|Price:||$38.80 ($16.37 / Pound) & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Tri-Celle Casein, Chocolate Decadence, 2.37 Pound
- Advanced micellexl casein protein technology
- 30g of protein from an advanced casein protein blend
- Exclusive micellexl cacein micelle technology and lactium milk protein hydrolysates
- L-theanine to help you make the most of your post workout recovery
- Lasting amino acid delivery between meals and before bed
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Flavor: Chocolate Decadence
From the Manufacturer
ON’s Slowest & Easiest Mixing Casein
Right before or after training, a fast-acting protein like whey is ideal. But recovery from exercise can take up to 48 hours to complete, and the time you spend sleeping is the longest your body goes without nutritional support. Used between meals and especially right before bed, ON’s new Platinum Tri-Celle Casein can help provide lasting amino acid support for recovering muscles. Exclusive MicelleXL technology restructures casein micelles approximately three times the average size. ON also included L-Theanine in this advanced formula to help you make the most of your recovery.
Beyond The Basics
ON’s slowest, easiest mixing & best tasting casein at 30 grams of micellar casein protein per serving. Features exclusive MicelleXL technology plus Lactium milk protein hydrolysates, with 12.5 grams of essential amino acids and 200 milligrams of L-Theanine. Contains 60% of the daily value for calcium while providing anti-catabolic muscle support.
Make Nighttime Smoothies
The thick, creamy texture of Platinum Tri-Celle Casein makes a great foundation for smoothies. Just combine with fruit, nuts and/or juices in an electric blender.
Casein Ice Cream Recipe
Use half the amount of milk or water recommended on label (5-6 ounces), thoroughly mix in one scoop and place in the freezer for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Optimal Usage Occasions
Before bed and between meals.
The Brand You Trust For Quality
Optimum Nutrition (ON) was founded in 1986 with a mission to set higher standards for the sports nutrition industry. As one of the few manufacturers to own and operate state-of-the-art production facilities that are GMP compliant, ON’s commitment to quality is uncompromising. You’ll appreciate the extra effort the industry leader puts into assuring ingredient purity, effortless mixing and exceptional taste.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
- I would say they are about equal. Little in terms of sugar and you probably won't get addicted to it, but it definitely won't send you running. I haven't tried the vanilla yet but the chocolate is always a solid go-to.
- The biggest issue with 100% Gold Casein is its mixability. It seems to have gotten better over the years (that or blender bottles have gotten better) but you definitely won't get any clumping with the TriCelle. I used the typical metal blender ball bottle (20oz) with about 8oz of water and it only takes a few shakes to fully mix up. Milk works just as well however I warn you against it (read below).
- It's actually fairly smooth but it does seem to thicken fairly quickly over time. I would suggest against using milk (if so, go half and half with water) simply because it can get a little too thick/difficult to drink. I made the mistake of mixing up my regular whey with the TriCelle and put milk into it...definitely took a while to down.
- So this is the fun part. Initially the cost looks fairly expensive, but all Casein really it. However, if you compare the number of servings in a typical tub of TriCelle (25) vs the number of servings in 100% Casein (50?) and then factor in the 30g of Protein vs. 24g the TriCelle really isn't terribly more expensive in terms of grams of protein/$.Read more ›
I noticed that this does have a sort of filling effect -- I felt full for the entire night until morning. This might be the slow-digesting nature of this protein.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
makes a very thick and creamy shake with milk, almost can't get it to all dissolve in a shaker bottle alone (clumps a bit). good texture though. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by robert
I wanted to try casein protein in addition to whey, but I could barely stand the taste and I was just looking forward to finishing it... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon's Andrew
I am already a fan of ON and really like their products. They mix well and taste great and good results. I got this for a really good price on Amazon day. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Debbie
Mixes very thick, does taste as good as my whey and gives me heartburn as I'm going to bed. I have to take pepto to make sure I can sleep. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Joseph Moran
I knew what i was going to get, Optimum Nutrition always has the best protein hands down. I love the flavor it mixes flawlessly. I got it for a steal on prime day!Published 14 days ago by Ryan Moilanen
I know about the bigger molecules of casein in comparison with whey and all. But this one DON'T easily mix with liquids. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Baderladeen AlTazi
Good stuff but it gives me a bit of heartburn. Worth it thoughPublished 20 days ago by William McLean
best tasting protein powder to keep me full, i add grounded flax seeds and had a banana. LOVE itPublished 21 days ago by Josie Mirabal