Opteka 52mm HD Multi-Coated Variable Neutral Density (2-8 Stops) Fader Glass Filter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Opteka Variable Neutral Density filter is unique in the fact that it allows you to use just one filter to generate 2-8 stops of neutral density depending on how it is rotated
- Enables slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- Decreases depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- Decreases the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- Allows cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
|Item Weight||1 pound|
The Opteka Variable Neutral Density filter is unique in the fact that it allows you to use just one filter to generate 2-8 stops of neutral density depending on how it is rotated.
Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. They enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Speaking generally, the 2-stop value (ND 0.6) effectively compensates average situations.
Top Customer Reviews
I returned it on this premise because i needed an 8 stop filter. Spend the extra money on a legit 9 stop ND filter and you will not be disappointed. Unlike what this product did for me.