Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Camera & Camcorder Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: drops, spills, accidents, liquid damage, plus mechanical and electrical failures during normal use
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 HD Aspherical Fisheye Lens & Removable Hood for Canon EOS 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 60Da, 50D, 7D, T7i, T7s, T7, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T5, SL2 and SL1 Digital SLR Cameras
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EXPANSIVE 180 DEGREE VIEW - The Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens offers an incredibly exciting perspective and takes photography to a range that exceeds the ability of the human eye. Bend the typical view of your photographs and video to the extreme with the ability to capture a full 180 degree panoramic frame. That fishbowl angle, combined with the impressive 11.8-inch focusing distance, allows an incredible depth of field making the 6.5mm the perfect addition to your bag of tricks.
- HD SUPER MULTI-COATED OPTICS - In order to assist with the common and annoying problem of flare and ghosting, Opteka's Fisheye lens has been coated with a special layer above the optics to reduce this harmful effect. Additionally, a removable petal shaped lens hood is included reducing further the amount of light directly on the lens. This provides a valuable shelter from unwanted light rays helping you to capture ultra clear and vivid images.
- CONSISTENT AND SHARP IMAGES - Because a single aspherical element is utilized in the lens, this helps to reduce aberrations while maintaining a consistent illumination for sharpness around the entire image edge. Because there is so much detail in the frame of the fisheye with its wide angle view, this welcome addition is a helpful tool to create high quality and consistent images every time.
- DURABLE HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - With an aluminum alloy lens mount, a super strong connection between lens and camera ensures your Opteka Fisheye will hold up against wear and tear and keep you capturing incredible images for years to come.
- INCLUDED - Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens for Canon EF, Front and Rear Lens Caps, Lens Hood, Lens Pouch, 5 Year Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
This is a manual focus lens. You can only use the lens in "M" manual exposure mode.
The Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens is an excellent addition to any photographer's collection, giving users the ability to expand their creativity and capture incredible scenes from a truly unique perspective. This lens, when used with cameras with an APS-C image sensor, creates images with an expanded perspective, including images with a creatively deformed outlook and a sharp pan focus that extends throughout the entire frame. By offering a 180-degree angle of view, this fisheye lens can be used to create amazing image expressions that cannot be seen by the human eye, such as exaggerated perspective and distortion. The minimum shooting distance (just 12 inches) and large depth of field also provide amazing close-up shots. On APS-C cameras the pictures will fill the entire frame or screen. On full frame cameras the lens will produce pictures with a semi-circular image.
Metal body construction with hybrid aspherical element for exceptional, sharp images
Multi-coated HD glass optics to reduce flare and ghosting
Manual focus and aperture control
Removable petal lens hood
Lens Construction: 10 Elements in 7 Groups with 1 Aspherical Element
Angle of View: 180 Degrees
Aperture Range: F/3.5-22
Minimum Focusing: 1 ft / 0.3m
Length: 4 in.
Weight: 14.6 oz
Designed for all Canon EF-Mount APS-C cameras such as EOS 7D, 7d Mark II, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 60Da, Rebel T7i, T7s, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i and SL1 DSLR Cameras.
Also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but keep in mind it will produce a circular, vignette image.
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye
Opteka Lens Pouch
Opteka 5-Year Warranty
347 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-5 of 347 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This Tuesday morning, while shooting the eclipse of the moon, I found that the internal rectangular mask had rotated about 50 degrees. This results in part of the image being blocked from the camera sensor, and renders the lens useless.
If the lens had not failed physically, I would have rated the performance a 4 as good-for-value performance for a low cost lens.
I've contacted the seller, but so far based on this failure my purchase has been a waste of money, and rates a 1.
UPDATE: Two weeks and two emails later, the only response from 47th Street Photo has been one automated response that they were "closed for a holiday". Disappointing. I have now contacted Opteka to see how they honor their 1 year warranty.
UPDATE: I gave up on 47th Street photo (they never did answer my queries.) HOWEVER Opteka warranty service answered my email within a day. I provided proof of purchase and had an RMA the next day. About 10 days later I have a replacement lens, which works great. I'm increasing my review to 4 stars.
Importantly, be aware that you'll only have manual focus. But as you know, your depth of field is much greater the shorter your focal length, so it won't be a big problem to get the focus right. If you have live view on your camera, use it and multiply the screen by 10X, manually focus based on that, and then go back to shooting regularly. If you still have trouble focusing, the manufacturer recommends shooting at 5.6 or even 8.0, but I had no such issues. Note that in addition to manual focus, you will need to set your aperture settings manually on the lens itself.
Here's the good news for Canon users: If you set your dial to P, you can set your desired ISO in the camera, set the aperture and focus on the lens, and it will work as normal. You can even run bursts in bracket mode. I found that it was helpful to dial EV down by 2/3 or even a full stop to hold the highlights on my particular specimen, but your lens may not require this and I am sure you are checking those kinds of things anyway when you shoot with any lens.
I did read that some people had some QC issues with this lens, but mine is crystal clear.
I would say the only limitation is that this is not a true 180 degree fisheye. That means that you won't really get the real fisheye effect unless you think out carefully when you will use it. Otherwise you'll just get a distorted wide angle that will look too distorted to feel right for wide angle, and too undistorted to feel right for fisheye. So on the day mine arrived, I went to Rockefeller Center. I figured that if I could get the entire city block that comprises the skating rink, as well as the sides with the lights, the complete height of 30 Rock, and pull as far back as I could, then even with this not-fully-180-degree lens I would still manage to get the nice "curl" of the buildings on the left and right sides of the block, which would accentuate the fisheye feel. It worked very well, as you can see in the attached photo. But note that the "floor" of the photo has only a modest curve to it, vis-a-vis a true 180 degree fisheye.
As with any fisheye lens, there is no protective UV filter you can use to cover it, so be gentle with it.
Finally, this came with a five year warranty! That's the longest I've ever gotten outside of Tamron's historical six year guarantees they provide on all their products. I'm not sure the other branded-but-identical lenses offer the same guarantee, so do some checking before buying.
I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase, particularly with my substantial discount. I highly recommend this lens noting its minor limitations.
I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants the fisheye effect but doesn't want to spend $1300+ on the Canon 8-15mm