Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Opening Pandora's Box
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on October 2, 2015
I have to say it - the closing song from the last episode always gets me, and sticks with me. From the opening theme song from day 1, to all the sound effects in between, the music for this show is so well done! Favorite couple - Cierra and her mom Laura M. These two rock! I gave this season 4 stars instead of 5 because there weren't as many big moves as there could have been or should have been. So it was more predictable than usual! The eventual winner made sense this time around - no winner as a result of jury hatred or spite. The reward and immunity challenges always rock. What is great is that they keep coming up with new challenges. But nothing wrong with a classic or two - such as a big puzzle or a grub eating contest. Can't believe this show is still on the air! This is due to the constant changeups. This time around we have returning players along with one of their loved ones. Great new twist! What you don't get to see - letters from home or visits from loved ones (they are already there)! However, no reason why they still could not have a lavish reward trip or two near the end of the show as they normally do (not this time). Never know how alliances can shift based on who gets selected to go with the winner of the reward! No Sprint $100,000 award for the fans favorite player?!?! All in all a decent season. Enjoy!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 8, 2013
This is a specific review of SURVIVOR 27: BLOOD VS. WATER episode 12 “Rustle Feathers”. Although I didn’t like the execution of how BLOOD VS. WATER came about (the game would have been more interesting if the loved ones had been allowed to play together and then eventually had to pick themselves off one by one), the season has had some very interesting moments. In this episode, Hayden finds himself next up on the chopping block and finally starts putting his brains to use to convince a key member of Tyson’s alliance that switching sides is the only way to further themself in the game. The tribal council in this episode is one of the most memorable of not only the season, but in SURVIVOR history.
on March 2, 2014
I watched Season 27 when it first aired and found myself challenged to keep up with which loved one belonged to which player. This wasn't ideal because I was constantly trying to remember new names and which person they were teamed with, which interfered with my staying engaged in the program. I initially thought the winner was a meanspirited ass, and was bummed to see that particular individual win. I downloaded Season 27 to Amazon Instant Video to watch again, and had a much more cohesive experience. (w/o commercials). Watching it on my ipad also showed facial expressions and other nonverbal behavior much more distinctly than the flat screen experience. (Honestly!) I think the winner wanted it very badly, and took tough borderline chances, making what appeared to be cruel decisions in the moment... that landed a million dollars. Laura did an incredible job with challenges again and again. You are an amazing athlete Laura, compared to any age. I thought Ciera was particularly amazing, and Hayden so charismatic and uplifting to watch. Caleb...what a doll! Colton...forgive yourself, really. (Cause there is nothing to forgive!) Bummed the entire live reunion show not on Amazon download. Watched it when it aired and it was one of the best ever!
on December 19, 2013
Great fun this season. I'm getting tired of them bringing back "returning" players. So the deal is, we keep bringing people back until they win? Boston Rob came back three times before winning and so did this year's. The theme made up a bit for it though. It's amazing that this continues to attract viewership though I'm not complaining, it's one of the few enjoyable shows on TV.
on May 8, 2016
Great series and this season was awesome! Is so much different from the other seasons because contestants don't just think of themselves as individuals anymore. This concept is really awesome and adds a great twist to the survivor way of doing things. Very emotional because at some point, decisions have to be made that are so hard. Great theme. Great season! Can't get enough Survivor - next step have to go do it myself!
on August 8, 2016
I thought this was a really good season...loved seeing the "blood vs. water" theme. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that Monica Culpepper's super-shiny plastic surgery face created such a glare at times that it was nearly painful to watch. Had her skin been stretched across her face any tighter, I'd have needed sunglasses to watch this season. o.O
on May 18, 2016
This is much different than your normal Survivor as you see some of your favorite players but the added dimension of seeing how they fight against their loved ones. The returning players play against their loved ones and the whole dynamic changes. There are lots and lots of tears as people are broken up about how the game is affecting the ones they love. The game is ruthless as normal but it reveals such compassion and tenderness. When you see strong man Tyson weeping about his girlfriend or Laura sharing about how much she loves her daughter then you see a part of Survivor that is endearing. It is like flipping the coin to the other side and seeing that although the contestants can by driven by wanting to win they have incredible hearts as well. It is my favorite season.
on October 14, 2015
The concept was different. I had a problem with people competing who really didn't need the money. They could have had a few different challenges (too many puzzle challenges). Overall it was good. Our biggest problem was with the streaming. That has nothing to do with Amazon.
We can't get Verizon to bring Fios to our home (too rural I guess).
on July 2, 2015
This was a pretty good season; especially enjoyed the interaction of Laura and her daughter. Can't wait to see her play the new season again! This season is different from any others because they play with loved ones. I also features Caleb, who sadly passed away two years later in a train accident. Excellent season of Survivor with a satisfying ending. Monica will annoy you after a while.
on September 8, 2015
I just didn't get into this season as much as some others I have seen. I think it was clear from the beginning that the "bad guy", AKA Tony, was going to win. He was able to hold his own in challenges, and had almost no competition, strategy-wise.