Other Sellers on Amazon
Oops!... I Did It Again
|Price:||$17.27 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
2 CD Bundle Very Good Condition Britany Spears oops I did it again, Janet Jackson Design of a Decade 1986 1996 Complete, Disc, Cover, and Case.
Yes, she did. Even if the title track's chorus is a blatant rip-off of the Barbra Streisand/Barry Gibb duet, "Woman in Love," it's still darn catchy--much more than anything from 1999's ...Baby One More Time (save the album's fab title tune, of course). With the rest of the 12 songs here, the teen queen pretty much delivers a remake of her last album. Songs like "What U See (Is What U Get)" and "Stronger" show Swedish songwriter-producer Max Martin in his element, churning out another and yet another slick smash with staccato synth beats and heavily overproduced melodies. But even at his strongest points, he can't bury Britney's voice far enough below the virtual guitars--and it's obvious this girl ain't no Celine. Except for the horrendous ballads, however, that doesn't make a stitch of a difference. The pop songs have all the qualities of memorable tunes--the choruses are clear and catchy, the beats are bouncy enough to make you shake your bonbon, and the singer is about as randy for love as Austin Powers is for a shag. Edit out the low-water mark--when Britney mutilates the Rolling Stones' misogynist anthem, "Satisfaction," by oversexualizing it with inserted "uh"s ("I can't get no, uh, satisfaction")--and you've got a hit-packed album that's as guilty a pleasure as reruns of Beverly Hills 90210. --Heidi Sherman
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.62 x 4.94 x 0.4 inches; 3.68 Ounces
- Manufacturer : Sony Legacy
- Original Release Date : 2000
- Run time : 44 minutes
- Date First Available : April 30, 2006
- Label : Sony Legacy
- ASIN : B00004SCX6
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,197 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The tracks were penned by Max Martin. You may remember him from Backstreet Boys. He knows what he's doing! You'll hear classic sounds in this, from Iggy Pop, to ABBA, to Rolling Stones - Britney brings them all together in a musical panapoly.
'Oops! I Did It Again' - this is very similar to 'Baby One More Time' but exceeds the soundtrack in that regard. The chorus is fantastic and the song escalates towards the middle into a fantastic crescendo.
'Stronger' is a very machined sounding track with a heavy beat.
'Dont Let Me Be The Last To Know' has that classic cocktail room background music tone that you hear playing in a dusky bar somewhere.
'Lucky' is that quintessential teenage angst song that makes you want to cry as you reminisce about the old days.
This is very age appropriate muzak. This is a snap-your-fingers, shake your head, and dance to the sweet ballads and jam stylings of Britney Spears. She demands your attention, wants satisfaction, and does it all!
Stronger: 5/5, Really great song! I think it would still do well if it was released as a single today.
Don't Go Knockin' On My Door: 5/5, This song is really cool! It would've been a great single.
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction: 5/5, A lot of people hate this cover, but I absolutely love it. She took the song at made it completely her own, which is what a cover is about.
Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know:
What U See (Is What U Get): 5/5, One of my favorites on the album! I wish this would've been a single.
Lucky: 5/5, I love this song! The lyrics are very telling and the beat is irresistible.
Where Are You Now: 5/5, One of my favorite ballads by Britney.
Can't Make You Love Me: 4/5, Really fun and catchy!
When Your Eyes Say It: 5/5, Beautiful ballad, lyrically and vocally.
Dear Diary: 3/5, This song is cute, but very cheesy.
B Sides and Bonus Tracks:
Girl In The Mirror: 5/5, I don't know what it is about this song, but I love it! It's one of my favorite Britney ballads.
You Got It All: 5/5, I've never heard the original, but I love this cover. Her voice sounds great.
Heart: 4/5, A little cheesy, but still a great ballad.
Walk On By: 5/5, Super catchy and cute! I wish this was on the standard tracklist.
Top reviews from other countries
There isn't much difference to the last album and this album except the cover, title and the amount of tracks and there are some similarities between some tracks such as Oops and Baby One More Time and From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart and Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know.
I think Britney did really well choosing all the tracks to go on this album because despite not co-writing any of them except the last track Dear Diary they can all relate to her such as Lucky and Girl In The Mirror.
I really enjoyed this album and her previous one to and also all the other albums she has released.
I recommend this album to everyone no matter what price it is, it is worth every penny.
Oops!...I Did It Again 10/10
Don't Go Knockin' On My Door 10/10
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 10/10
Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know 10/10
What U See(Is What U Get) 11/10
One Kiss From You 8.9/10
Where Are You Now 10/10
Can't Make You Love Me 10/10
When Your Eyes Say It 9/10
Girl In The Mirror 10/10
You Got It All 10/10
Dear Diary 10/10
Oops!...I Did It Again
Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
What U See (Is What U Get)
Can't Make You Love Me
Girl In The Mirror
You Got It All
any other cd I have got.As someone who listens to all kinds of music from classical to hip-hop I can tell you that this means it's a recording of some quality.If you asked me to take two cds from any group/solo artist
and say who has the best two cds I would say "Britney Spears with "Baby one more time" and "Oops I did it again." But while "Baby one more time" has 10 good songs (out of twelve)on it,"Oops I did it again" has fifteen (out of fifteen)!If you want some music to relax to,the last 6 songs of Oops!I did it Again! will be right up your street - wherever you live!
1. Oops!... I Did It Again - very catchy and upbeat. This is ...Baby One More Time no. 2 but I do prefer her debut. However, this song is great to listen to basically anywhere: in the car, at the gym, doing your hair... And it has the fantastic Titanic part in the middle! 10/10
2. Stronger - BEST song on the album. Britney kinda moved away from bubblegum pop but it is brilliant. And who can forget the video?! Britney dancing on a chair - AMAZING! 10/10
3. Don't Go Knockin' On My Door - this is a brilliant song too. Great lyrics. It's about how Britney's moved on from an ex and is telling him, literally, to "not knock on my door". Love it. 10/10
4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - I personally think this song is underrated. It was panned by critics as a failure and an insult to the Rolling Stones, but I think it's just as good as the orginal. Britney really makes it her own; changing the lyrics and adding in "uh's". Okay, that sounds bad but trust me... it's good! Well, I think so anyway. 10/10
5. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know - definitely not one of Brit's best. This is actually a cover but it doesn't do the orginal any justice. It's a bit boring and just not Britney enough! It definitely shouldn't have been a single, however this is Britney's favourite off the album. I don't know why. :/ 7/10
6. What U See (Is What U Get) - Oh, this song is amazing. It's showing that Britney is herself, and won't change for anyone. The beat is catchy, the lyrics are fantastic and Britney's vocals are great. 10/10
7. Lucky - This isn't one of my favourites, but it's definitely a critic's favourite. I love the beginning and the song is quite catchy. It's about a celebrity who has it all but no love. Even though Britney's talking about a fictional girl named "Lucky" it is pretty obvious this song is about her. 8/10
8. One Kiss From You - Aw, this is a sweet song. It's an upbeat love song with adorable lyrics. Very innocent Britney. 8/10
9. Where Are You Now - The first of the slow ballads on Oops!... I Did It Again, this song is worth listening to a few times. At first, you think it's going to be a boring ballad however it does get better and Britney's vocals are very natural. 9/10
10. Can't Make You Love Me - This is very innocent Britney era. The lyrics "I'm just a girl with a crush on you!" proves that. It's basically One Kiss From You no.2 but I prefer Can't Make You Love Me. It's more catchy. 9/10
11. When Your Eyes Say It - Back to the slow ballads! This song is good and it was going to be a single until unknown problems caused it to fall through. To be honest, I'm quite glad it did but it's still a good song. 8/10
12. Girl in the Mirror - best ballad on the album. Very good vocals and you can tell that Britney really means the lyrics. It's really sweet. 10/10
13. Dear Diary - Britney's first attempts at writing a song. No, I'm not lying; Britney co-wrote this song at the tender age of 17! The lyrics aren't too great and the meaning isn't very complex but Britney's vocals are so adorable! 7/10