Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service" and save 43% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Office Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Crystal - clear nationwide calling for free and low international rates. Pay only monthly applicable taxes and fees.
- # 1 rated home phone service for overall satisfaction and value by a leading consumer research publication.
- Ooma Telo works with Ooma Home Security sensors to monitor your home and contact you when activity is detected.
- PureVoice HD delivers superior voice quality for a consistently great calling experience.
- Includes nationwide calling, voicemail, caller-ID, call - waiting, 911 calling and text alerts.
- Download the Ooma Mobile HD app and take your Ooma service on-the -go.
- Easy install in minutes; works with your high - speed Internet and any home phone.
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $18.98.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart Home Phone Service
Get crystal-clear nationwide calling for free. You pay only applicable taxes and fees. Connect the Ooma Telo to your high-speed Internet and activate online. Optional advanced features are available with Ooma Premier service including the ability to block telemarketers and other unwanted callers as well as home security.
Features included with the basic calling service:
- PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability
- Integration with Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa
- Caller-ID, call-waiting, call return, 911 and 911 text alerts
- Online portal with call log, preferences and contacts
- One-touch voicemail audio playback
- Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
- Home security for one sensor
- Live customer support
- Choose any available area code
- Ooma Mobile HD app for free outbound calling
- Everyday low rates on international calling
- Unlimited calling to over 60 countries with the Ooma World Plan
- Free Ooma-to-Ooma calling worldwide
Connect your phone and connect your home.
Ooma + Amazon Echo: Voice activated dialing
With Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa, you can initiate phone calls by number or by contact name and check voicemail, all through Ooma’s cloud platform. The Ooma Skill can be enabled from the Amazon Alexa app and activated for a free trial for Amazon Echo users.
Ooma + Nest: Safety, convenience and peace of mind for your family
Automatically forward home phone calls when you leave the house. Receive a call from home when your smoke alarm detects smoke or CO and have the option to contact your local emergency services. Receive a call from home when things don’t go as planned. Premier service required.
Ooma Home Security with Remote 911
Get affordable, do-it-yourself home security with the ability to call 911 remotely from your home phone number even when you are not at home. Check the status of your home 24/7 and receive app notifications and phone call, text or email alerts when there is unexpected activity. Easy wireless installation of sensors anywhere in your home. No hidden fees or contracts.
Ooma Mobile App
Download the Ooma Mobile App and take your Ooma service on-the-go.
Make free U.S. calls on your smartphone using your Ooma phone number from anywhere in the world using Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. Features include the ability to upload contacts to the Ooma address book, listen to Ooma voicemail, and change Ooma preferences directly from the app.
Compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices.
Upgrade to the finest in home phone service with Ooma Premier.
You get all the features included in Basic Service plus these amazing features.
Advanced call blocking, free Ooma Mobile App inbound and outbound calling, Home Security, Second Number, Connected Home integrations, Instant Second Line, Backup number, Advanced voicemail features like voicemail monitoring, private voicemail, send to voicemail, three-way conferencing, Caller name ID, Anonymous call blocking, Call forwarding, Free mobile minutes, Multi-ring, Do not disturb, Google Voice extensions.
Ooma World Plan
Unlimited International calling to over 60 countries.
Keep in touch with friends and family virtually anywhere in the world for next to nothing.
Save money with the unlimited Ooma World Plan. Or, pay as you go with low everyday rates. Use the Ooma Mobile HD app for iOS or Android to call from anywhere. Requires Ooma device and active account.
- High-speed Internet connection
- Minimum 180 Kbps upstream network speed
- Corded or cordless home phone, or optional Ooma HD2 Handset
- Intended for residential use only
What is PureVoice HD?
With PureVoice HD technology Ooma delivers crisp, clear voice quality and fewer dropped calls even when the Internet is busy.
- Packet loss causes phone calls to sound stuttered or garbled. Ooma’s Adaptive Redundancy detects packet loss and automatically sends redundant packets for better sounding phone calls and fewer dropped calls.
- Ooma HD Voice technology doubles the fidelity of your phone calls. When you and the other caller use an Ooma handset or mobile app your voice sounds more natural.
- Ooma uses an advanced voice compression algorithm that reduces bandwidth consumption by 60 percent over standard VoIP technology.
- Ooma prioritizes voice packets without slowing down the rest of your network so you can enjoy crystal-clear calls even while viewing online video.
- Ooma takes your privacy seriously. We use the same encryption technology governments use to protect classified data (which makes Ooma even safer than your old landline).
The smartest home phone is the one that gives you exactly what you want with the greatest savings. That's Ooma Telo. Connect Ooma Telo to your high-speed Internet and regular home phone and get crystal-clear nationwide calling for free. You pay only monthly applicable taxes and fees. Includes superior voice quality and reliability with Ooma PureVoiceTM HD technology, voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting and 911. Keep your current number for a one-time fee or choose a new number in any available area code for free. Optional advanced features are available with Ooma Premier service including unparalleled Blacklisting features to block telemarketers and other unwanted callers, free calling to Canada, an Instant Second Line, voicemail-to-email forwarding (audio file) and more. Ooma Telo also integrates with Amazon Echo, Nest devices, and numerous other smart products to give you convenience and peace of mind never before possible in a home phone.
Compare with similar items
Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System (Certified Refurbished)
Ooma Office (FFP) Office Business Phone System and Service
Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter
Grandstream DP720 Dect Cordless VoIP Telephone
Obihai OBi1022 IP Phone with Power Supply - Up to 10 Lines - Support for Google Voice and SIP-Based Services
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Firemall LLC||Amazon.com||Loop Savings||IP Phone Market||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||8.9 x 3 x 8.3 in||8.9 x 8.3 x 3 in||7.16 x 1.03 x 5.2 in||4.5 x 1.2 x 4.2 in||7 x 5 x 2 in||8 x 6.5 x 8 in|
|Item Weight||1.2 lbs||1.4 lbs||—||0.56 lb||0.6 lb||2.2 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The only cost I pay monthly is $3 for government taxes required to use 911 emergency services. I have no problem with that!
2. The call quality is excellent.
3. You get caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail all for free.
4. The device itself looks pretty slick.
5. You get to choose from a list of available local phone numbers (I think you can even use your current number instead, if you prefer).
6. Came in secure packaging with easy to follow instructions.
7. The lighted design on the top lets you know at a glance if your service is connected by shining an electric blue color. The small "play" button lights up orange when you have voicemail so you can easily see if you have new messages.
I've tried several other VoIP's including Vonage (which is good, but costs $10-$25/month while Ooma is ONLY $3/month), and a few other apps on my iPad mini that let me make/receive calls in my iPad when I'm connected to the Internet (Talkatone, Google Voice, Voxofon, and WeTalk). For me, Ooma is the most convenient, because it works with any regular corded OR cordless house phone. So happy with my Ooma!
-If you want transfer your phone number, don't disconnect your phone service with the current provider until after the transfer occurs. If you cancel phone service with your current provider, you will not be able to transfer your number- it's out of your control and back in the number pool of your current provider.
-ooma won't work with an Ackerman security system, so keep in mind you might have to go with a cell phone-based upgrade to your security system. It's much safer anyway, but it does decrease the monthly savings when switching to ooma. The cell service option will cost $10/month more, but I am still money ahead.
+$10.00 for cell phone upgrade to security system
+$ 3.85 for monthly ooma taxes and fees
-$ 7.00, no more monthly comcast modem rental charges
-$ 32.00, no more Comcast phone service
Net savings is about $25 per month; I spent $160 on the ooma and $150 on Netgear modem plus $40 on the port ($350), so I will break even in about 14 months. That's OK with me, and worth it to break away from having to use a substandard Comcast modem while getting an upgrade to our security system at the same time.
Update- as soon as the phone number ported to Ooma, Comcast automatically raised my monthly subscription rate to internet and cable to $200, so I had to call them and go through the process of getting the monthly rate down. Comcast subscribers- be prepared.
AUGUST 25 2014 update- No problems with the phone except when I continually lost my internet connection. Off topic, but we just switched to ATT Uverse service and at least in my locale the internet stability has been much better (no drops whatsoever in more than a week). The final straw was when I was charged $60 for a Comcast service visit when the tech could not find anything wrong with the signal strength, so he informed me he had to indicate that my equipment was to blame. I didn't understand that meant a $60 charge. I know other people have the exact opposite experience, but if you are dissatisfied with your current Comcast service, it's worth a look at ATT Uverse.
OCTOBER 2014 update. Ooma box has worked flawlessly, but discovered that the company automatically signs you up for a higher tier of features that you get free for a month, but then your credit card begins to be charged at a higher rate. Just be aware that you will have to call and stop higher tier service if you don't want those features.
MAY 2015: I haven't had any problems with the unit except very rare internet connection drops. BTW, it took me 6 months to get the $90 Comcast owed me back from them- after three calls and hours on the phone, plus a FAX to their "Consumer Service VP" or whatever their title is, I finally got the check. I have to say that Comcast's very poor customer service reputation is well deserved in my personal experience.
Pros: When it works, it's great.
Cons: Service has ALWAYS been inconsistent. It will work great for a few calls, and then terribly for several more. The problem isn't on my end, I have reliable high speed internet service, so there is no bandwidth problem
Customer service is TERRIBLE. When you get them on the phone, they will say they understand your frustration and want to help - but then give ENDLESS excuses on why the problem can't be fixed. The latest debacle? I got so fed up with so many call quality problems, which I had worked repeatedly to try and fix through tech support and customer service - I decided to try a TING Home Connect. All I wanted to do was port my number out of OOMA over to TING - and yet OOMA is purposely trying to block it. They have refused to work with TING or even get on the phone with them, and have dragged this out now for 2 weeks. It looks like I'm going to have to give up my number and get a new one - which is a pain in the butt, but OOMA is making it impossible to port my number.
Bottom line - STAY AWAY AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON OOMA!
Most recent customer reviews
After seven months we haven't had any trouble with the OOMA Telo Box itself which is great...Read more