Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2017
Smallest item I've ever purchased from Amazon, I think; a big surprise. Be sure to review the description: "Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 0.7 x 3.9 inches". When I pulled it out of the box, it's so small, my first thought was "Hummm; how much did I pay for this?". But it's good for baby/toddler hands, and the hidden "peek a boo" flaps that hide a surprise picture is pretty darn cute.
on November 23, 2014
I ordered "Open the Barn Door" in addition to several other books for a baby shower. However, when it arrived it was so tiny (around 3") that I ordered another book in it's place, for the shower. I realize that it was my fault for not looking closely enough at the product's dimensions. Instead of returning the book I gave it to my two year old son. At the time he received this book he was really into farm animals. However, he never really showed much interest in this book. We've now had it approximately 10 months and he has only read it about a dozen times. I think his lack of interest in this book is because a) it's so small and b) it's really hard for him to lift the flaps in the book. The book is actually very cute, but he gets so frustrated with the flaps that he doesn't want to read it.
on November 15, 2013
My son loved this book, and still does a year later. It has all of the animals that he loves and knows and also helps introduce him to all of the sounds they make. My only issue would be that the book is so small. When we got this for him he was still too tiny to hold the book himself and turn the pages. So with the book only being 3"x3" it's hard for my husband and me to hold the book for him; not impossible, just more difficult. Also, the glue on the binding came unglued after reading it twice.
on December 16, 2015
Decent book . it is exactly what you expect a board book within animals that you pull back tabs to see who is hiding. It is small so it is perfect for ages 1-3 years old. Too small and baby like for ages 3.5and up .
on January 2, 2016
Such a cute book but make sure you know that it is SO SMALL but i love that it is a board book.It is the size of my petite fist but perfect for putting in your purse, diaper bag or backpack. I bought it for the discount sale of $2 and some change and thought it would be perfect to add to the collection of books for our 6 hour drive. This book is for my 16 month old son, but my 3 year old son has been reading it more, well yeah, actually he can read the WHO SAYS.... which is on each page and will have the animals noise/sound. The opposite page has a door for them to open with the animal. Very cute and educational. It would be 5 stars if the book was just a bit bigger.
on January 21, 2015
I am updating this review and it has now become a daily favorite! I think I bought this around 12 months old and then it was too small and too difficult to use (see earlier review). However, once she reached 15 months it became daily favorite and now is read probably10 times a day. The smallness is now an asset and she has the dexterity to maneuver the little flaps. I changed my rating to 5 STARS, but I would just wait until 15-16 months before buying it.

Cute book, but SMALL! As a book designed for young children, I was expecting a smaller board book, (for little hands), but not something that would fit in the palm of an adult hand. It is basically too small and therefore requires too much dexterity for our little one to play with on her own, or even her parents to read to her with ease. The story, graphics and flaps are great, but its just too small.
on May 22, 2016
I bought this for my nephew who will soon be 2yo, and he loves it:)). He has many books, and I had bought couple more, but this clearly is his fav. As ppl ve mentioned here, it is very small. But that is great, esp. when u r trying to feed the baby, and need another hand for a book to keep his attention. It can easily be carried, and wiped down with wipes. My nephew loves to read it while he eats, and as a 2yo he loves to dip his hands in food and also turn the pgs on this book. So it is vry imp. that the book can take all the sticky, dry stuff, and still look new!
on January 2, 2016
Such a cute, sweet little book! It's small size makes it perfect for the diaper bag, but the chunky pages are perfect for a toddler. The flaps can be a bit hard to open the first time through, but my toddler loves it and it is holding up quite well so far.
on December 11, 2015
This is by far my babies FAVORITE book! As soon as she got it, she wouldnt let go of it and she is always wanting mommy to "read read read"
She flips through the pages and opens the doors. The only downside is that the descriptions of some animals are a little bit off. For example, Ducklings instead of the standard Duck, or Pony instead of the standard Horse! I just say Duck or Horse instead of what is written.
on December 22, 2015
It's a good book for a 1-2 years old, but it's a tiny small pocket size booklet. You can literally fit it in your pocket.
review image review image