Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on January 29, 2015
Not sure why there's so much hate for this inexpensive thing. I spent what I had and got what I expected. People have said it's not sturdy, but my T3i sits really well atop the screw at all positions. No movement at all. Very nice grip. If you can't afford the Scorpion (which I understand is better but a little more barebones), this is a very nice alternative. Haven't used it too much, but I'm excited for the possibilities.
review image
on August 17, 2014
The MOON grip helps provide stability when shooting video along with allowing you to easily get low angles without kneeling or sitting on the ground. With my Sony Handicam mounted, I can walk beside a taxiing model airplane and shoot a scene from the plane's level. Creative action shots of other activities become much easier using the grip. My primary purpose in getting the grip was to add a way to mount a shotgun mic to my Handicam. By sliding the camera attachment screw into one of the side branches on the base of the grip, I'm able to move the camera enough off center to use the camera's strap and get my hand on whole set-up with a firm hold. The legs on the bottom make that tough when a small camera is centered. Obviously not a problem with larger cameras.
on December 31, 2013
This is a decent grip which will help you to stabilize your videos a little, but keep in mind that it's only a grip -- there is no mechanical stabilization feature in the design. It seems fairly durable, but I took away one star because there's a rather significant 1/2" flex in the handle, even with my rather lightweight prosumer camera on it (Panasonic FZ200). The skis/feet on the bottom can interfere with with larger tripod heads if you're wanting to put this on a tripod sometimes.

One thing that could make it better is if it had a more coldshoe mounts on it (like two more on the side of the grip).
on April 8, 2014
For holding a SLR camera for filming this is perfect! Or anything with a tripod mount, I've heard complaints about it not holding the camera very steady at the concoction (screw in mount) point, but those people need to use some muscle!!! I screwed it about as tight as I could get it and the camera stays attached very well, not too concerned about it falling off at all. So long as you screw it in the middle of the varying mount points, I can see how it would flop around if attached at the wrong spot.

Its great for filming skateboarding with a SLR!

Would give this 5 stars, but the minute I set it down with a camera on it, one of the plastic arms? broke, the little part that connects the main mounting area to the "helicopter" feet, that it rests on a flat surface on. It does lay flat, but only with 3 solid connection points, was kind of expecting that with the price tag. I didn't plan on using this as a tripod so I'm not bummed, but it does say something about the general quality of the product.

Overall it does its job as a cheap handle!
on March 29, 2013
I got it today. I've seen a lot of reviews about different grips like this being chintzy and people feeling afraid to put their camera's on it. I threw my t3i on this thing today and it fit great and felt super solid. I'd recommend it to anyone. Other than that, it's up to the user to have a steady hand and make great videos. We'll see what I can come up with.
on May 3, 2014
I bought a camcorder and a TAKSTAR shotgun mic, and thought this would be a good way to add a cold shoe to a camera that didn't have one. I also thought it might help me stabilize shots since my camera is so small and light. It does do a great job holding the mic, but the plastic it's made from almost wants to float up to the ceiling. Not that it isn't strong enough, but I can hold the whole rig with my pinky and not have it get tired. The adjustable mounting configuration on the bottom is great. Definitely worth the money for what it is.
on July 20, 2014
I wanted something to mount my action camera to and not worry about going into the water with it and this fits the bill. Up until now, I had been using a cheapy monopod and that worked ok but every time a wave hit, the monopod would take the brunt of the force and I'd have to recompose my shot right away. With the Moon grip, I can hold my shots a little better as everything is right at the waterline and my grip is just above it.
The only drawback/complaint I have is the cold shoe mount at the top is pretty useless. I'm not sure if it's just my unit or it's a build quality issue but there's too much play/spin in the shoe and trying to tighten it anymore makes it sound as though something's cracking. But it's not much of a complaint on my end since I wasn't planning on using the cold shoe anyway, I just wanted to see what I could use it for.
on February 17, 2014
I ordered this grip about 2 weeks ago and it was delivered fairly quick! I love this handle i have my nikon coolpix l820 on it and i use it for skateboarding. It does help stabability but the plastic is KINDA flimsy it doesn't seem to be easily broken but if enough pressure is on it it will tend to shake which shouldn't be a problem since you will most likely be carrying it not pushing down on it i used the grip for about a day and the foam began to soften up (isn't a bad thing) the hot shoe mount does not swivel when tightened up! and all in all it is great for the price good for beginners with a low budget or it can be good for anyone if used properly. i will likely be moving on to a cam caddie in a few months though! thank u opteka for a wonderful stabilizer oh and no gifts are included so when u get the package don't expect anything but the stabilizer and the hot shoe mount in a little baggy
on March 23, 2014
I needed a handheld mount that would allow me to get those low angle shots pointing up from below the knee level without being a contorsionist. This is just perfect for that. Also comes in handy for getting those shots hanging over the side of a boat, outside the car window, off the ground on a moving skateboard, snowboard, skis, etc. Tilting the flipout monitor on the camera to the proper angle allows for easy framing by the photographer for the money shot. Yes, its just molded plastic, a mounting screw and some foam rubber but the price is also fair for what it does and how well it will hold up. Being able to set your camera down on the ground, table, bench, etc. in a stable position while you take a break will be another feature any user will appreciate. I'd get another if I broke this one.
on February 3, 2014
This is a well made piece of equipment and cheap too! I bought this for run and gun film making ... when I read the comments they said it was a cheap chunk of plastic and a few even recommended not to buy, well I didn't realy care for 13$ and so I got it and dont regret it at all ...the only reason I gave it 4 stars was because of the gripping (it's going to get nasty and probably rip soon) and I expected my camera to be more stable, but it ended up still being pretty shaky ... but on the plus side it's a beast for getting the low angle shots! ... once any of you were wondering, I have a t3i and it fits it just fine! (It didn't specify so I did) ... but yeah all and all its a very frugal price of film equipment and one of the best prices you can get for 13$