Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Optima Batteries 8022-091 75/25 RedTop Starting Battery
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on April 2, 2009
My 2002 vette needed a new battery and instead of buying the OEM Delco I decided on the Optima RedTop for a lot less money and more starting power. The engine never cranked better on start up.
on August 29, 2012
Below is a copy of the email I got from Optima regarding a battery purchased from Amazon.
So be aware the money you are thinking you are saving maybe costing you big time. You should also know that for marine batteries Otima is strongly reccomending the use of there $200 charger to keep them charged properly.

Hello John,

Amazon.com is not an authorize online OPTIMA retailer, We do not know where they acquire the OPTIMA batteries nor does Amazon.com honor the OPTIMA warranty.
1111 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2011
My Optima red top battery finally died for good this week. This is not a bad thing because I purchased it new in 1997! That's right... 14 years and four cars later, time to buy another red top!Optima Batteries 8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery
on September 18, 2010
Worked great for 6months, then lost current. Wouldn't turn the starter over with out putting it on charge. Got progressively worse. Bought a battery tester and the battery failed the test.

NOTE-

Amazon doesnt allow returns for Car battery's so i guess i have to eat $100+. I realize you do get a bad batch, but not being able to return is what warrants the low review.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2012
These batteries are the most cost effective on the market, especially in applications where they are not used often. They will hold a charge for more than a year in storage e.g., antique cars.
on January 20, 2016
Excellent battery at a good price. Be sure to buy from an authorized dealer (this one is) so that you will get the warranty and it will be delivered in a factory designed, well-protected package. I needed this style and type of battery because I needed to relocate the battery from under the hood into a battery box in the rear of my RAV4 (in other words it would be inside the passenger space of the car).
on March 23, 2016
So far so good. The battery came charged and fit in a 1996 Chevy Blazer with no issues. It started the truck up right out of the box. The battery was packed well in a dedicated box and styrofoam inserts, and arrived in perfect condition right on time.
on January 28, 2016
Installed in a 04 Chevy Avalanche. Replacing my old Red top from 2006! Fit was perfect and delivers the same quality that I would expect from Optima. Best price around. Battery showed up promptly.
on July 15, 2016
Not the first Optima I've owned. By far they've been the most reliable batteries I've used. Red top is fine for the small pick up it went into. I prefer the Yellow top for my Jeep because of the winch. But very decent quality battery and worth the extra expense in my opinion.
on October 14, 2011
If you want a battery to last in harsh conditions then this is the way to go. I use my one battery in several vehicals for different purposes. My show car for the looks and to hold up to the sound system, My 4x4 because sometimes you end up on your lid and still need to use your winch, my demo derby car/truck for obvious reasons, and my daily driver because my car wouldn't start is not an excuse to my boss. I don't know any one who uses these as hard as I do and sure I reck one every two years or so but thats the beauty of the 3 Year "FULL" warranty. They replace it for free, no questions asked, and the warranty is renewed so you have another 3 years of use/abuse. Unlike walmart or other crap batteries that last for two years at most, "about 6 months in my daily driver" and then you still have to pay a partial ammount to get it replaced. So save yourself the time and money in the long run and buy an optima from a dealer, not amazon, cuz a dead battery in the middle of January can cost you alot more than an extra $60.