Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 894 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,061 reviews
on June 12, 2015
This is a great little board book. My nephew loves the smaller books that fit in his tiny hands and the peek-a-boo feature makes it even more exciting for him.
review image
on October 19, 2016
I purchased Open the Barn Door for my daughter’s first birthday. She is now approaching her second birthday and this book is still very much a favourite.

The book is smaller than I was expecting (dimensions, as per Amazon are 9.9cm x 9.9cm), but this actually turned out to be a plus point as it’s great for throwing in the changing bag when we go out, or acting as a distraction in the car.

The book is a lift-the-flap book and has lots of pages. Each page poses a question – for example ‘who says moo?’ and opening the flap will reveal the animal in question. This was a great tool for my daughter to learn the names of farm animals and the noises that they made.

As this is a board book it is durable and despite having owned it for around a year and it having lots of use, our copy is still in remarkably good condition, with all the flaps still intact.

I would strongly recommend this book, I don’t really have anything negative to say about it. I think it is perfect for little one’s aged one and over.
on February 9, 2017
I don't know why I didn't get this sooner. The price is so cheap. My16 month son loves animal themed lift the flap books, Dear Zoo & Where's Spot are his favorites. I've read this three times already & it was just delivered this past hour. It's an instant new favorite. I definitely recommend it. It's a cute little book that just goes through the different sounds farm animals make.
on November 24, 2015
This is an adorable lift-the-flap board book but the reason I am giving it 4 stars is the size of the book. It is TINY. Nothing wrong with a smaller book but for the price you can buy a regular sized board book. Just my opinion though ;)
review image
on August 12, 2015
I knew this book would be small based on other reviews I read before buying. However, I figured it'd be a good size for my 18 month old son, as a starter book since he recently started showing an interest in books. I thought the flaps that open up would be something that would keep his attention and keep him busy, that he'd like that..however, it has been alright. It keeps his attention for a bit when I read it to him and open the flaps to reveal the animals, though I have to move quickly. I was hoping this book would've been something he would enjoy flipping thru on his own as well, but it hasn't made the cut for him. Also, I bought another different book at the same time I purchased this one and in terms of sturdiness, the other one has held up well. This book however, has not made the cut. I actually had to take it out of his room, and its something I read to him and put back away because he was able to tear it apart easily. The cardboard-like material/paper on the 'binding' part on the outside of the book, he was able to tear it away like it was paper and not cardboard material, it came right off, almost completely, thankfully it didn't because the book would've fallen apart. This little book was a good buy, it's a good price. But, I don't recommend it because it falls apart too easily and isn't sturdy at all. If you plan on reading it to your child and not letting them play with it on their own, at all then i would definitely go for it, but otherwise it's just a waste of money, because it won't last long at all in the hands of your toddler.
on July 9, 2015
Children open the lift-the-flap barn doors to reveal "Who says moo?"/ "Who says baa? et cetera". A very cute, pocket-sized book with bright colorful, and not overly cartoony illustrations.

Our Thoughts
There are a lot of pages in this tiny book which is good. Its pretty sturdy, the flaps are a bit hard to do since they're so tiny but that deters tearing! I love the illustrations and thoughtful and unique flap for each animal (e.g. kittens are inside a basket, a goat stands behind a laundry line, a duck waits behind bulrushes). Its the perfect size both for little hands to read on their own, and to fit in my purse. I can whip it out while were standing on line in the supermarket or waiting to be served in a restaurant and read it to my son. He received it as a Christmas gift at 13 months old. At 18 months old, he enjoys this book a lot and can now open the flaps himself. He likes hearing me the animal noises and loves being surprised by what's waiting behind the door. As he has grown older I can now quiz him before we reveal the animal and he signs his answer. Recently I caught him reading it all by himself, so now, I give it to him to read on his own in the shopping cart thereby buying myself at least a few brief moments of cooperation! Great little book highly recommended! We actually lost this book during a an outing and I will definitely be replacing it as my son LOVES it!
It's useful for teaching animal names, animals sounds and life on the farm.
on May 3, 2017
Bought this book to replace one that my child torn into pieces after chewing on it for months. It was the same seller that sold me the first one, but it is not the same book. Different and bigger size, faded colors and thinner pages. Picture quality is very low.
on November 23, 2014
I ordered "Open the Barn Door" in addition to several other books for a baby shower. However, when it arrived it was so tiny (around 3") that I ordered another book in it's place, for the shower. I realize that it was my fault for not looking closely enough at the product's dimensions. Instead of returning the book I gave it to my two year old son. At the time he received this book he was really into farm animals. However, he never really showed much interest in this book. We've now had it approximately 10 months and he has only read it about a dozen times. I think his lack of interest in this book is because a) it's so small and b) it's really hard for him to lift the flaps in the book. The book is actually very cute, but he gets so frustrated with the flaps that he doesn't want to read it.
on August 20, 2015
This is one of those books that my one year old makes me read to him over and over again! My only complaint is that I wish the book was bigger (I didn't realize it was only 4 inches when I bought it, though the price should've been an indicator). However, the small size actually works in our favor because it's easy to toss in the diaper bag and for my son to hold and "read" while in his car seat.
on November 5, 2016
This is a simple little board book. Each page asks "Who says..." and then under the flap is the coordinating animal. My 1.5 year old loves it! It fits great in her hands, the illustrations are cute, she thinks the goat eating a sock is HYSTERICAL. A winner all around!