Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Opinel Le Petit Chef Box set (2 Piece Set) Educational Cooking Equipment for Kids with Stainless Steel Chef Knife and Finger Guard
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Le Petit Chef is an educational tool to teach kids how to cook safely. Teaching your kids how to cook is not only educational, but it is a great bonding experience. Recommended for age 7-11.
- The vegetable peeler is equipped with an educational ring which helps to position fingers for easy peeling. This plastic shield protects the hand that holds the food to be cut: fold your first two fingers into the shield and use the thumb and ring finger to hold the food. The style of the chefs!
- Opinel's stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. Beech is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, dark dashes. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Opinel Le Petit Chef Childs Knife Finger Guard
Kai AB5090 My First Knife, Green
Kai Little Chef Club Children's Stainless Steel Knife [Round Blade] 125mm (FG-5002)
BEGINNER'S CHEF KNIFE - Kids Favorite and Parents #1 choice for safety and design! - Bonus Knife Skills Booklet and Virtual Tutorial included!
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Swift Stock US||Emporium-cookshop||Amazon.com||Neo field of Japan||Cooking with Kids|
|Blade Material Type||Stainless steel||plastic||Steel||stainless steel||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
|Item Weight||—||—||6 ounces||2.08 ounces||—|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Steel||—||high carbon steel|
|Size||2 Piece Set (Knife & Finger Guard)||—||—||—||—|
Little chefs deserve deserves tools, not toys. The Le Petit Chef set gets children cooking with an educational, scaled-down chef’s knife, finger guard, and peeler. The knife includes a small ring that children instinctively use to position their index finger and the rest of their hand, encouraging safe knife handling and proper cutting technique. Outfitted with the right tools, children learn to love good food and cooking alongside adults in the kitchen. Use with adult supervision.
Care Instructions: • Dishwasher safe
• Use with adult supervision
• Ideal for most children ages seven to 12
• When necessary, sharpen the blade using a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone, holding the stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening
• Do not use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife
• Blade length: 4 inches
• Materials: Stainless steel blade, varnished beechwood handle
Manufacturing Process: Our Le Petit Chef set is made in Chambéry, France. The wooden handles are made from sustainably harvested French beechwood. Ninety-five percent of the wood we use for all of our Opinel knives comes from sustainably managed French forests, and we reuse wood shavings generated during our production process to heat our facility in colder months.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My three yr old loves to help daddy make dinner. I don't leave him unattended with the knife for obviously reasons.
He can control the cuts and feels a great sense in pride when he can take credit for feeding the family.
Definitely too small for adult hands, and the ring-protector on the front of the handle is too small for an adult finger to fit. But it is perfect for a child, and really allows him to lock in his grip and not slide around even if the handle is wet or oily.
Love that it's ambidextrous so my little Lefty can use it with ease.