Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Only a retard would buy this.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2011, 2:44:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2011, 2:44:38 PM PST
A Gamer Guy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 3, 2011, 8:50:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2011, 8:51:49 PM PST
JJ350 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 4, 2011, 4:50:23 AM PST
Cres says:
Pokemon fanboys will buy this DSi

Posted on Mar 4, 2011, 5:02:20 PM PST
M says:
i agree pokemon fanboys will buy this also hand held collectors will buy this and lets get down to it i WILL NOT PAY 250.00 for a 3ds and hand it over to my small children and from what i understand the 3ds is NOT for children under 7 so this bundle is perfect for the children under 7 and the price is great with the game, the game it self costs 34.99 so i don't agree with it being out dated hardware the 3ds IS NOT for everyone

Posted on Mar 4, 2011, 5:08:14 PM PST
William says:
who would get this? maybe someone who doesn't want a 3DS? Didn't think about that? maybe some people don't want to pay $250 for a system with a crappy launch day game lineup or maybe it's a gift for a little kid who's a big pokemon fan. Also the DSi isn't going to be outdated, it's going to be sold "concurrently" with the 3DS.

Posted on Mar 4, 2011, 5:48:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2011, 5:49:48 PM PST
Xander says:
Exactly, not everyone is nintendo fanboys who buy all the crap they release. Some people hate nintendo and JUST like Pokemon like me. I personally wont be buying 3DS crap until Pokemon 3DS comes out, i dont care at all about 3DS and the crappy games in the line up. Though i do agree DSi XL would have been better in this bundle, but regardless, i needed another DS to replace my aging DS Lite and to transfer Gen IV to Gen V so this is perfect.

Why pay 250$ for 3DS when one doesnt care at all about it? Besides by the time Pokemon 3DS comes out, 3DS will be cheaper too no doubt.

Posted on Mar 5, 2011, 12:53:19 AM PST
JJ350 says:
LMAO @ anyone that is ignorant to call a new game system "crappy" due to the launch title lineup. You are aware of the fact that new Nintendo handheld's are extremely quick to take over their market, right? The DSi is going to be supported alongside the 3DS in the exact same way that the Game Boy Advance was supported alongside the Nintendo DS. Heck back when the Game Boy Advance launched, the Game Boy Color was still being sold "concurrently" with the GBA. The same can be said for Sony, and their support for the PS1 back when the PS2 came out, and their support for the PS2 when the PS3 came out. Are you seeing a pattern here?

As new technology comes in, manufacturers try to sell off old stock by re-releasing it as a "special edition" game system. Sure, there's consumers that are ignorant enough to purchase it over new technology, but that never stops new tech from taking over the market within it's first year of release. So basically, if you pay less than $100 less for a new game system that technically isn't new, you are metaphorically shooting yourself in the foot.

Sure, you are technically paying less for a handheld game system when you purchase a DSi over a 3DS, however, that is like purchasing a 4:3 color TV back when 16:9 HDTV's hit the market. Sure, the 4:3 standard TV was a better deal for a little while. However, as time went on, the 4:3 has quickly become outdated, and too old to handle the demands of modern and currently active technology. The same applies for game consoles and handhelds alike. New game systems always steal ALL of the developer support before you know it, which leads to everyone wanting the new game system before you know it.

So basically, in a nut shell, purchasing a DSi today is incredibly stupid due to the fact that you will STILL wind up purchase a 3DS tomorrow. If you honestly think that your kids won't be bugging you to get them a new 3DS once all the new Nintendo games for 3DS start hitting the market, not only are you fooling nobody but yourself, you are ignoring human nature as well.

Posted on Mar 5, 2011, 1:00:46 AM PST
T. J. Fuller says:
I would want to buy this because it looks better than the 3DS. And I mean that purely by aesthetics. The 3DS, as it will be released, looks as awkward to me as the first DS models did. Then DS Lite came around and they looked sleek. The only things really shying me away from the stylish DSi are...
...that I want a DSi XL, so I can easily show off my games (mostly RPGs) to my family,
...that I want to hold out for the inevitably (though currently denied) "third version" of these two games (which, as would figure, might be a 3DS game anyway),
...that I still haven't finished Platinum Version, though I have beaten HeartGold for the most part,
...that I already have a DS Lite that's served my needs well enough.

On the other hand...
...I don't want to miss out on the Victini promotion, though I'd imagine they'd give us another chance at grabbing that sucker,
...if there won't be a "Gray Version", then I'd like to get in on this next step of the craze (including the previous point),
...I could take advantage of the DSiWare service, and get in on things like WarioWare: Snapped! and Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

In the end, I'll prolly hold out, but still...damn you, Victini! *shakes fist upward*

Posted on Mar 5, 2011, 7:58:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2011, 7:59:20 PM PST
Xander says:
It is crappy, if the only product of nintendo you care about is Pokemon products. Everything else nintendo makes is crap. Mario and Zelda are over hashed and boring. By the time Pokemon 3DS comes out there will probaly be a 3DS Lite and it will be under 200$ so its pointless to upgrade now.

Posted on Mar 5, 2011, 10:16:31 PM PST
Grimes says:
There is going to be many great 3DS games coming out and there are a couple good launch titles as well. It makes sense to buy a 3DS instead of this hand held because you can still play DS games on it. Might as well be prepared for the upcoming great 3DS titles despite a lackluster launch line-up. Just be patient and it will payoff.

Posted on Mar 5, 2011, 11:27:54 PM PST
JJ350 says:

Posted on Apr 2, 2011, 2:16:30 PM PDT
Jesse says:
Some people aren't spoiled bratty little teenagers who get their parents to drop hundreds on the newest video games as soon as they come out. If this will be someone's first DS, this is a good deal for a system, a new popular title and a case. Those same people will probably enjoy getting a 3DS and 3DS games down the road at a better price or in a good bundle like this one.

Posted on May 11, 2012, 8:38:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012, 8:39:03 AM PDT
Yesitsme says:
It amazes me how people consider buying something that isnt the latest and greatest technology as ignorance. Do you not realize there is a price difference or is it just that you have always been so spoiled that you think that no one should ever consider price? Its one thing to be well enough off to not consider the price yourself but another all together to not understand other people taking that into account. Granted, I have no interest in buying this myself. Just dont think that people taking a deal on a product that is barely outdated as stupid.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2011
Latest post:  May 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about