Top positive review
I Love Ooma! Here's why:
January 5, 2015
I've been using my Ooma service for a couple weeks now. I am SO PLEASED with this device. Here's why:
1. The only cost I pay monthly is $3 for government taxes required to use 911 emergency services. I have no problem with that!
2. The call quality is excellent.
3. You get caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail all for free.
4. The device itself looks pretty slick.
5. You get to choose from a list of available local phone numbers (I think you can even use your current number instead, if you prefer).
6. Came in secure packaging with easy to follow instructions.
7. The lighted design on the top lets you know at a glance if your service is connected by shining an electric blue color. The small "play" button lights up orange when you have voicemail so you can easily see if you have new messages.
I've tried several other VoIP's including Vonage (which is good, but costs $10-$25/month while Ooma is ONLY $3/month), and a few other apps on my iPad mini that let me make/receive calls in my iPad when I'm connected to the Internet (Talkatone, Google Voice, Voxofon, and WeTalk). For me, Ooma is the most convenient, because it works with any regular corded OR cordless house phone. So happy with my Ooma!