|Item Weight||5.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 11.7 x 3.7 inches|
|Item model number||HD142X|
|Output Wattage||10 watts|
|Special Features||sRGB support, 8,000-hour lamp life|
|Item Display Height||6 inches|
Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
Want this professionally assembled?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied projector and projector mount to drop ceiling not to exceed 12 feet above ground
- Identification of best location for projector installation
- Calibration of device, testing with picture alignment and focus
- Assessment of proper ventilation
- Note: Customer must have an available power supply within 4 feet of the mounted projector in the installation location
- Note: This service does not include mounting on hard ceiling, which may cost extra
- Note: This service only includes the labor and does not include the mounting brackets or other parts required to complete the service
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Screen Size Range: 66-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet
- Brightness: 3,000 ANSI Lumens. Computer compatibility: FHD, HD, WXGA, UXGA, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
- Contrast Ratio: 23,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes, Lens Shift: No
- 2 x HDMI (1.4a 3D support) + MHL v1.2, Audio Out 3.5mm, 12V trigger, 3D-Sync, USB service Display Technology: Single 0.65” 1080p DC3 DMD chip DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Operating Conditions: 5°C - 40°C, Max. Humidity 85%, Max. Altitude 3000m
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Continuous Innovation HD142X vs. HD141X
- Industry-leading 23,000:1 contrast ratio
- 8,000-hour lamp life lowers cost of use
- REC.709 Color Space provides brighter colors and enhanced picture quality
- 10W built-in speaker provides powerful, crystal clear sound
Experience the Next Generation of Home Entertainment
Big Screen Entertainment for your Home Theater
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Resolution
- 3,000 lumens
- 23,000:1 contrast ratio
- 8,000-hour lamp life
- Reference Display Mode and sRGB enable 99% accuracy to REC.709
Brilliant, Vibrant Colors
Watch movies and play games with stunning colors in any environment. 3,000 ANSI lumens combined with a sharp contrast ratio enable a near perfect reproduction of the REC.709 color spectrum, the international standard for HDTV viewing.
Full HD 1080P
Sharper more detailed projection with 1920 x 1080 pixels, perfect for watching Blu-ray movies without downscaling or compression.
Extended Lamp Life
With an extended lamp life of an impressive 8,000 hours, even if you watch a two-hour movie every day, your projector's lamp should last over 10 years.
Integrated 10W Speaker
Complete your home entertainment experience with the convenience of a powerful built-in 10W speaker. This speaker provides powerful, crystal clear sound quality without the need for costly external speakers.
Reference Mode and sRGB
Combined, these features create colors that are perfectly aligned to REC.709 and REC.709b color space, a color spectrum that is bright and accurate. The visuals it creates conform to HDTV broadcast ColorSpace specs and transform viewing into virtual reality.
Optoma projectors can display true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray players, 3D broadcasting and the latest generation games consoles. And the projector’s support for 144Hz rapid refresh rate provides smooth, flicker-free images.
Images are automatically adjusted to lamp output, based on the brightness information of each frame, creating one of the home entertainment industry-leading 23,000:1 contrast ratio.
Turn your projector into a smart display by connecting a smartphone or tablet with a single cable using MHL to play games, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
|Optoma HD141X||Optoma HD142X||HD143X|
|Native Resolution||1080p (1920 x 1080)||1080p (1920 x 1080)||1080p (1920 x 1080)|
|Image Size||41.8" - 305"||27.88" - 305.5"||28" - 301"|
|Speaker||10W Mono Speaker||10W Mono Speaker||10W Mono Speaker|
|Lamp Life (Hours)||Bright/Dynamic/Eco 5000/6000/6500||Bright/Dynamic/Eco 5000/6500/8000||Bright/Dynamic/Eco 3500/10000/12000|
Compare with similar items
Optoma HD143X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
vankyo LEISURE 3 (Upgraded Version) 2200 LUX LED Portable Projector with Carrying Bag, Video Projector with 170'' and 1080P Support, Compatible with Fire TV Stick, PS4, HDMI, VGA, TF, AV and USB
iDGLAX iDG-787W LCD LED Video Multimedia Mini Portable Projector with Free HDMI cable for Home Theater Movie Nights and Video Games (HD Ready)
Projector, GooDee Video Projector 200" LCD Home Theater Projector Support 1080P HDMI VGA AV USB MicroSD for Home Entertainment, Party and Games
Optoma HD29Darbee 1080p 3200 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||VAN-DIRECT||IDGLAXUS||GooDee-US||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless^HDMI^MHL^USB||hdmi||HDMI,VGA,USB, AV, TF Card, TV BOX, 1080P Supported||HDMI USB SD VGA AV AUDIO||vga cable, usb, hdmi||HDMI|
|Display Technology||DLP||DLP||LED Light Source with 5 Layer LCD Display||LED (Light source) +LCD (Display)||LCD||DLP|
|Image Brightness||3000 lumens||3,000 lumen||50ANSI lumen||50 ANSI lumen||—||3,200 lumen|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 11.73 x 3.7 in||9 x 11.7 x 3.8 in||7.9 x 5.9 x 3.1 in||8.19 x 6.62 x 3.07 in||12 x 9.36 x 4.68 in||9.05 x 11.73 x 3.79 in|
|Item Weight||5.5 lbs||5.5 lbs||2.12 lbs||2 lbs||5 lbs||5.5 lbs|
|Resolution||1080p||1080p||1080P Supported||Support 1080p||—||—|
The Optoma HD142X is a dynamic and cost-effective 1080p Home Theater Projector packed with an array of features including 3000 lumens, 1920 x 1080 FullHD Resolution, 1.1x Zoom, sRGB support, and 23,000:1 contrast ratio. The HD142X is the perfect Home Theater Projector for watching Blu-ray movies on movie night or Games of Thrones on a Sunday Evening. The 8000-hour lamp life leads to extended hours of viewing with limited need for maintenance and a lower overall cost-of-use without sacrificing outstanding picture quality. The HD142X is a great projector for gaming platforms including Xbox One, PS4, and your Personal Computer. The advance optical lens, crisp 1080p graphics and deep blacks produce detailed and vivid graphics and textures. sRGB color profile enables rich accurate color, based on the primaries of Rec.709 HDTV specification when used with a PC, Mac, or any sRGB compatible source. It features the latest and greatest digital media interface with support for MHL v1.2-enabled HDMI ports and is compatible with MHL devices such as Optoma’s HDCast Pro, Roku Streaming Stick and Smart Phones which connect directly to the projector to playback music and video, view pictures and even share web pages and other user generated digital media content.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am using it for backyard movies on a sixteen by nine foot white PVC screen, and it is awesome. Blows everybody away when they come over for backyard movie night. I was worried about rainbow effect. And now I almost wonder if it's a myth! I've asked literally everyone who has watched our set-up, and out of 50+ people (and counting), young and old, not one person has reported seeing rainbows. I'm using a 'flexiwhite' screen made from a white PVC material which makes a spectacular picture with bright clear color and deep dark blacks. No complaint whatsoever on color or contrast. We do, admittedly, mostly watch kids stuff--so lots of animated movies--but in all content, we've got no complaints and have used only 'out of the box' picture settings. We start the show right around sunset and it does absolutely fine with dusk/twilight lighting and normal suburban background lighting of cars and neighbors' houses, porch lights, etc.
I know how many hours of research I did before buying, and this review probably won't stop your obsessive research either, but please know you can buy this projector with COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and you will be delighted!
I started noticing frequent strong rainbow artifacts in video clips/movies that were so annoying and distracting I unfortunately had to return it and bought an Epson 1040 instead (it's a 3LCD system which inherently does not have rainbow effects).
2 other minor issues for me were: - No Component input, and jittery video when using Miracast mirroring via a WiFi stick (that same ScreenBeam Mini 2 stick works flawlessly when connected to my HDTV)
If you are not sensitive to the DLP's rainbow effect, this is one fantastic projector and my review below stands.
- - - - - - - - I hope you find this review helpful.
I posted this video at much better quality on YouTube under "Optoma HD142X 1080p - 100" of Pure Pleasure"
This is one amazing 1080p projector. All of a sudden our 50" HDTV is so uninteresting.
We use it on an excellent 100" motorized screen that I reviewed with a video as well (link at end of this review)
The HD142X fit my budget and is ---
- The 1st choice in cnet.com Projectors for 2017, - 1st on the excellent ProjectorCentral.com site for PJs under $750, and 1st on Amazon's quality PJs for Home entertainment (as well as the many favorable reviews here)
My research on Projectors brought me back time and again to the HD142X and it really is a gem.
Yes, 10% of the reviews are not-favorable, but that's the case for all Projectors of $500 to 700+
Other Projectors people loved which I considered at the $500 - $700 price range:
1 - Epson HC 1040 - a 3LCD technology, but pricing and deciding to get a DLP had me skip it
2 - Optoma HD27 - 3200 vs 3000 lumens of the HD142X and contrast of 25,000:1 vs 23,000:1 did not seem worth the extra $80
3 - BenQ W1070 - a popular DLP projector, but pricier, only 2000 Lumens, 2 HDMI but neither w/MHL
4 - BenQ MH530 - a very good 3200/1080p projector, 2 HDMI but no MHL, no USB A port
5 - Short throw projectors could not work for my setup and are also usually more expensive
I learned the following the hard way after buying/returning 2 projectors:
- Quality 3000/1080p projectors cost over $400. Verify that 1080p is 'NATIVE' resolution and the stated 3000 Lumens is ANSI. Low cost projectors say 1080p 'compatible' but are only 480 or 720p at most. They also claim 3000 lumens but you only get measly 200 ANSI at best. The 2 I tried with Android 4.4 OS were buggy, slow and useless.
General tips on getting a best price on a Projector, if not in a hurry:
1 - Sign up for free at sites like slickdeals.com and set an alert to get emails on 'Projector'
... Many deals are for brand new projectors from reputable sellers
... e.g. BenQ MH530 sold for $380 on eBay by NewEgg (Regular price $550)
2 - Sign up for Daily Deals alerts on Amazon + check upcoming Lightning Deals for projectors
3 - If refurbished is your thing, look under 'Other Sellers' (where you can also get new/no-tax)
... e.g. a refurbished/open-box HD142X was available via Amazon's warehouse deals for $385
1. This newly selling motorized 100" screen at $64 turned out to be excellent and a I posted a review with a video too:
ShowMaven 100-inch 16:9, Matte White Home Theater Electric Motorized Drop Down Projection Projector Screen w/ Remote Control
2. (Update) After a few hours of watching various content I started noticing the rainbow effect, which became a deal breaker for me.
3. The on-board speaker is nothing to write home about. Optoma's Audio team really dropped the ball on that one. There is also no Menu Audio settings of any kind except for Mute/Volume. I use my own Speakers instead anyway.
Most recent customer reviews
Great picture quality. Very crisp image even with some ambient lighting.
The built-in speaker is absolutely awful; it’s hilarious that they...Read more
Plays Blue-Ray movies with really good quality.