Truck Season Automotive Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 7, 2018
Best protein on the market. For everyone saying the formula has changed... as far as the Double Rich Chocolate I've been getting for YEARS, there is no change as of a week ago (Jan-2018). No Sucralose. Just avoid flavors like Cake Batter, Ice Cream and Banana.
117 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
on January 17, 2017
I ordered the Chocolate Malt. The ingredients listed in the description are different than what they sent me. I am dissapointed that Optimum Nutrition changed their original product (which was the best you could find) to a new formula that's full of sweeteners and lacking the Aminogen™ ingredient that was listed as an ingredient. I'm just dissapointed. It was such a great product and now they're losing customers because some idiot up top decided to change what was already an excellent product.

EDIT: Amazon fully refunded my purchase almost immediately reaching out to them. They apologized and told me to keep the protein. This is why I will continue to use amazon. Their Customer was top notch
1,077 people found this helpful
|1212 comments|Report abuse
on June 6, 2017
Why ON why?? Why change a great thing. This one star review is for the new formula Optimum Nutrition is using. I've been using this product for 5 years and will never again purchase it unless they change it back to the original formula. Checking the ingredients it looks like they have added sucralose, among other things, which tastes absolutely disgusting. Honestly I'm sad because this was my go to protein powder, it had the best flavor, was easy to drink, and I recommended it to everyone. But tryingbthis new formula triggered my gag reflex, made me wash out my mouth and is still making me feel sick. ON - your target audience are health and fitness people, why on earth would you give us something so artificial and useless nutrition wise as sucralose??? Why?? Good job losing a life long customer.
1,087 people found this helpful
|2828 comments|Report abuse
on January 5, 2018
This new formula is crap!!! Seriously????? seriously??? I'm returning this!!!! it used to be so thick now it looks like spit water, taste crappy, thin like i didnt put enough powder in it, why would you do this??
review image
64 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2017
Vanilla Ice Cream

Please listen, ❗️DO NOT BUY IT❗️I have in the past spoken and reviewed this product as the best among the lot but that was before Optimum Nutrition changed the ingredients.

The old one had Aminogen, a blend of digestive proteases (enzymes) which helps absorption and helps the process of digestion. They took this out and instead added Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, SALT & SUCRALOSE. The total number of servings was also reduced from 77 to 73 which is no big deal. Now, who in the world needs Salt added to their protein powder, as though we are not already consuming excess salt? Of what benefit is the addition of salt to the consumer? Likewise, how does the addition of Sucralose, an artificial sweetener and chlorinated sugar help the consumer? Will you rather have an ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER in your food or not? Did I mention that it already has Acesulfame which is also a sugar substitute? The addition of Sucralose has made the product so intolerably sweet and tastes so artificial. I never take it just with water alone since it's first use. I make sure to add raw old fashioned oats and increase the water to numb the sweetness but to no avail. The sweetness is absolutely overbearing and leaves a HORRIBLE aftertaste.

Besides the bad taste, there's a divided opinion in the scientific world about the detrimental health effects of Sucralose. Just do a google search and draw your own conclusions.

Optimum Nutrition ruined what IMHO WAS ONCE the best protein powder. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2,298 people found this helpful
|4343 comments|Report abuse
on January 16, 2018
After reading some of the recent reviews... Didn't realize the product has been reformulated. This would explain why I thought my product had been tampered with and replaced with random filler. That's how noticeable it is.

The taste is sooooooo disgusting!!!!! What the heck ON? It's horrible!

Like the other reviews have said this was a staple product of mines for years every month, as well and the product I recommended to others. However now I will discontinue buying and steer others away.

I am highly disapointed.

People reading this, I suggest giving dynamite protein a try.
101 people found this helpful
on August 6, 2017
I will agree with the other customers in 2017 that the flavor and consistency is not the same. Something definitely changed recently. I drink this a lot, and I am having a hard time getting this down now. I used to rather enjoy chugging this stuff. Now I almost cringe when it's time for a protein boost. This makes me sad because it was my go to protein! Like the other guy said, I would be willing to convert back if Optimum Nutrition just changes back to the original formula. I'll be waiting, ON!
20 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 17, 2017
It tastes good and doesn't upset my stomach like other powders. Not too sweet and light flavor. It mixes really well. Almost instantly in a blender bottle. I can tell it's a superior product. You get 72 servings (one scoop) with this. Seems like it will last a while. I'll have to wait and see if I get results but so far it's worth the money. Also to those complaining their protein is half full, the product is sold by weight not by volume. Says it right on the tub.
15 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on November 11, 2017
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate, 1 Pound
Some background. I'm 55 years old and have not worked out since my army days in the 80s. Two years ago I had an attack of acute pancreatitis brought on by gall stones, which was fun. After spending a month in the hospital and gall bladder removal I recovered just fine. Except for the fact that any time I ate more than 6 to 10 ounces of very bland food I'd start feeling pain around my stomach and often would get very nauseous. This led me to eating lots of small meals throughout the day and way to much snacking. Over the two years I ballooned up from 185 lbs to 225 lbs. My doctor has not been able to figure out why the pain and nausea happens. They've poked. prodded, scoped every orifice, taken more blood than I honestly believe was necessary, and done every scan that they have a machine for. After finding no solution my doctor recommend I might try working out. It might help, it was very unlikely to make anything worse, and he's been wanting me to go the gym anyway.

I've only been working out for 5 weeks now and taking this product for 3 weeks. And I feel great.

First. The Gold Standard 100% Whey Double Chocolate tastes delicious. In milk it's just about as good as a chocolate milkshake. I have to resist the urge to drink more just for the enjoyment. In water it's not quite that good but still very tasty.

Second. I only take it right after workouts which are usually 8 pm - 10 pm after work. I'm up for another 2 to 3 hours afterward and I am getting no cravings where in the past late night was my worst time for eating snacks.

Third. After the first five weeks I've lost 12 lbs, feel great and look forward to the gym each day. I also so far, knock on wood, have not suffered from stomach pain or nausea in that time. I've felt the pain coming on twice at work after eating too much but after working out I've felt fine by the time I got home. In fact both times the feeling just faded unnoticed at some point during the workout. I'm still careful about what I eat but I have cautiously begun to allow myself more variety at lunch knowing I'd be heading to the gym later.

I don't know how much the Gold Standard Whey is contributing to all the positive things I've listed here but I'll keep taking it. In fact I just ordered the 5lb tub. I like the flavor and look forward to having it after my workout. It has definitely cut back my late night cravings. And if it is feeding my muscles on top of that I simply don't know what more I could ask for. Simply put, I love this product and want to have it's babies.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on March 5, 2017
I started getting serious about fitness last year, and decided that it was time I tried protein supplements. I have no previous knowledge of protein supplements or workout supplements. I only knew of Optimum Nutrition from my male friends who are avid gym goers. I started with the 2lb of chocolate mint, and was pleasantly surprised at how good the flavor is! The protein mixed easily in almond milk and/or water and didn’t make my stomach bloat or irritate my already sensitive digestive system. It has less cholesterol (13%) compared to some other brands, and has 24g of protein per serving. I’ve also tried the Bodylogix Vanilla Bean proteinBodylogix Natural Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder, Natural Vanilla Bean, 1.85 Pound, but could not get over how bitter it is, not to mention how horribly gassy it made me. Protein World’s Slender Blend tastes great, but it’s ridiculously overpriced for how often I consume a protein shake. After trying those two brands, I decided that Optimum Nutrition is the one for me. I ended up repurchasing the chocolate mint in the 5lb size. I found that Optimum Nutrition is the best value protein I can get, and is perfect for someone who is just getting into fitness.
review image