Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon September 12, 2011
I love this book. It is by far the most useful book about dealing with grief that I have found. Open to Hope is a collection of very short (mostly 2-4 pages) essays written by people who have experienced the loss of a loved one, and in several cases, more than one family member. The essays are grouped by subject into sections covering everything from surviving those first days to rediscovering joy in your changed life. The authors have covered nearly every topic you can think of related to loss and grieving.

However, in spite of the topic, this book is not depressing or somber. The essays in this book are hopeful and inspiring. They are all messages to the reader that say, "I've been where you are. I walked through the tunnel of grief, came out the other side, and found joy again. I survived and this is what you need to know so you can make it, too."

This is a book that will stay on my night stand so I can pick it up and reread a few essays every time I feel blue and need some reassurance that I can make it through this. And, I plan to buy more copies for other family members.
on September 9, 2011
This book is very inspirational and impressive, as it is uplifting and comforting. I would recommend this book as a great gift to give to anyone who has lost a friend or loved one and is in bereavement. Gloria Horsley lost her son as a teenager in an accident and she has channeled her energy from this loss into helping others cope with death. She and her daughter Heidi have done an outstanding job helping others and has a web site by the same name. You can read about the special dream that Gloria had about her son Scott and that is how I met her.Special Dream: Personal Accounts After the Death of a Loved One
on October 10, 2015
Very good book and makes an excellent present to send to someone who is in bereavement. The stories are very uplifting and helps those who are grieving see the hope at the end of the tunnel.
on November 14, 2013
I lost my Son Colin 4/28/2013. I have tried reading many books on dealing with loss of a child, but find it difficult sometimes to concentrate on chapter books. This book is full of short stories and articles I have found helpful. So much so that I have purchased two more copies to give to friends that have recently lost loved ones.
on September 2, 2015
A wonderful book to help you look at your grief in a new way. The editors of this book have done an excellent job of compiling stories and essays that will help someone in mourning.
on December 12, 2011
This book is all I expected. I got it for a friend, but I read it on my Kindle before I got it for her. Even though it wasn't for me, I got a new perspective for a problem that I have had for several years. I would recommend this for anyone who is suffering from grief.
on January 7, 2013
Great book on dealing with loss! I donated it to the library for our "Compassionate Friends" group! It definitely provides strength and encouragement! Danette Williams
on July 12, 2011
I have lost my daughter to an unexpected tragedy three months ago. I have purchased many books right away to help me deal with this, as books have always been a guide for me in life. Most of the books fell very short to help me find that needed hope, and sometimes after reading one I felt worse.
I received this book as a gift and will always hold the person who gave this to me close to my heart. THIS is the book I have needed to help me mend. The short writings from each individual in this book are incredibly special and are actual tools to help you deal with whatever loss you are experiencing.
I read half of the book, and want to savor the rest because I know more great thoughts and tools are coming my way!
This will be my 'grieving bible' and will be in my reach when I am having tough moments. Sometimes friends do not know what to say, but this book does the job for all of them. It will help me on the coldest nights and make me think of new ways I can inspire others.
I will purchase this book for friends and family who need that inspirational help given to me. I will never let go of my copy because it will remain with me on days where my inspiration is on a sad cloud far in the distance!
on July 28, 2011
There is an extraordinary abundance of human insight from many points of view in this remarkable compilation. Well edited, and helpful on fundamental levels by two very capable and knowledgeable professionals. I will continue to gift the book to people experiencing tragedy and loss.