Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 1, 2016
🙌🏾❤️❤️❤️❤️✨✨love this book n so thankful
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 27, 2012
A very approachable and informative book by a very knowledgeable and kind lady, Gail Faith Edwards of Blessed Maine Herb Farm. I remember when she started the company decades ago and am amazed and delighted at how it has grown. I knew I would love this book, because I love Gail and I love herbs, but my high expectations were actually exceeded! I recommend this so highly. I know it may seem that I am biased, given that I do know Gail, but notice that everybody else reviewing this book says the same thing: IT'S WONDERFUL!
on July 2, 2010
I love this book. The author covers both the medical use as well as the spiritual significance and use of each herb. It is a great book to keep by your bedside and read about a different plant each night. I would give this as a gift to anyone who loves herbs!
on September 5, 2009
"Opening Our Wild Hearts to the Healing Herbs" is a superb book for beginner and experienced herbal users alike. It provides a wide range of information on herbs, plants, and trees, and very clear and simple instructions on what to do with them. But this wonderful book goes far beyond just providing information. Gail's deep reverence for Mother Earth and all that is provided to us is obvious on each page, and it deeply touched me as I read the book. It is now my constant companion and already getting a little dog-earred. Thank you, Gail, for this tremendous gift!
on September 23, 2007
I have been thoroughly enjoying Gails writing. She shares tradtional and modern use of a variety of herbs. She has a small section on making your own.
Her writing style keeps you interested and educated.

The cover to this book is also beautiful and represents the book well.
on April 7, 2002
This is a fabulous book full of the wonders of our green allies. Herbal medicine, plant lore, poetry, ceremonies, delicious recipes, and a terrific index make this book a must for anyone interested in using wild plants. The section on medicinal trees is unique in my experience. The author's lovely spirit shines in every word and makes me wish I was a member of her family.
on July 7, 2000
Are you kidding me? I can't believe this book is not on the best sellers list. Definitely a wonderful piece of art. You will have so much fun learning about herbs and their uses, that you will have to wonder why you haven't heard of this book before! Get the word out. The author deserves to be recognized.
on June 7, 2000
As a novice to the world of medicinal herbs, I found this book to be an outstanding resource. The plant descriptions and directions for medicinal use are clear, concise and inspiring. But it is the call to the way of the Wise Woman and the stories interwoven which sang to my heart.