Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2015
Love this thing!! It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be and the plastic seems to be quite cheap..but this thing is $20.. Even with that being said, I am looking forward to seeing how much use I get out of it. Picture I've attached is an iPhone 6 plus to give you a reference size.
review image
22 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I used this to hold my camera or camcorder on to record video or take pictures of adoptable animals at the animal shelter. I attached an external light source to the top and my camera to the bottom. This technique and setup worked perfectly for capturing a quality image of cats in a dark environment. The shelter was not well lit but using the Opteka X-grip with the Powerextra 170 LED CRI95 light Panel worked fantastic for being able to get the shots that I desired. This X-grip device was also very sturdy and portable which is ideal for when I am moving from cage to cage to get pictures!
on May 4, 2017
Very light weight all plastic design, comfortable foam grip, and highly adjustable screw for locating your camera just right.
I've used this with a mirror-less, a DSLR and my iPhone, it worked perfect for all of them. There is no magic bullet, you have to use best practice to get the smooth "flight" shot you want, and you'll need to practice, but this device is spot on for it.

Pros:
Light weight
highly adjustable camera location
Feet will let you set this down on any levelish surface

Cons:
takes some practice, there is no mechanical or electronic balance to help smooth things out, this is all up to you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This X-Grip is the best accessory I've ever purchased for my Sony FDR AX33 4k camcorder. I am able to mount the camcorder with the grip's handle on the left side and the camcorder's hand grip on the right side giving me amazing stability. I added a dual cold shoe mount so I could add a light and my Rode shotgun/boom microphone, giving me the ability to get footage that looks and sounds professional. The Rode shotgun microphone gives me crystal clear professional sound. I am able to clearly hear the voices of the people I am filming from over 10 feet away, and it sounds as if they are wear a lapel microphone. This X-Grip is essential if you want to shoot stable, professional looking video, with the option to add a high end microphone or lighting system.
on December 11, 2017
Love the handles on this product, the texture it has provide excellent grip! Don't have any other stabilizers to compare it to as this is the first one I buy but for the price and the quality of the materials I would say this are a great value. I have it hooked it up to an action camera and its works really good to take those great shots without breaking my camera. As far as an stabilizer goes I would say its fine but don't except it to be anything above what you paid for.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This camera grip works. It sure does let me hold my camera with a Mic or flash or anything else you could ever want attached to it and it is comfy to hold and even has a 1/4-20 hole in the bottom so you can mount your mount on a tripod. BUT. Like a few other reviews say this thing sure has some wobbles going on. It DOES hold my cameras nice and tight (tested on a Sony X1000V and a Canon Rebel XT), but the arm flexes enough that it makes my footage a bit shakier than a meter alternative. Now I realize that this is a like $20 mount and nicer metal ones are at least twice the price. My advice would be to save those pennies and get something a bit nicer.
on November 17, 2014
I purchased this to use with my sony handicam video recorder. It is pretty light and since my camcorder is tiny as well, there is not a super amount of weight for added stabilization, however, I like the fact I can hold the camera down at waist level and tilt the LCD screen up to see what I'm filming. When walking around and shooting, the image was very stable and I think it just makes for better quality video shooting. The flat base is nice where you can sit it down on a table and record. It is mostly lightweight molded plastic but at the low price it provides considerable value to a amateur videographer/photog. With a heavier camera or camcorder, say 2-4 lbs, you'd probably do fine as well. All in all a good buy. BTW, I purchased this item and was not compensated for my review.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I like the product, I don't think I ordered the right product though. It doesn't really stabilize my camera. It's still pretty shaky, even though I walk very slow and keep myself steady. I read the reviews and a lot of people made the point that this is not a stabilizer like one would think.

Still this is not a bad review. The product is very sturdy in my opinion. It's very easy to attach my small camera to it and feels very nice in my hand.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Why film handheld when you could do a better job using this product? I have many stabilization gear but I started with this one. Multiple configurations to setuo your cam. I like to use it for low shots with a wide angle lens. You can also install a light on top with the included flash hot shoe. This is a great starting point if you want an economic stabilizer.
on June 2, 2016
Great fit for my DSLR camera, not heavy duty but it does the job.

The mounting plate has a few options you can choose from depending on your camera's specs. This grip works for a great variety of cameras. It could go from a small camera to big cameras. I own a T3i and personally I think it works fantastic with it. It's not the best stabilizer since the footage can still look a bit shaky if its not handled properly but other than that it works pretty well.

The handle is covered in foam which makes it rather comfortable especially when shooting for a long time. On the other hand it feels a bit flexible but it doesn't seem like something to be worried about.

Overall this grip is an inexpensive tool that definitely improves the grip on your camera and despite a few flaws it does what its meant to do.