Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Opportunity Slips
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on February 25, 2017
Very entertaining! I had downloaded this quite awhile ago and finally got the opportunity to read it. Didn't know what to expect going in but was very pleasantly surprised.
on August 16, 2002
Having enjoyed Young's previous title, Five Star Detour, I was really looking forward to Opportunity Slips. I can easily say that Opportunity doesn't disappoint. Once again Young is in top form with this entertaining adventure. The plot, refreshingly unpredictable and never boring, follows an extensive cast of likable characters in some unlikely situations. The author's brilliant choreography with words makes other books in this genre seem downright pedestrian. Even if you're not a hard-core mystery buff you will find a lot to like here, it's really quite funny and hard not to laugh aloud at some points. But despite the light, whimsical nature of the story, I turned the last page with a fundamentally more positive outlook on life. If you need a nice pick-me-up on a rainy day this book is sure to put a smile on your face, if not give you a craving for ice cream.
on April 20, 2012
A very funny book, at first I wondered what I had purchased, but the more I read the better I enjoyed it. I have already purchased more of Sherban's books and I'm looking forward to reading them.
on May 4, 2012
I did not like this book at all! Could not get into it no matter how I tried. Just not the book for me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 7, 2008
After thoroughly enjoying Five Star Detour, I couldn't wait to read the next book by Sherban Young. With characters who charm you from the first chapter to a plot that is so creative I couldn't put the book down, Opportunity Slips certainly lived up to my expectations. I highly recommend this book to everyone because it contains a broad enough spectrum to entice every kind of reader. Don't let the 'opportunity' to enjoy this book 'slip' by you!