Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Optoma ML550 WXGA 500 Lumen 3D Ready Portable DLP ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 54% off the $799.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Optoma ML550 WXGA 500 Lumen 3D Ready Portable DLP LED Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert setup your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No heavy lifting; No fumbling with tiny parts or complex instructions
- Your expert will ensure that your product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Incredibly small, yet unbelievably bright
- Comprehensive connectivity for maximum compatibility
- Powerful LED light source means no lamps to replace
- 3D Ready for the most amazing, immersive 3D viewing experience
- Wireless presentation capability via optional BI-EXTBGN adapter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
What's in the Box?
- ML550 Projector
- AC Power Cord
- Universal I/O cable
- Carry Bag
- Infra Red Remote Control with Battery
- Quick Start Card
- Warranty Card
Palm-Sized LED Pico Projector
Introducing the all new ML550 ultra-compact portable LED projector. Easily transportable between your home and office, this tiny projector weights less than 0.4kg and comes with a convenient carry bag. Watch HD movies or present that winning presentation, the ML550 has everything you need to impress your audience.
Packed full of features the ML550 incorporates a media player, native office viewer and built-in speaker. Project without a laptop using the built-in memory, a microSD card slot, USB connection. Easily connect and display from a mobile or table device using MHL connectivity to view business files, photos, videos and listen to music.
Using the latest 'Lamp-free' technology for exceptional colour fidelity, reliability and longevity, the Optoma LED ultra - compact portable projector is your perfect entertainment and business partner.
DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
Creates razor sharp pictures and amazing videos with incredible colors and brightness, while providing world class reliability and longevity. DLP technology featurees consistent color precision, outstanding readability from high native contrast ratios, and fast digital video performance with lightning fast response times.
LED Lamp and Lifespan
Optoma LED projectors use individual red, green and blue LED modules to create the projected image without the need for a color wheel. LED illumination provides consistent brightness and color performance with increased efficiency to maintain its out-of-the-box image quality. And the extraordinary life of LEDs (up to 20,000 hours) will ensure it stays clear and bright.
Brightness, Color and Contrast
The ML550 projector delivers a bright image for road warriors, power-users and on-the-go gamers. With 500 ANSI lumens and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, it packs the power and performance of a full-sized projector in the palm of your hand.
Easy Connectivity - MHL
Easily connect to a laptop, PC, games console or DVD player with HDMI. The ML550 is also MHL compatible, this allows you to connect your MHL enabled mobile device with a single cable solution allowing you to mirror your devices screen. Ideal for streaming movies and viewing files and photos stored on your mobile device.
Introducing the ML series of ultra-compact portable LED projectors. Easily transportable, this tiny projector fits in the palm of your hand, weighs less than 1-pound and comes with a convenient carrying case.
Mobile LED Gaming
Transform the tiny screen on your portable gaming device into a massive 100+ inch display. Lightweight and with a small footprint, Optoma’s mobile LED projectors have been designed with portability in mind. The ML550, ML750 and ML750ST include industry standard MHL connection technology plus they come with a carrying case, so you can take big screen gaming wherever you go.
Advantages of Gaming with DLP
Optoma projectors are designed to work with today’s top consoles, portable devices and gaming PCs to bring any game to life. With lightning response times, high contrast, vivid colors, and a huge image, gamers will feel the electricity of a living stadium during a match or see the beads of sweat on enemy faces. An Optoma gaming projector is the ‘must-have’ addition for any gamer.
Digital signage applications are ideal as the projector can be mounted in virtually any orientation and it can automatically play video files or a photo slideshow directly from a microSD card as soon as the projector is switched on. You can even set the projector to turn off after a set period of time using the ‘sleep timer’ function.
|Brightness (lumens)||500 ANSI||700 ANSI||700 ANSI|
|Contrast (full on/off)||10,000:1||10,000:1||20,000:1|
|Lens Type||Standard||Standard||Short Throw|
|Throw Dist (feet)||1.8 - 10.7||1.8 - 10.6||1.4 - 11.3|
|Image Size (inches)||17.0 - 100.9||17.0 - 100.0||24.8 - 199.9|
|Lamp Life (hours)||20,000||20,000||20,000|
|Native Resolution||1280 x 800||1280 x 800||1280 x 800|
|Aspect Ratio||16:10 (WXGA)||16:10 (WXGA)||16:10 (WXGA)|
|Digital Input||HDMI / MHL||HDMI / MHL||HDMI / MHL|
Compare to similar items
This item Optoma ML550 WXGA 500 Lumen 3D Ready Portable DLP LED Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||HDMI, MHL||HDMI||HDMI||HDMI; VGA; Composite A/V; USB; microSD||Wireless, HDMI, MHL, WiFi||HDMI|
|Display Technology||DLP||DLP||LED||DLP with 20,000 Hours Premium LED||LASER||LED|
|Image Brightness||500 lumens||400 lumens||25 lumens||900 lumen||100 Lumens||650 lumens|
|Item Dimensions||4.2 x 4.1 x 1.5 in||3.9 x 5.9 x 1.6 in||2.36 x 4.25 x 0.7 in||1.8 x 6 x 6 in||2.2 x 2.2 x 2.2 in||1.6 x 6.9 x 3.9 in|
|Item Weight||0.88 lb||1.3 lbs||0.6 lb||1.95 lbs||7.36 ounces||2.95 lbs|
|Resolution||—||1080p||Maximum 1080p||Maximum 1080p||1280x720HD||—|
The Optoma ML550 is an incredibly small LED projector with the power and performance of a larger unit. Delivering an impressive 500 lumens and 10,000:1 contrast ratio, along with razor sharp focus and magnificent color accuracy, the ML550 will make your presentations stand out above the rest. Designed for traveling professionals, the Optoma ML550 is small in size, light in weight and strong in performance and reliability. Its LED light source is rated to last over 20,000 hours, so there are no expensive bulbs to replace. It is built Optoma tough, so you know it will last for years to come.
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
Things I love:
* Tiny, literally, it's a true micro projector. Fits in palm of hand.
* Very bright, widescreen display, even at 4m in a light room. Incredible given size of projector.
* Easy setup and remote for keystone etc.
* High quality color and great constrast ratio
Things I don't love:
* It has a couple of small fans which create a high pitched sound all the time, to varying levels (depending on screen mode). During quieter parts in movies or TV it's noticeable.
Overall, this projector creates an incredible display from a tiny package and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in a smaller room or who travels a lot.
For it's size and price, the image quality is good enough for a quick presentation.
Do NOT buy the WiFi adapter for use with this projector. The drivers aren't compatible with the latest OS X, and there have been zero updates from Optoma since it was released. It used to work for me, but now I can't use that option at all.
Essentially, you will only be able to use HDMI to get a signal into this projector. It claims to be able to play Office Files, Videos and images off of USB and micro SD cards. Good luck getting that to work! It won't recognize half my memory devices, and when I do find some that it recognizes, it will display half my presentation slide and images, the rest show up blank. So, effectively useless!
I would not recommend unless you just plan on using purely HDMI and can live with the compromises.
We have so much fun projecting this onto my 100" collapsible screen when we have outside movie nights or pay-per view fights. I also use it on dj gigs (sometimes in rear projecting mode). It's still going strong considering its been knocked off a tripod several times. Whenever possible I use a camera shoe to strap the projector to patios or my light truss. My old projector is brighter than this led projector but the bulb needs constant replacement when I use it on gigs. I find this led projector to be a good compromise as long as its playing in a dark environment. I'm definitely also going to purchase the new short-throw model.
This is truly an amazing projector as long as its used within its limitations.
Then I ran into some quality issues:
1. Sound: one week after I setup, I turned the speaker to "off", then I could not get any sound from it again even after I turn speaker to "on". I have tried factory reset option, tried different volumes, but could not get the sound back on. This is an annoying problem. For hdmi connection, with laptop you can control keeping the audio to laptop itself so you still get sound. But from iPad or cellphone, the device send the audio to hdmi output, I am not aware any solution to change that. By the way, the speaker on the projector is very, very weak. It does NOT have a audio jack so you cannot rewire the audio to separate speakers
2. VGA input: for VGA input, you need to use the universal VGA/audio cable that comes with the box. I spend 30 minutes to get the projector to show the video signal (after numerous connect/disconnect) but no luck. After I tried the factory reset operation, and reconnected the wires, I could get the projector to show the signal. HOWEVER, 2 days later, when I turn the projector back on, it has problem showing the VGA input again. Looking at the universal VGA/audio cable, it is not very sturdy and look could fail rather easily.
I contacted Optoma USA regarding the speaker issue, but haven't heard back from them after 2 weeks.
Overall, the little projector shows great video. But there are some serious quality issues with sound and VGA input. And the customer support is less than optimal.