Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 8, 2012
This makes for an awesome second battery for my T3, without spending a fortune just so it says Canon. While lenses, filters, and certain accessories can vary a great deal, I figured the battery was relatively safe. No problems so far (had it for about three months now), and not only have I had no problems with it, the life I get out of it (with LCD off, naturally) is excellent.
on May 30, 2017
Much longer life span between charges than the factory battery
on November 23, 2015
This battery has done a GREAT job in my Canon T5. I've been able to shoot hundreds of photos on a single charge.

Don't expect to double the shots of the OEM battery, but do expect it to greatly extend your shooting time. Between the original battery that came with the camera and this one, when fully charged, you can shoot all day and into the night.
on May 6, 2014
Purchased with a Canon T3/1100D generic grip - I had purchased to extend the time I had for shooting photos. I recently had a shoot in which I had taken over 300 shots of products with a 16GB Eye-Fi wifi adapter. The shoot actually lasted 10 hours before I had to shoot with another camera without the camera having to go into standby or power down.

Pros: Pretty great battery - helped me shoot for a nice period of time without standby or powering down.
Cons: None - it's a battery.
on November 30, 2016
Happy to have 2 batteries. With our second charger adaptable to charge both A/C and D/C it makes a world of difference. Having the cavity to charge while driving is a huge advantage to those of us who do a great deal of driving.
on July 1, 2013
I bought this battery to have a spare one when going out for taking pictures. This way, I don't need to worry about the battery when I'm on a trip. I also don't need to force the original battery to be charged fully before any trip (this behavior will reduce the lifetime of the battery quickly).
I have been using it for a half year and so far so good. It lasts as long as the original battery. However, since it is not made by Canon, you should not charge it while you are going out for a long time, just in case it explodes and cause fire.
on March 2, 2013
The battery works great in my Canon Rebel T3. The Canon brand battery is over $100 at Best Buy. There are several other brands out there for the same camera model that cost $50 - $60 each. I have had some tell me that the cheaper brand batteries won't last as long as the Canon batteries but I have noticed little difference in battery life. Besides I use this one as a back up in case the Canon battery dies while I am using my camera.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the performance of both the Opteka and Canon battery life so far.
on February 4, 2013
I realized too late the drawback of not having another battery on hand. I went to my local Best Buy to see how much a battery for my Canon was and was blown away at the $50+ price tag. I took to Amazon and low and behold this gem was available. I was a little reluctant to buy it due to the low price but the reviews made me buy it. I am here to second all the positive reviews. It's perfect. You'll be hard pressed to find another OEM battery for this price. Great charge time and lasts just as long as the one that came with my Canon. Highly recommended!
on April 27, 2014
Works just like OEM batteries and the price is great. Haven't had any issues with this battery and seem to hold charge just like very well.would recommend.
on June 27, 2012
I bought two of these batteries about two months ago. I have had to recharge one of them once, after a couple thousand photos with a Rebel T3. Amazing battery life -- definitely recommend this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.