Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Opteka MOON Grip (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on January 29, 2015
Not sure why there's so much hate for this inexpensive thing. I spent what I had and got what I expected. People have said it's not sturdy, but my T3i sits really well atop the screw at all positions. No movement at all. Very nice grip. If you can't afford the Scorpion (which I understand is better but a little more barebones), this is a very nice alternative. Haven't used it too much, but I'm excited for the possibilities.
review image
on March 29, 2013
I got it today. I've seen a lot of reviews about different grips like this being chintzy and people feeling afraid to put their camera's on it. I threw my t3i on this thing today and it fit great and felt super solid. I'd recommend it to anyone. Other than that, it's up to the user to have a steady hand and make great videos. We'll see what I can come up with.
on April 29, 2013
I received the MoonGrip Professional Camera / Camcorder X-GRIP Action Stabilizing Handle - Metallic Grey XGRIP last week. It arrived quickly, in perfect condition, and works great. I read all the reviews about the Opteka X-Grip and the problems, cheap, crooked, no tripod screw mounts etc. Also checked out the ones made by Zeikios and Foregrip. This unit was much cheaper and not one flaw that I can find, the box was sealed well and looks as if never opened, all brand new. Very pleased with the new grip, saved some money and it works great. The color says metallic grey, its more grey but for the price who cares. I am a very anal person and tend to over analyze everything, so for me to give it five stars it has to be flawless. Thanks Amazon for providing me this product at a reduced cost. I am using the grip for my GoPro Hero2 for my Nikon D5000. Both work very well on this grip.
on December 31, 2013
This is a decent grip which will help you to stabilize your videos a little, but keep in mind that it's only a grip -- there is no mechanical stabilization feature in the design. It seems fairly durable, but I took away one star because there's a rather significant 1/2" flex in the handle, even with my rather lightweight prosumer camera on it (Panasonic FZ200). The skis/feet on the bottom can interfere with with larger tripod heads if you're wanting to put this on a tripod sometimes.

One thing that could make it better is if it had a more coldshoe mounts on it (like two more on the side of the grip).
on April 8, 2014
For holding a SLR camera for filming this is perfect! Or anything with a tripod mount, I've heard complaints about it not holding the camera very steady at the concoction (screw in mount) point, but those people need to use some muscle!!! I screwed it about as tight as I could get it and the camera stays attached very well, not too concerned about it falling off at all. So long as you screw it in the middle of the varying mount points, I can see how it would flop around if attached at the wrong spot.

Its great for filming skateboarding with a SLR!

Would give this 5 stars, but the minute I set it down with a camera on it, one of the plastic arms? broke, the little part that connects the main mounting area to the "helicopter" feet, that it rests on a flat surface on. It does lay flat, but only with 3 solid connection points, was kind of expecting that with the price tag. I didn't plan on using this as a tripod so I'm not bummed, but it does say something about the general quality of the product.

Overall it does its job as a cheap handle!
on February 20, 2016
I cannot believe that I managed to snag such a great product at such an amazing price. I was nervous at first, because how could it be a good product when it was so affordable? There are similar type products on the market that go for over triple the amount. I have had this product for almost six months and it is still going strong. It works exceptionally well and I love the finished videos that result when using it. Great product! Would purchase again and again!
on May 2, 2016
I mainly record videos at concerts for local bands, using this gives so much better results than just holding a video camera. The videos cameras now are so small and light and bump and shake shows up in your video. This gives you alot more control of the camera, grip options to hold the camera from the top, bottom for rear and gives you a solid mounting point for something such as a camera light.
on July 20, 2014
I wanted something to mount my action camera to and not worry about going into the water with it and this fits the bill. Up until now, I had been using a cheapy monopod and that worked ok but every time a wave hit, the monopod would take the brunt of the force and I'd have to recompose my shot right away. With the Moon grip, I can hold my shots a little better as everything is right at the waterline and my grip is just above it.
The only drawback/complaint I have is the cold shoe mount at the top is pretty useless. I'm not sure if it's just my unit or it's a build quality issue but there's too much play/spin in the shoe and trying to tighten it anymore makes it sound as though something's cracking. But it's not much of a complaint on my end since I wasn't planning on using the cold shoe anyway, I just wanted to see what I could use it for.
on August 17, 2014
The MOON grip helps provide stability when shooting video along with allowing you to easily get low angles without kneeling or sitting on the ground. With my Sony Handicam mounted, I can walk beside a taxiing model airplane and shoot a scene from the plane's level. Creative action shots of other activities become much easier using the grip. My primary purpose in getting the grip was to add a way to mount a shotgun mic to my Handicam. By sliding the camera attachment screw into one of the side branches on the base of the grip, I'm able to move the camera enough off center to use the camera's strap and get my hand on whole set-up with a firm hold. The legs on the bottom make that tough when a small camera is centered. Obviously not a problem with larger cameras.
on March 23, 2014
I needed a handheld mount that would allow me to get those low angle shots pointing up from below the knee level without being a contorsionist. This is just perfect for that. Also comes in handy for getting those shots hanging over the side of a boat, outside the car window, off the ground on a moving skateboard, snowboard, skis, etc. Tilting the flipout monitor on the camera to the proper angle allows for easy framing by the photographer for the money shot. Yes, its just molded plastic, a mounting screw and some foam rubber but the price is also fair for what it does and how well it will hold up. Being able to set your camera down on the ground, table, bench, etc. in a stable position while you take a break will be another feature any user will appreciate. I'd get another if I broke this one.