- Save 30% on Official Bluetooth Speaker Carry Case for the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA when you purchase 1 or more OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Bluetooth Speaker offered by Cambridge Soundworks. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Clip this coupon to save 15% on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Repairing electronics can cost as much as buying them new. With SquareTrade, you're covered
- Protect your device today, enjoy it for years with peace of mind
- Covers: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA : Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Exceptional Bass and Rich Stereo Sound, Plays Loud, 14-Watts, 100ft Wireless Range, Play 2 together for Music in Dual Stereo, Splashproof (New) Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND AND UNMATCHED BASS in a Bluetooth speaker this size, plays surprisingly loud with 14 Watts of power driving Dual Precision Stereo Woofers for room filling sound, custom designed passive Bass Radiator mounted under its own grille delivers rich satisfying bass--- Perfect home speaker and travel speaker - 6.4 inches long, 2.8 inches high, just 15 ounces
- PLAY UP TO 100 FEET AWAY from your iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle and Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Dot; our advanced antenna design provides an amazing wireless Bluetooth range of up to 100 unobstructed feet
- SHOWERPROOF SPLASHPROOF RAINPROOF IPX6*- The Perfect Shower speaker --- FIRMWARE FLEXIBILITY – The OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA is optimized for playing music with maximum Bluetooth range, up to 100 unobstructed feet away from your device; for watching videos and playing the audio through the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA you can change the firmware to OPTIMIZE FOR VIDEO, which reduces latency and improves the lip sync between the video and audio on the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA
- PLAY YOUR MUSIC TO TWO OONTZ ANGLE 3 ULTRA SPEAKERS - Set one OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker as left channel, and the other as right channel for incredible stereo sound separation of your music up to 100 unobstructed feet apart; set both speakers to play full stereo and play your music in different areas or one inside and one outside; Playing to two speakers together over Bluetooth is supported for music playback only, not for TV or the audio from videos. Each OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker sold separ
- UP TO 20 HOUR BATTERY PLAY TIME - BUILT-IN MIC for handsfree speakerphone calls from Smartphones and iPhones -- Perfect Bluetooth speaker for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Computers, AUX-IN jack for playing from TVs and Non-Bluetooth devices -- Comes with LONG 6’ MICRO-USB charging cable AND 3.5mm AUDIO CABLE -- Official OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Carry Case sold separately on Amazon *IPX6 rating can resist water spray and splash cannot be partially or fully submerged
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Incredible OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA
Exceptional Sound and Surprisingly Loud Volume
Play it loud, distortion-free even at max volume
- Crystal clear distortion-free sound that is exceptionally well balanced
- Two custom stereo neodymium drivers deliver natural mid-range and clean highs
- Rich satisfying bass, across all genres of music
- Passive bass radiator is placed behind its own grille, the separation from the woofers enhances clarity
- 14 Watts of power for room filling sound (7 Watts per channel, 7W X 2)
- Triangular design separates drivers from bass radiator for audio clarity
Bluetooth 4.2 Technology and SoundWorks advanced antenna design
- No more worries about stepping out of Bluetooth range, play up to 100’ away (1)
- Connects in just seconds over Bluetooth to your iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop with Bluetooth, Chromebook, Echo Dot and Echo
With a second OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker (sold separately) you can wirelessly connect both speakers together and play them up to 100 feet apart.
- Easily set the two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers to have one play the Left Channel and one play the Right Channel for incredible Stereo Separation.
- Quickly change the two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers to have one play full Stereo, so you can set them in two different areas or two different rooms, or set one inside and one outside.
- Each time you turn the speakers on the two speakers will automatically connect to each other with OontZ Wireless Dual Stereo
Take it room to room and everywhere you go – the perfect travel speaker
- Just 15 ounces, light-weight to take with you
- No sharp corners, makes it comfortable in your hand
- Fits easily into your bag and case
- Compact 6.5” Inches long 2.75 inches high and 2.75 inches wide
- High Capacity 4400Mah Lithium Ion battery (Built-In)
- Up to 20 Hour Battery Playtime, play all day and into the night (2)
Splash proof, rain proof - the perfect shower speaker
- Listen to your favorite music in the shower, while your device stays dry
- Perfect for taking to the beach, by the pool, or on the golf course
- IPX6 Water Resistant
Looks as good as it sounds
Built-in Mic for Wireless Hands Free Personal Speaker Phone
For calls from your iPhone and Smartphone
- When connected over Bluetooth from a Smartphone or iPhone the Handsfree Speakerphone allows you to answer incoming calls and speaker through the built-in mic. The caller’s voice will come through the speaker
- Incoming calls will ring on the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA, press the phone button to answer
- Music pauses during the call and plays again at the end of the call
AUX-IN jack for playing from TVs and Non-Bluetooth devices
- The OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA comes with a 3 foot long 3.5mm Audio Cable
- An extra long 6’ Micro-USB charging cable, makes it easy to plug the speaker into a USB wall charger for a Smartphone or iPhone, or USB port on a computer (The speaker does not come with a USB wall charger)
- 3 foot long 3.5mm audio cable
- User Guide
Official OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Carry Case available sold separately
1 - Placing the speakers on the ground or having walls or obstructions between the speakers will significantly reduce the distance apart the two speakers can play together.
2 - Battery play time varies and may be less than 20 hours for a number of reasons, including the listening volume (the louder the volume, the shorter the play time), the device, Bluetooth connection, and music genre and music source. The 20 hours was determined with a fully charged OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA set at approximately 2/3 of the maximum volume.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
WARNING: This review is lengthy and hopefully thorough for you to decide, but not overly technical. I initially wrote a lot about the first Oontz speaker I got, the Angle 3 Plus, and thank everyone for all the positive feedback and tons of upvotes. So I’ll continue that format, and compare these 2 speakers in hopes it helps you.
Having really obviously loved that speaker, after having many pretty uninspiring Bluetooth speakers, I basically bought into the Oontz family of products. There are cheap and expensive BT speakers out there, some cheap ones are great for the money, and some expensive ones really fall short based on cost and are likely riding on the brand name. To me, Oontz is the perfect value for money ratio (I’m a nerd who does research, gives quantitative ratings to the attributes I like, and then create a value ratio 😊)
I’m no audio-professional, in fact I work in the beauty / cosmetics business, in brand management (marketing), so I know “lipstick on a pig” and plain old marketing fluff when I see it (sometimes). This company definitely passes the no-marketing-hype test. It’s an American company (that matters to me, maybe not to others), and seem to be putting their dollars into good products instead of advertising.
Like you, I love music, but 80% of the time I'm listening passively, not studying the entire soundstage. After comparing this speaker to the Oontz Plus, this one is better for both passive and active listening. It’s performing well across an array of music styles: I listen to classic country, synthpop, britpop, industrial, lots of classical, 80’s, indie, and because of the kids, way too much kid’s stuff (Moana & Frozen anyone?).
- Basic cardboard, but well protected. No fancy wrappings and tchotchkes. And that’s what I want to see. It doesn’t feel like you’re opening a gift, which means you didn’t pay for all the unnecessary stuff.
- The feel: just like the Angle Plus. Solid, rubberized sides. It feels just barely heavier than the previous Angle Plus. My Plus was taken camping, beach, picnics, and thrown by my kids during tantrums and play, and survived with barely a scratch, and I suspect this Ultra is the same solid quality.
- Comes with your standard micro-USB cable and 3.5mm male to male cable. Works, but I use my personal aux cable as I think its better.
- OH @#$&*!! This nearly looks/feels identical to the Angle Plus. Did I just get suckered into buying a higher priced twin!? I got worried. But then I put them side by side, hit 'play', and happiness ensued.
- Nothing to say. If you’ve paired anything in your life, that’s it. Super simple. I paired to an iphone 7 and Samsung Galaxy S6 with zero delay/issue, and no disconnections within regular stated ranges (100 feet).
CONTROL / RANGE
- MUCH improved controls over the Angle Plus! You can see from my pictures (Plus on left, Ultra on right) that the Plus had harder to see buttons, and an even harder (nearly impossibly frustrating) small and hard to see power and Bluetooth light. In my picture you can actually see the Plus’s lights b/c of some camera auto-adjustment, but in real life it sucked. The Ultra is clear and bright. This may be an issue for some if they keep it on their night-stand at night. Also, the Ultra now has dedicated volume and skip buttons, whereas the Plus didn’t. Also, while I’m not blind, I like that the Ultra has higher raised symbols so I can just feel for them, versus the relatively flat buttons of the Plus. This actually is very useful I find when lighting is low, so its easier to see the buttons.
- The usb and 3.5mm jack are on the back, and are slightly recessed. Please note this if you are thinking of getting an "L" angle 3.5mm jack as I was, since it may not fully plug in.
- The access ‘door’ to the jack and usb is even improved on the Ultra vs the Plus. On the Ultra it seems there’s a metal insert in the ‘flap’, making it nice and rigid and easier to open/close, whereas on the Plus it was just a piece of rubber. See the attention to detail these Oontz folks have?!
- As for range, I live in a prewar building, very solid walls that are great except when you want wifi or bluetooth to travel. I was able to effectively control the speaker from a phone at least 30 feet away and with 3 corners in between (i.e. around the hallways and through bedrooms). Controls still worked but sound started skipping at about 40 feet. This is really impressive given my stupidly thick walls. Same performance as the Plus in my opinion.
- Ok I’ll say more than that. The ultra is 4W more than the Plus, thus 14 total. If you don’t really know what that translates to in performance, neither did I. Yes I did the math and figured well its X% more watts. But not until hearing it did I realize that it actually sounds much better than the percentage would convey!
- The main thing that jumps out is just how much bass this has! I’m far from a bass-head, and in fact usually listen via great studio monitor over-ear headphones known for a very wide flat soundstage. But holy moly this was fun! The bass however didn’t muddy up the rest of the range. Yes the mids/highs were a little compromised to my ears, but not drowned out. Music compared to the Plus just sounded richer, yummier, more chocolatey (without the calories).
- I noticed the pads on the bottom are more spongey like they’re air-cushioned. Maybe my other speaker’s pads just got old, but this seems like an improvement especially given the heavy bass, it may keep it from dancing around while on a hard surface. Also, you can stand the speaker up for narrower spaces.
- ProTip: Use your EQs!! Many people forget their computers, phones, Spotify, whatever have equalizers so that they can actually adjust the levels. So when I’m not in the mood for all that bass, I can turn it down (like for the 4783rd playing of “How Far I’ll Go” from the Moana soundtrack)
- “A flaw!” I thought! With this bass, its going to be horrible if I turn up the volume. So first I turned up the Plus…and it indeed just got a bit more distorted. My wife turned and gave me a dirty look like “turn it off”. Then I turned up the Ultra and she literally started dancing (Beastie Boys ‘Intergalactic” if youre interested). At max volume it was surprisingly still clear, and darned loud!
- I really love (loved?) the Plus, but this Ultra is way beyond the Plus.
- Was very audible through my house….granted I live in NYC in a 1500sq ft pre-war, so it may not fill your place up if you have a “normal” sized American house. 😊 See, there’s an upside to living in little NYC apartments….only 1 speaker needed!
WATERPROOF-NESS, USES, AND IDEAS:
- The size of this, and its features make it pretty versatile! (see measurement photo)
- I connected it to my Echo Tap (the kids are keeping the Plus, I’m taking the Ultra) and it's great! Clearly MUCH better quality than I get from my full-size Echo's speaker. Just be sure to keep it a few feet away from your Echo, and away from the wall a bit, or your Echo won't hear you very well due to interference and the echo bouncing off the wall.
- IPX6: what does it mean? Well I think this is really important to understand before you take it scuba diving. The first number is for particles (dust, sand) and the second for water. An X just means it wasn't tested, not that it doesn't have any protection from dust/sand. The 6 means it withstands water jets, or to quote the IP standard: “Powerful water jets (12.5 mm nozzle) projected against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects. Test duration: 1 minute per square meter for at least 3 minutes.” My basic version of the test as shown in the picture was to hold it under my faucet for a few minutes. Yes it still works! While I don’t plan on holding it while I shower, its nice to know that it can get splashed on while by a pool/lake, or more likely the kids spilling water on it.
THINGS I HAVENT TESTED
- Battery life: have not yet let it drain, but Oontz states 20hrs. I used my plus (rated at 30hrs) on camping trips without having to recharge, so I believe them.
- Dual Speaker Mode: apparently you can pair this with a 2nd Ultra speaker. I only have this one, so haven’t verified.
- Phone Calls: I know it can be done, but I never use a BT speaker because, well, kids.
- Great sound, but advise to use an EQ to customize to your tastes especially for highs or to tone down bass
- Loud, and clear even when loud
- Battery for days (I'll update when it runs down)
- IPX6 water resistance
- Power and bluetooth lights that are brighter than before, but may brighten a bedroom if you sleep near it.
THE BAD - NONE! Ok, if i'm forced to pick something, I might like a battery level indicator so I know how much is left, but that's really knit-picking.
Happy to answer any questions.
... A little... TOO incredible... It caused my solid wood counter-tops to vibrate and buzz, because the bass speaker is on the bottom. Turning down the bass in my equalization settings helped, but I didn't think I should have to do that, as most of my music isn't bass-heavy to begin with.
So then I tried standing it on its end...
Well, it decided it had other places to be.
Utilizing the bass pad that came with my Oontz Plus solved all of these issues entirely, so I would like to recommend Cambridge Soundworks also include the bass pad with this speaker.
I've included camera footage of the speaker playing at full volume... AND going for a stroll. Please, enjoy! <3
I can't recommend this speaker enough! I deducted one star, however, for the issues I encountered, as mentioned. As much as I adore this tiny little powerhouse, I can't lie: It's not perfect.
UPDATE: So while I initially purchased this strictly to use for music, I do like to watch videos on my phone or tablet sometimes, and neither of these devices are exactly known for amazing sound power when watching movies. I was perturbed to say the least when I recognized the terrible audio lag the device has. Sound is heard more than a full second after the characters move their lips, a problem which my old Oontz Plus (RIP) never had. I suppose I could remedy this issue by using an AUX cable, since unlike my old phone my new phone has a working sound jack, but I can't do that and keep the device's water resistance in tact, and my favorite place to watch youtube videos on my phone is in the bathtub. ^_^ Since the sound delay is far, far worse than expected (my old Oontz speaker had ZERO sound delay) I'm docking another star for it.
ANOTHER UPDATE: A big thanks to brdavis9 for giving me the link to the do-it-yourself online firmware update for this device, and a big thanks to Cambridge Soundworks for making it available to do ourselves. After the update, the speaker's sound delay is down to about a millisecond. Only really noticeable if you're looking for it specifically or a person in video is talking insanely fast. And the speaker earns back the lost star for sound delay. <3 The tutorial online for setting up the firmware update explains the most bare minimum detail so that even tech-incompetent people like my dad could use it (He still can't tell the difference between a tab and a window.) but those of us who are tech savvy can just wing it for the most part.
For everyone else, here is the link provided to me! Follow these instructions if your speaker has noticeable lag.
(I put my phone in a ziplock freezer bag when I use it in the bathtub. The extra insulation intended to prevent freezer burn also prevents condensation inside the bag and protects my phone in case I drop it in the water.)
Most recent customer reviews
Stopped working after three months. I cannot get t to pair at all anymore.Read more