Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on November 22, 2013
This book has been a total hit with our kids. Cute pictures and they love the storyline! Their favourite part is at the end, when the crocodile bites through the back of the book. There is actually a hole at the back, with zig zaggy edges, that you can literally see through the back of. They love this feature! Having said that, however, there are two things that could be done to improve it. My 7 yr old has suggested that it would be even better if the back of the book shows the crocodile coming out of the book. The last page shows his back end still in the book and it's obvious that the croc has gone out the back of the book, but there is no front end to the croc on the back cover. I agree with my son, that it would be even cuter if the front half of the croc was pictured climbing out of the back of the book, through the hole. Also, the last page, which has the bite out of it should either be reinforced or made out of stronger material, as since there is a hole in the page, it is asking for accidental rips and tears. The kids will want to put their fingers and hands through the hole, and our was slightly torn after only one day. If the edges at the hole were stronger, this could be prevented. The kids also love the part where the croc gets annoyed at having a tutu drawn onto him...very cute book and we highly recommend!
on December 5, 2013
The presentation, and art, in this offering are terrific. Watch the eyes of your four year old as s/he shakes the book one way, or tilts it another as invited to rid the book of the crocodile! The playful "tension" of the story is delightful for even the very young...after all, this is a very "un-scary" crocodile. I might quibble a bit with his gobbling up of letters and words which might, without some artful reader supplement, be a bit thin for a young ear. I'd have given the book an extra star save for the weak and anti-climatic ending...definitely a whimper not a bang. Way too bad because until the last page the young listener is glued...and then? The end.
on March 20, 2015
Little ones are going to love this story of a crocodile and a little duck.! The ending is great and a real surprise!
on July 5, 2013
This is one of the cutest books I have read! My first-graders loved it! It lends itself quite nicely to Writer's Workshop!
on December 27, 2015
My 5 yo daughter loves interactive books. But they are hard to find on her reading level. This one isn't really interactive but is so, so fun. It's a cute story about a crocodile trapped in a kid's book. She really loved me reading it to her. It isn't on her reading level but is on her intellectual level.
on June 7, 2015
My first graders really liked this story.
on May 24, 2014
I have read this book to children ages 2 - 6 both at home and school. They all absolutely LOVED it and could not wait to read it all over again! The book encourages the reader and listener to become part of the process, interacting with the book and characters. Also a great way to get the less interested to understand that books are interactive and alive.
on August 21, 2014
I love this book so much that I have purchased three copies to give as gifts! It is a favorite of my grandchildren, and a nephew to whom I gave a copy takes it everywhere with him. It is lots of fun to read, especially if you are willing to provide a few actions along the way!

I highly recommend this book!
on August 17, 2015
We have had to read this book to my 2 year old roughly 4 dozen times in the last 2 days. She knows the story by heart and we ask her to tell us what happened. This book has captured her attention in ways many other books have not.
on December 21, 2014
The crocodile is stuck in the book! This interactive read aloud is so much fun, and my kids ages 2 and 4 beg to read it. The only reason I wouldn't give it five stars is because it feels a little too short for some reason, but that's great for kids who have short attention spans.