Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Optoma HD146X High Performance Projector for Movies & Gaming | Bright 3600 Lumens | DLP Single Chip Design | Enhanced Gaming Mode 16ms Response Time
|Hardware Interface||USB, Lightning, HDMI|
|Mounting Type||Ceiling Mount|
|Luminous Flux||3600 Lumen|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- CINEMATIC PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy crisp, high-definition images with a native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and an RYGCWB color wheel for home cinema color calibration.
- PERFECT IMAGE ALIGNMENT: With the latest technology from Texas Instruments, the DLP DMD single-chip design ensures perfect image alignment combined with high-brightness for an incredible picture
- LIGHTS-ON VIEWING: Enjoy an incredible 3, 600 of brightness in any room in your home; leave the lights on or keep it dim for a cinematic experience
- FAST RESPONSE TIME: Enhanced Gaming Mode enables lightning-fast response time; Game Display Mode boosts shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of impending obstacles
- HDMI-CEC FOR SIMPLE ON/OFF: HDMI-CEC technology enables control of the projector and connected devices using a single remote, all via the HDMI connection with the projectors HDMI-Link feature
- MORE IMAGE DEPTH: Dynamic Black technology provides more depth to the image by smoothing lamp output to create a high contrast ratio (500, 000: 1); bright scenes appear clear while dark scenes remain detailed
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15, 000 hours of lamp life enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Incredible Picture Quality
Enjoy crisp, high-definition images with native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and 25,000:1 contrast ratio.
Home Cinema Experience
With a 6-segment color wheel (RYGCWB), the HD146X produces vivid, colorful images for home cinema color calibration. Enjoy an incredible 3,600 of brightness in any room in your home – home theater, gaming room, or living room.
Engineered for Gaming
Game Display Mode provides a visual advantage by boosting shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of impending obstacles. Enhanced Gaming Mode delivers lightning-fast input response times of 16ms, perfect for fast-paced and competitive console or PC gaming.
Experience more depth to your image with Dynamic Black technology which smoothly adjusts lamp output to create a stunning, high-contrast image. Bright scenes appear crisp and clear, while dark scenes remain detailed with deep blacks and exceptional light and shade detail.
HDMI-CEC for Simple On/Off
Automatically power on/off the HD146X with HDMI-CEC technology, which allows control of the projector and HDMI-connected devices using a single remote.
Perfect Image Alignment
With the latest technology from Texas Instruments, the DLP DMD single-chip design ensures perfect image alignment combined with high-brightness for an incredible picture.
A1.1x zoom and ±40° vertical keystone correction enable flexible placement in any environment.
Long Lamp Life
Enjoy up to 15,000 hours of lamp life in eco mode enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years.
The low 26dB noise level in eco-mode ensures movies and gaming are seen, not heard.
|Highlights||Big screen home entertainment ideal for gaming & TV/Movie Streaming in 1080p. Easy on/off with HDMI-CEC.||Bright, Full HD 1080p projection ideal for movies, sports & gaming.||The latest in 1080p DLP display technology, ideal for lights-on viewing of movies, sports & gaming.|
|Resolution & Contrast Ratio||1080p resolution 25,000:1 contrast ratio||1080p resolution 23,000:1 contrast ratio||1080p resolution 25,000:1 contrast ratio|
|Color||HDTV color quality with REC.709||HDTV color quality with REC.709 & REC.709b||HDTV color quality with REC.709 & REC.709b|
|Gaming||Enhanced Gaming mode with 16ms input lag. Game Display Mode for boosted shadows and dark scens for greater visibility.||Big screen gaming – up to 300"||Big screen gaming – up to 300"|
|Brightness||3600 lumens, lights on viewing||3000 lumens||3300 lumens|
|Throw Distance||Standard Throw: Project a 120" image from approximately 13–14 feet away||Standard Throw: Project a 120" image from approximately 13 feet away||Standard Throw: Project a 120" image from approximately 13 feet away|
|Lamp Life||Up to 15,000 hours||Up to 15,000 hours||Up to 15,000 hours|
|Installation Flexibility||1.1x zoom, ±40° vertical keystone correction||1.1x zoom, ±40° vertical keystone correction||1.1x zoom, ±40° vertical keystone correction|
|Connectivity||HDMI 1.4, Audio-Out, USB-A (Power)||2xHDMI, audio-out, 3D Sync port, 12V trigger, USB power||2xHDMI, audio-out, 3D Sync port, 12V trigger, USB power|
Compare with similar items
Embrace the huge-screen cinematic experience with the affordable 3,600 lumens Optoma HD146X 1080p home theater projector. The excellent color reproduction and high-quality 25, 000: 1 contrast ratio ensures images up to 301-inches look incredible for unmatched immersion for movies and gaming. Enhanced Gaming Mode delivers lightning-fast input response times of 16ms, perfect for fastpaced and competitive console or PC gaming. Game Display Mode provides a visual advantage by boosting shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of impending obstacles. HDMI-Link technology enables control of the projector and connected devices using a single remote, all via the HDMI connection. Up to 15,000- hour lamp life delivers many years of use with minimal maintenance when using Dynamic mode.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am using it for backyard movies on a sixteen by nine foot white PVC screen, and it is awesome. Blows everybody away when they come over for backyard movie night. I was worried about rainbow effect. And now I almost wonder if it's a myth! I've asked literally everyone who has watched our set-up, and out of 50+ people (and counting), young and old, not one person has reported seeing rainbows. I'm using a 'flexiwhite' screen made from a white PVC material which makes a spectacular picture with bright clear color and deep dark blacks. No complaint whatsoever on color or contrast. We do, admittedly, mostly watch kids stuff--so lots of animated movies--but in all content, we've got no complaints and have used only 'out of the box' picture settings. We start the show right around sunset and it does absolutely fine with dusk/twilight lighting and normal suburban background lighting of cars and neighbors' houses, porch lights, etc.
I know how many hours of research I did before buying, and this review probably won't stop your obsessive research either, but please know you can buy this projector with COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and you will be delighted!
I started noticing frequent strong rainbow artifacts in video clips/movies that were so annoying and distracting I unfortunately had to return it and bought an Epson 1040 instead (it's a 3LCD system which inherently does not have rainbow effects).
2 other minor issues for me were: - No Component input, and jittery video when using Miracast mirroring via a WiFi stick (that same ScreenBeam Mini 2 stick works flawlessly when connected to my HDTV)
If you are not sensitive to the DLP's rainbow effect, this is one fantastic projector and my review below stands.
- - - - - - - - I hope you find this review helpful.
I posted this video at much better quality on YouTube under "Optoma HD142X 1080p - 100" of Pure Pleasure"
This is one amazing 1080p projector. All of a sudden our 50" HDTV is so uninteresting.
We use it on an excellent 100" motorized screen that I reviewed with a video as well (link at end of this review)
The HD142X fit my budget and is ---
- The 1st choice in cnet.com Projectors for 2017, - 1st on the excellent ProjectorCentral.com site for PJs under $750, and 1st on Amazon's quality PJs for Home entertainment (as well as the many favorable reviews here)
My research on Projectors brought me back time and again to the HD142X and it really is a gem.
Yes, 10% of the reviews are not-favorable, but that's the case for all Projectors of $500 to 700+
Other Projectors people loved which I considered at the $500 - $700 price range:
1 - Epson HC 1040 - a 3LCD technology, but pricing and deciding to get a DLP had me skip it
2 - Optoma HD27 - 3200 vs 3000 lumens of the HD142X and contrast of 25,000:1 vs 23,000:1 did not seem worth the extra $80
3 - BenQ W1070 - a popular DLP projector, but pricier, only 2000 Lumens, 2 HDMI but neither w/MHL
4 - BenQ MH530 - a very good 3200/1080p projector, 2 HDMI but no MHL, no USB A port
5 - Short throw projectors could not work for my setup and are also usually more expensive
I learned the following the hard way after buying/returning 2 projectors:
- Quality 3000/1080p projectors cost over $400. Verify that 1080p is 'NATIVE' resolution and the stated 3000 Lumens is ANSI. Low cost projectors say 1080p 'compatible' but are only 480 or 720p at most. They also claim 3000 lumens but you only get measly 200 ANSI at best. The 2 I tried with Android 4.4 OS were buggy, slow and useless.
General tips on getting a best price on a Projector, if not in a hurry:
1 - Sign up for free at sites like slickdeals.com and set an alert to get emails on 'Projector'
... Many deals are for brand new projectors from reputable sellers
... e.g. BenQ MH530 sold for $380 on eBay by NewEgg (Regular price $550)
2 - Sign up for Daily Deals alerts on Amazon + check upcoming Lightning Deals for projectors
3 - If refurbished is your thing, look under 'Other Sellers' (where you can also get new/no-tax)
... e.g. a refurbished/open-box HD142X was available via Amazon's warehouse deals for $385
1. This newly selling motorized 100" screen at $64 turned out to be excellent and a I posted a review with a video too:
ShowMaven 100-inch 16:9, Matte White Home Theater Electric Motorized Drop Down Projection Projector Screen w/ Remote Control
2. (Update) After a few hours of watching various content I started noticing the rainbow effect, which became a deal breaker for me.
3. The on-board speaker is nothing to write home about. Optoma's Audio team really dropped the ball on that one. There is also no Menu Audio settings of any kind except for Mute/Volume. I use my own Speakers instead anyway.
Top reviews from other countries
**Edit: After using it for an average of 5~ hours a day since receiving it, the lamp has seemingly died. The replacement lamp is BL-FP240G, which is VERY SCARCE in Canada. Avoid purchasing this projector if you live in Canada.
Also impressed with the quietness of the fan. Projector doesn't heat up the room as much as my previous projectors. But unique to this projector is the supreme quietness.
I use this as a home theatre projector. I live in a loft with big windows and I don't use a screen. So I need a machine that is powerful and bright. Half the time the room isn't even dark. Still works very well.
The Black Levels on this projector are staggering, I never knew what True Black Levels meant, now I do!
The ONLY setting I changed was Colour Temperature: I set it to Cold, I was using my 4K LG TV before I received this projector: pretty much the same PQ as my TV when I set it to Cold and not Cool etc. ...
This projector's PQ is marvelous, and the Black Levels while other colours are included within the scene is captivating.
**If the colours in (a) certain scene(s): it is the blu-ray's/DVd's "fault", 'Monsters University' would benefit from HDR, and now that Disney/Pixar is releasing 4K content, maybe eventually.***
I recently watched 'Romancing The Stone', you know the scene at the beginning when the woman throws the knife at the man: I actually saw her face for the first time ever, I have owned it on VHS, DVD 20th Anniversary, and now the recent release on Blu-ray(2008). First time EVER. Oh, she has blonde hair!!! The rest of the movie looks DVD quality just before and after "Joan Wilder, you and your sister can go!". 4K please, next year is the 35th Anniversary because Disney owns it now.
'The Incredible Hulk'(Edward Norton) on 4K. The scene where Bruce - still as The Hulk - and Liv Tyler are in the cave as it is raining when The Hulk hits his head and it actually hurts him, I could not really make out The Hulk in the dark while rain is falling. Now I can, including facial expressions on The Hulk and muscle definition and his purple shorts and his black hair!!! I have also owned the Green Case Blu-ray and this is the first time.
There is two negatives about this projector, and they are:
the Power Cord is too short(the picture that this projector displays is so big that I have it sitting on top of an old VHS to DVD machine which is to the right of my chair on the floor; the projector is about 3 to 4 inches from of the back of my chair therefore the Power Cord barely reaches 3 1\2 inches to behind my chair, around behind my chair which is a regular Lay-Z-Boy width and to the wall socket which is about 4 to 5 inches from the front of my chair and the normal height from the floor. Not fray the wires over time by its placement but the Power Cord is short. Extension Cord!
The last negative would be: The Lens Cap and it's String, the string is just the right length but if you hit the Lens Focus Wheel(which is that Big Wheel surrounding the Lens in the picture) you will un do your liking of the Focus Cleanliness. Not a big deal but, these are the only negatives in the time that I have owned this projector.
Petit dérangement, la mise au point par la lentille avant se dérègle facilement et doit être souvent réajustée. Comme le projecteur est accessible pour moi, facile à régler, mais pourrait être un problème plus dérangeant pour quelqu'un qui installe le projecteur de manière difficilement accessible.