From the Back Cover
Your passport to a successful and rewarding career. . .
Are you looking for the latest information to open the door to the career of your dreams? The nation's largest career books series, VGM's Opportunities in . . . series gives you the inside scoop on more than 100 professions, as well as on all the essential aspects of your potential career, no matter how specialized the field. From the latest training requirements to current salary statistics to the lowdown on life on the job, each book is packed with comprehensive, up-to-date information to help you confidently pursue the profession that's right for you!. .
In this revised edition of Opportunities in Religious Service Careers, you'll find:. .
- Tips on determining if you have the skills, motivation, and temperament to dedicate yourself to a religious service career .
- Reliable resources for internships, academic degree programs, and vocational training .
- Detailed descriptions of job duties and responsibilities for a wide variety of positions, from chaplain to religious educator to congregational leader .
- An expansive overview of possible work settings, including a hospital, classroom, or military base; a neighborhood close to home or a village thousands of miles away .
- Inspirational advice on committing to meaningful work despite sometimes limited monetary compensation .
- Strategies for launching a career, including suggestions for women and those interested in international assignments .
Take the stress out of the career selection process with this indispensable guide that functions as your own personal vocational counselor. You'll find enough expert advice to make an informed, intelligent choice about your career--and your future..
About the Author
John Oliver Nelson wrote dozens of booklets, books, and vocational study guides and was a teacher at Yale University's graduate divinity school.