Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Opteka CL-1 Clinch Band for Diffusers, Softboxes, and Light Modifiers
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on November 8, 2013
There's not too much to say about this product. It's designed for one thing, which is to hold a basic small softbox without having to permanently adhere those velcro stickers. The strap is a relatively simple idea. One side is fuzzy and attaches to the velcro, while the other side grips the flash head. The main advantage of this product is that it's cheap, easy to put on and take off, and saves my flash from velcro tape.

This product has the right idea, but the execution is flawed. The problem was that the strap was too long, so that it awkwardly wrapped around my Nikon SB-800 almost one and a half times. The bigger issue was that the grippy side, while smooth and rubbery, still doesn't grip the flash as much as I was hoping. The softbox, when attached, does tend to shift and slide a bit.
Good, sturdy material, with a textured back-side and strong velcro, but needs a buckle to help tighten it up.

I tried using this strap to hold one of Opteka's generic softboxes to a small Canon flash. Unfortunately, the softbox was awkward to position, and it was hard to wrap the cinch around tightly enough to hold it in place without the softbox falling off (and adjusting the tightness afterwards made the whole thing come loose also).

If the strap had a buckle to cinch through, it would have been much easier to use (much like the velcro cinches some computer cables have).
on April 4, 2012
I have these so called speed/quick/ultra/cinch straps from Honl, LumiQuest, and some other off brand. While I think the LumiQuest is "built" the best, I've never had an issue with this. It doesn't perform and better or worse than the rest in my experience. I typically use it to attach flags/gobos, snoots, and gels - no problems. If I ever need any more, this will be the one I get. It's half the price of the others and works just as well.
on June 21, 2012
Don't cut corners... buy either the wider $8.49 Opteka Clinch band or better yet the superior $9.95 HONL Speed Strap. The HONL is the best and has a better grip to the speedlite head, a wider velcro surface, and a higher quality velcro that will keep the HONL bounce card stable, and where you want it, instead of letting it flop around changing angles like this budget strap allows it to do. It might be better with the other modifiers but the HONL bounce card is a bit heavy and this strap is not up to the task.

Unfortunately I thought after reading the reviews that this was a way to save a few bucks so I bought four of them -- two for me and two for a friend... and neither of us are satisfied.
on December 11, 2010
Please buy it along with the diffuser, or else just with the diffuser and its dumb stickers you woul dbe spoiling your flash; this small band saves the beauty of your flash! Trust me...
on August 29, 2010
The strap does a good job of holding a flash modifier to the flash without needing velcro on the flash. I was debating whether to buy this model or a similar Lumiquest strap, but the Lumiquest strap is more expensive, so I opted for this model. I'm glad I did. It works fine, and after receiving it and comparing it with the pictures of the Lumiquest strap, it appears to be 100% identical.
on January 27, 2011
I did not want to apply sticky velcro tape on my new flash. The triangles shown in the picture of the strap are made of rubber material to grip your flash. When putting it on your flash, hold one end down with one finger and tightly wrap it around. The strap holds my LumiQuest SoftBox securely.
on March 17, 2011
I use this on my sb600 and sb800 flashes to hold my 80/20 on when doing shoots. Works great and much cheaper than the other big brand name ones!
on July 21, 2010
Attached to my diffuser cap, I can easily/quickly attach/remove my bounce reflector. Nice to have, not a must have.
on August 8, 2010
You could use string, tape or even bubblegum I suppose. But Velcro works--quick, pretty secure and reusable. I purchased this item with an Opteka large diffuser, therefore I didn't have to burn gas for a trip to Home Depot or Lowes to pickup some Velcro strapping. I just feel more secure using this clinch band plus the little Velcro pads that come with the diffuser.