Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Only one way to get rid of Cellulite

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2010, 7:31:28 PM PDT
Lift weights. Period.

You can scrub, massage, slather, run, or dance your tush off, but really, the only thing that has ever given me clear, measurable results was when I took my lazy self to the gym and did my LEG LIFTS.

Combine this with a dieting program if you have extra cushion over the muscle (who doesn't) and you will see smooth, toned skin. I promise.

Don't kill me, but I am actually the skinny body type. For some reason though, I started getting orangey ripples when I was 16! It only increased through my twenties. At 32 they suddenly disappeared after doing leg lifts for a few weeks, and haven't come back even though I don't exercise. This is one of God's wonderful gifts called muscle memory. Your body remembers the exercise you do and tends to keep that shape for a long time.

For prevention the things that have seemed to be useful for me are:
Dry brushing
Bike riding - also works to get rid of it somewhat.
Drinking no cola.

About soft drinks: this is only a rumor I've read on the Internet but I have never regularly drank them and my cellulite is almost non-existent at 38. My Mom at 30, weighed 115, and ate like a health nut, but had horrible cellulite. Her one vise: Diet Pepsi. So it's worth a try.

Also, PLEASE be careful when doing weight lifting exercises for the legs. Most WILL SCREW UP YOUR KNEES if not done exactly right. I would generally suggest staying away from squats, and getting a trainer to show you proper leg lifts.

Hope this helps someone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion is about