Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on September 19, 2011
When I first started it up, it smelled like it was burning, but the smell went away within a few minutes. This happened the first few times I started it up.

It's hard to feel the heat on the first blower setting. The second setting works well to heat the air right in front of it, however after about 3 hours of continuous use, the temperature of the heat blowing out started to diminish. I use it to heat my feet, but if I move my foot a few inches away, I can't feel the heater anymore. I bought this for my office and it doesn't really work to keep even my chair area warm, so, I'm still searching for an office heater.

A great feature is that it automatically turns off if it is knocked off its base, preventing fire hazards. The fan is audible, but it's a low hum that's easy to tune out and not disturbing. Normally, I would give this less than 3 stars based on functionality, but it does about what I'd expect for the price.
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2009
Our house is very cold in the winter no matter how high we set the heat. It is mainly because we live in a home that is set on a slab/crawlspace. We are in a flood area by the beach and we are not allowed to have basements.

I bought this little heater to keep on the table next to the living room sofa just to lose the chill from the front windows. We also heat with a heat pump which in my opinion is not the most desirable heat source, but unless we wanted to bury propane in the yard, this was the most logical solution. The vents from the heater are right above the sofa and as anyone who has a heat pump knows, the air feels pretty cool when it comes out.

I ran a quick test on the heater just to make sure it works and it definitely threw out some nice heated air. It can also be used as a fan without the heat, which is very helpful.

All in all, for the price, this little heater is great.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
UPDATE JANUARY 2010
We are in the winter of 2010 and this little heater has been great. I have it sitting next to me on a sofa table and I have no complaints. It goes on and off automatically and throws out just the right amount of heat to keep me warm.
on January 5, 2013
I have a large office that is cold in the winter. This little heater is perfect for keeping me warm and toasty. I love the safety feature and if you get this heater don't turn it on in your lap... lol it won't go on! Set it on the desktop or floor and then turn it on.
Update:
After nearly 2 years it still works great. This little heater heats up a very large office room easily, and surprisingly fast. I use it only in my office in winter because the owner of my building only turns on the heat an hour before I get here... so it is very chilly when I open the door! I turn on the heater and within about 30 minutes my office is much warmer. My office is 15x18 feet... in case you wanted to know.
It isn't silent, you will have to pay much more for a heater to get that option. What I really love about it is the safety features, ie if it falls over it turns off. No heater should ever be without this feature!
on August 16, 2012
When I first received this heater I couldnt get it to work. I pluged it in, turned it on and then...nothing. I tried it in a few different outlets, then it finally started working. I was relieved that I wouldnt have to deal with returning it.

However, afer just 2 days it turned off and doesn't work anymore. Another reviewer had mentioned that it turns off automatically if it over-heats and then will turn back on again. I was hoping that was the situation with my heater but more than an hour later it won't turn on.

There seem to be quite a few complaints of the heater going dead after only a short time. I really should have read more reviews before I made the purchase.

Very disapointing!
on March 30, 2011
I got this heater in October 2010 and so far its still going strong. Has a diesel engine rattle when its cold but quits down once it warms up. However this past week The heater had a pretty bad malfunction. While it was running I started to smell a burning plastic smell. I shut it off and after it cooled down I took it apart and found that the plastic insulator on the spade connector that goes to the thermostat dial had melted and was black. it was crispy and that plug and connector were black also. I removed the burnt plastic and cleaned the connection the Best I could and put it back together. I only use it on the low heat setting so don't know why the plug burned. I'm still using it though but with a close eye on it. That was the only connector that was bad. No other signs of overheating yet.
on April 3, 2017
Liked the size and the portability. But it didn't last a year of occasional use.
on June 1, 2011
We needed a small heater in the bath, for one member of the family who gets chills when no none else does. It works for that, but the surprise came when the heat wasn't working one evening and we put it in the living room. This little heater had our fair sized room and hall warmed up within 20 minutes, and enough seeped into the bedrooms off the hallway that all slept comfortably with a couple extra blankets. Furnace was fixed the next day so I can't speak to long-term use, but it certainly did the job when we needed it to.
on June 28, 2013
'Been using the optimus portable 2 speed fan heater with thermostat h1321 for about a year, now. Good for warming, but not so much with cooling. It still smells like plastic when it's blowing the warm air, but I only use it to aid in getting out of the shower on cold nights. So, I wouldn't recommend it for a sitting room. I love the safety feature: shuts-off when tipped.
on September 28, 2011
This heater works well and the fan definitely heps in aiding heating up a person if that is what is intended to be heated. It does heat up an area of my basement where I wanted it heated but I think a larger unit would work much better for that application. This unit, because of the fan, works well though when pointed right at me and keeps me warm enough to finish tasks in the garage or basement when the temperatures drop.
on February 20, 2013
I had purchased one of these in a department store for home and I loved it so much that I ordered one for my work location. I work in Afghanistan and it gets very cold in our buildings during the winter time. It's nice because I can turn this on, place it at my feet and I'm comfortable within minutes. This also saves our big heater from overworking and shutting down.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.