Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 12, 2015
This is a great little board book. My nephew loves the smaller books that fit in his tiny hands and the peek-a-boo feature makes it even more exciting for him.
review image
58 helpful votes
59 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 26, 2017
My toddler looooves this book. Has so many animal sounds and flaps on each page. My only complaint (as with most flap books) is that they can be ripped off, but this one is holding up much better than others so definitely a 4.5 star product. Would buy again. Perfect baby shower gift. We now keep ours in the diaper bag for when we travel.
on February 9, 2017
I don't know why I didn't get this sooner. The price is so cheap. My16 month son loves animal themed lift the flap books, Dear Zoo & Where's Spot are his favorites. I've read this three times already & it was just delivered this past hour. It's an instant new favorite. I definitely recommend it. It's a cute little book that just goes through the different sounds farm animals make.
on August 12, 2015
I knew this book would be small based on other reviews I read before buying. However, I figured it'd be a good size for my 18 month old son, as a starter book since he recently started showing an interest in books. I thought the flaps that open up would be something that would keep his attention and keep him busy, that he'd like that..however, it has been alright. It keeps his attention for a bit when I read it to him and open the flaps to reveal the animals, though I have to move quickly. I was hoping this book would've been something he would enjoy flipping thru on his own as well, but it hasn't made the cut for him. Also, I bought another different book at the same time I purchased this one and in terms of sturdiness, the other one has held up well. This book however, has not made the cut. I actually had to take it out of his room, and its something I read to him and put back away because he was able to tear it apart easily. The cardboard-like material/paper on the 'binding' part on the outside of the book, he was able to tear it away like it was paper and not cardboard material, it came right off, almost completely, thankfully it didn't because the book would've fallen apart. This little book was a good buy, it's a good price. But, I don't recommend it because it falls apart too easily and isn't sturdy at all. If you plan on reading it to your child and not letting them play with it on their own, at all then i would definitely go for it, but otherwise it's just a waste of money, because it won't last long at all in the hands of your toddler.
on July 9, 2015
Children open the lift-the-flap barn doors to reveal "Who says moo?"/ "Who says baa? et cetera". A very cute, pocket-sized book with bright colorful, and not overly cartoony illustrations.

Our Thoughts
There are a lot of pages in this tiny book which is good. Its pretty sturdy, the flaps are a bit hard to do since they're so tiny but that deters tearing! I love the illustrations and thoughtful and unique flap for each animal (e.g. kittens are inside a basket, a goat stands behind a laundry line, a duck waits behind bulrushes). Its the perfect size both for little hands to read on their own, and to fit in my purse. I can whip it out while were standing on line in the supermarket or waiting to be served in a restaurant and read it to my son. He received it as a Christmas gift at 13 months old. At 18 months old, he enjoys this book a lot and can now open the flaps himself. He likes hearing me the animal noises and loves being surprised by what's waiting behind the door. As he has grown older I can now quiz him before we reveal the animal and he signs his answer. Recently I caught him reading it all by himself, so now, I give it to him to read on his own in the shopping cart thereby buying myself at least a few brief moments of cooperation! Great little book highly recommended! We actually lost this book during a an outing and I will definitely be replacing it as my son LOVES it!
It's useful for teaching animal names, animals sounds and life on the farm.
on November 11, 2017
I was anticipating a larger board book- this is only 2 inches by 3 inches. Super small, so a plus for purses, diaper bags, etc. A bummer if its a gift as you want it to look a bit bigger than it really is. Content wise, it is cute and kids will love opening the flaps.
on May 3, 2017
Bought this book to replace one that my child torn into pieces after chewing on it for months. It was the same seller that sold me the first one, but it is not the same book. Different and bigger size, faded colors and thinner pages. Picture quality is very low.
on November 23, 2014
I ordered "Open the Barn Door" in addition to several other books for a baby shower. However, when it arrived it was so tiny (around 3") that I ordered another book in it's place, for the shower. I realize that it was my fault for not looking closely enough at the product's dimensions. Instead of returning the book I gave it to my two year old son. At the time he received this book he was really into farm animals. However, he never really showed much interest in this book. We've now had it approximately 10 months and he has only read it about a dozen times. I think his lack of interest in this book is because a) it's so small and b) it's really hard for him to lift the flaps in the book. The book is actually very cute, but he gets so frustrated with the flaps that he doesn't want to read it.
2 helpful votes
on August 20, 2015
This is one of those books that my one year old makes me read to him over and over again! My only complaint is that I wish the book was bigger (I didn't realize it was only 4 inches when I bought it, though the price should've been an indicator). However, the small size actually works in our favor because it's easy to toss in the diaper bag and for my son to hold and "read" while in his car seat.
on November 5, 2016
This is a simple little board book. Each page asks "Who says..." and then under the flap is the coordinating animal. My 1.5 year old loves it! It fits great in her hands, the illustrations are cute, she thinks the goat eating a sock is HYSTERICAL. A winner all around!