters that will play a big part in this story. There will be characters you will like, some you won’t and other you will come to like. I thought this was a delightful addition to this series. The plot is very good based on family, their past, and their future, filled with love. It won’t be long before you fall in love with each member of the rule family. The author gives you characters that pull at your heart as she gives you a few smiles at the messes they make trying to get by the crazy world we live in. I hope you pick up this series it seems to get better and better with each new book.
What I liked about Cora Rules:
* The likeable characters. However, it did take me a while to warm up to Cora until the story reveals why she behaves the way she does. After which I had been able to empathise with her and obviously like her. Cora is broken emotionally due to her fathers behaviours and hides behind a bitchy facade until Trent breaks down her walls. Trent is an NBA coach and is a caring man even though he has a reputation of being less than that.
* There is an instant attraction between Cora and Trent, but the relationship that follows progresses at a reasonable pace.
* There is an interesting mix of people amongst the secondary characters. They are loving, caring family, supportive team mates, bitches and the emotionally broken.
* Steamy love scenes between Trent and Cora which are tastefully written.
* Cora Rules is nicely written, and the story moves at a good pace.
* The author seems to have a good knowledge of basketball, and it was believable.
* There was never a dull moment of this story and I felt that it kept on track really well.
My criticisms would be:
* The book lacked emotion a little at first but it did improve as the story progressed.
* The story didn't wrap up as expected an there were a couple of holes left. Perhaps these are covered in future books as these issues relate to Cora and her siblings.
Overall, an enjoyable read from Mel Curtis with a good range of characters to keep you entertained.
Cora has always stayed away from serious relationships and has had low morals on who she has slept with, including the L.A. Flash owner Jack Gordon. Now Jack has hired her to work with his wife, Vivian, in an attempt to get her to say yes to a divorce.
Then Cora meets the new LA Flash coach Trent "Reverend" Parker who has his own ghosts in his past and does not believe in Cora's families philosophies. Has Cora met her match with Trent or will their pasts prevent them from having any future together.
I really like Cora yet have also found her very spoiled in the past. In this book you really begin to understand why she has acted the way she has and feel sympathy for her! I'm so glad that we are able to get to know her better and I can't wait for the next one!!